Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Touring - Demanding Higher Pre Owned Values

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 688 Posts

The OP is completely delusional.

Everyone loses money on cars, unless you're buying extremely limited items. Even his .1 wasn't that limited!
Old 01-30-2019, 06:12 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
The OP is completely delusional.

Everyone loses money on cars, unless you're buying extremely limited items. Even his .1 wasn't that limited!
Some people will say that casually when they mean the selling price was the same or more as the purchase price... People don't mean it as a business model, where costs of operation, inflation, cost of finance, etc all need to be less than the sale price to make money. I have almost never bought an enthusiast car, and sold it for less than I paid. My aircooled 911 has been in the garage 10 years and has tripled in cash value over that time. I'd guess with insurance costs etc, I'm probably at break even on it.

I had a friend trade in a commuter car that he financed, and he referred to the residual value of the car as "profit" in the deal I think that's about the level where most people are honestly functioning.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:16 PM
neversaynever
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Auto_Werks 3.6
Some people will say that casually when they mean the selling price was the same or more as the purchase price... People don't mean it as a business model, where costs of operation, inflation, cost of finance, etc all need to be less than the sale price to make money. I have almost never bought an enthusiast car, and sold it for less than I paid. My aircooled 911 has been in the garage 10 years and has tripled in cash value over that time. I'd guess with insurance costs etc, I'm probably at break even on it.

I had a friend trade in a commuter car that he financed, and he referred to the residual value of the car as "profit" in the deal I think that's about the level where most people are honestly functioning.
i purchaed my 991.1 GT3 2015 for $122k in boston i sold it for $129k in cali

on this car i essentially broke even plus or minus a few grand based on sales tax.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:20 PM
sterno
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
The 991 GT3 Touring in PDK commands the highest value.

Btw, welcome to Rennlist. You've kicked things off with a value thread, so my strong suspicion is that you'll fit in here quite nicely.
The GT3 Touring does NOT have a PDK. The only way too get one is with the 6 speed Motorsport Manual.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:33 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by sterno
The GT3 Touring does NOT have a PDK. The only way too get one is with the 6 speed Motorsport Manual.
Pretty sure it was sarcasm...
Old 01-30-2019, 06:34 PM
sterno
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

��
Old 01-30-2019, 06:58 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Name:  photo254.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  321.2 KB
Old 01-30-2019, 07:00 PM
STG
Race Director

Old 01-30-2019, 07:27 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 374 Posts

Yeah people are very negative and delusional on this forum. But without all the hogwash floating around what else would fill up this forum hahaha Saying you have never lost money on a car you've bought is a fairly insane comment even for rennlist standards, but i dont care, dont know why anyone else does

I mean I am a full blown criminal on this forum. I DD a 991.2 gt3 rs which is allegedly disrespectful to how special the car is whatever dafuq that means. I didnt get a lift, i didnt get leather, I got bose, I got silver wheels, no PCCB, who gives a F, I have fun.

Just go find the car that puts a smile on your face. If you want to minimize cost something less maintenance prone and rarer is obviously the choice.

My 2 cents, if you are not going to drive it too much a 996 gt2 is imo the best buy on a porsche today. Those will be worth a lot one day and have some torque you seem to like. Other than that I dont know what high TQ manual porsche u can get and drive a considerable amount that's newer will hold its value honestly. Maybe a used 17 gts or 997 turbo you wont get too reamed on resale

good luck
Old 01-30-2019, 08:18 PM
neversaynever
Track Day

Originally Posted by Ceepe
This thread delivers. Never go full retard OP.
Think about your words, I hope you never have a child with disabilities

My suspicions were correct, this forum is a huge let down.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:25 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
if you are around, I will be picking up my 2nd 991.2GT3RS this weekend.
If you need a ride, I'll drive you up there unless you're trading your first one in.......
Old 01-30-2019, 08:32 PM
neversaynever
Track Day

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
If you need a ride, I'll drive you up there unless you're trading your first one in.......
Just spoke to John ( Mooty)

He said get the 997 Gt2 forget the 991 based on my requirements
Old 01-30-2019, 08:41 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by neversaynever
what does your comment add to this thread,

stop wasting people's time.

I honestly think i may just close my account here, its worse than it was year back.

Bunch of guys who turned 30 or 40 if your that far behind in life, got a bonus check and bought their first 911

yes the fact remains, i have NEVER LOST MONEY ON A CAR I HAVE OWNED

The Ferrari forum must have a better crowd to hang out with? More established and wealthier?

"NEVER LOST MONEY ON A CAR I HAVE OWNED".

Do you give seminars?? I'd pay $100 to learn more.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:56 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 582 Likes on 297 Posts

Originally Posted by neversaynever
Think about your words, I hope you never have a child with disabilities

My suspicions were correct, this forum is a huge let down.
Yes, You're right. It was not correct of me to use that term. I know better than that. I went to an uber progressive high school where use of a term like retard ended you suspended for 30 days.
I did not mean to offend. I wrote that post under duress. It's been that kind of day. We're all idiots. Or at least I am. Disabled people are pure beings, far better than your average human. Trump is a Russian asset, GT3's at MSRP rule. Roll with the MSRP new car over a taxed used example, like the pony i'm trying to sell. Or at this point not sell.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:57 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Yes, You're right. It was not correct of me to use that term. I know better than that. I went to an uber progressive high school where use of a term like retard ended you up suspended for 30 days.
I did not mean to offend. I wrote that post under duress. It's been that kind of day. We're all idiots. Or at least I am. Disabled people are pure beings, far better than your average human. Trump is a Russian asset, GT3's at MSRP rule. Roll with the MSRP new car over a taxed used example, like the pony i'm trying to sell. Or at this point not sell.
Lmfao, pure gold!

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Touring - Demanding Higher Pre Owned Values