Sponsored by:

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 01:53 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
should be a compressor in the frunk. otherwise any auto parts store has them.

Not should be- there is a free compressor in the frunk that will allow you to fill your tires- you don't need to buy anything. It takes a little while but runs from your cars cigarette lighter. You should know where it is in case you ever need to use the sealant to fix a puncture while on the road.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:41 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

I have one of these, really good for topping off any of the cars:
Amazon Amazon

I was told the emergency one is very slow/weak, I wouldn't use it unless a real emergency.

Because of fear of being stuck somewhere on a fun drive with centerlocks I keep that, a jack, and a tire plug kit in the frunk. And a digital tire pressure gauge. And a few rags... You know, everything you need, which I have never needed and of course won't need since I'm prepared. :P
Old 02-05-2019, 08:01 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 463 Likes on 294 Posts

Sorry for the slight hijack but normal air that we breathe is already 80% nitrogen, what's the advantage of inflating the tires with pure 100% nitrogen?
Old 02-05-2019, 09:08 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Agree - just add air and see what happens. They will measure about 1 psi low for every 10 degrees colder. Plus the natural slow loss.
An auto parts store will have an inexpensive inflator. Lowe's has better ones. I'd save the one in the trunk for emergencies. Not sure I could wrap the hose back up right!
In a pinch, a bicycle pump will work. And provide a decent workout!
If roads are a mess than this ^. Keep inflated to proper pressure by checking periodically and in Spring take it to dealer.

In reality as as my son said to me these cars are so protected with anti-corrosion you could float it across the Atlantic back to the Father Land for factory techs to fix the tire and it would be fine.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:20 AM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I use one of these and I love it. I hate dealing with cords, and tihs is perfect for me since you can take it anywhere and it doubles as an inflator for water tubes or other inflatables (if you know what I mean...). I also really like that you set it to a desired pressure, hook the compressor tube to your tire, and then press go and it will run until it reaches the pressure you requested and then stop. Super easy.

Amazon Amazon

Note that it doesn't come with a battery, which is a bummer, but it uses a universal 18v that can be used across a whole bunch of Ryobi power tools (I just have the reciprocating saw).
Old 02-05-2019, 02:43 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Sorry for the slight hijack but normal air that we breathe is already 80% nitrogen, what's the advantage of inflating the tires with pure 100% nitrogen?
Depends on your judgement if you need it or not. I'd say usually not worth the cost but if cost is no option then go for it:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...ogen-in-tires/

Quick Reply: Need some advice