Sponsored by:

Manthey Racing components in U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 06:52 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by 311RS
While in Germany for European Delivery this past September, we paid a visit to Manthey Racing. It had been four years since we last visited and my goodness their new service center is unreal. Before heading out on track later during the trip, we had a prototype version of their GT2RS extended water tank was installed on our GT2RS along with a set of Michelin Sport Cup 2R tires.

The next few days were spent testing the Manthey Racing water tank setup on our U.S. spec GT2RS with solid results at both the Nurbugring & Spa. The fast layout of Spa really exposed the need for additional capacity, especially as track temps were high and sessions were long running with RMA Trackdays.

The four other GT2RS owners at Spa were having to refill their factory water tanks after each session while we went all day (6 sessions) on a single fill up using the Manthey Racing unit.

Since our time overseas, we've been working out a plan to bring these tanks to the U.S.A. And happy to report we've just received our first batch of Manthey Racing GT2RS extended water tanks - these 10 pre-sold units are the first to arrive stateside, with exception to the unit in our GT2RS.

It’s worth noting that Manthey Racing themselves do not sell components in the U.S. market – we are now your source for these components in America.

Manthey Racing's plug and play GT2RS water tanks nearly triple the capacity of the factory system. Anyone that has driven a GT2RS knows the importance of the charge cooling system and the car’s thirst for distilled water! The intercooler sprayers do an incredible job of keeping temperatures on target.

We're proud to offer this solution here in the U.S.A. for GT2RS owners. These water tanks, along with the entire Manthey Racing catalog, are now available through 311RS. This includes the upcoming GT2RS MR package that was recently shown in detail at the Essen Motor Show. This same package is what Manthey Racing used on their GT2RS to go faster than any other road-legal lap car around the Nordschleife with a 6:40.3.

Our next batch of Manthey Racing GT2RS water tanks are due in a few weeks time. Two of the ten units are spoken for - they sell for €990 + shipping and duties, with this first batch of ten coming out to ~$1,400USD delivered to each GT2RS owner. Please contact us or click here today if you'd like to reserve a unit from our next shipment.

We're happy to discuss the full Manthey Racing catalog, so give us a call any time. And we'll have more to share from our project GT2RS as the car develops prior to our first track time of the year on February 25th.

-Ryan
Thanks for the heads up...I just paid for one on your website. What is the ETA delivery date?
Old 08-19-2020, 11:12 PM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
Thanks for the heads up...I just paid for one on your website. What is the ETA delivery date?
​​​​​​
Out of stock for a long while... Call 311.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:18 PM
311RS
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 45 Posts

As mentioned above, out of stock with the promise of shipment soon. Our allocation is secure, getting it shipped has proven difficult especially with COVID-19.

Feel free to email or call us anytime with questions.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:02 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Supreme power posted earlier that Manthey hasn't published the downforce for the GT3 MR wing (not sure why Supremepower deleted their post, it was correct!). I e-mailed MR and they said today they hadn't tested it in a wind tunnel.

I think the GT3 MR wing (the one that looks like a big version of the stock GT3 991.2 wing) is a good design. The leading edge is about in the same place as the stock wing, but it has a longer chord (about 25% longer) and the wing is a little wider (10% wider by my calculations from pictures). It should just work as a super version of the stock wing because the placement is the same. Judged just by wing area, it should produce 37.5% more downforce, however, since the wing extends further back and has bigger endplates it should be more efficient. The shape is slightly different too. I'd guess 50-100% more downforce than the stock wing. So perhaps 27-55 kg more downforce at 200 km/hr. Just a guess. So:

stock GT3 rear downforce at 9 degrees and 200 kph: 55 kg (measured by sport auto)
MR wing GT3 rear downforce (guess): 82-110 kg

There is data on the downforce for the GT2 RS MR aero package and I think the GT3 RS MR aero package as others have posted above.

Last edited by Yargk; 08-20-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:05 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk
Supreme power posted earlier that Manthey hasn't published the downforce for the GT3 MR wing, this is correct (not sure why Supremepower deleted their post, it was correct!). I e-mailed MR and they said today they hadn't tested it in a wind tunnel.

I think the GT3 MR wing (the one that looks like a big version of the stock GT3 991.2 wing) is a good design. The leading edge is about in the same place as the stock wing, but it has a longer chord (about 25% longer) and the wing is a little wider (10% wider by my calculations from pictures). It should just work as a super version of the stock wing because the placement is the same. Judged just by wing area, it should produce 37.5% more downforce, however, since the wing extends further back and has bigger endplates it should be more efficient. The shape is slightly different too. I'd guess 50-100% more downforce than the stock wing. So perhaps 27-55 kg more downforce at 200 km/hr. Just a guess.

There is data on the downforce for the GT2 RS MR aero package and I think the GT3 RS MR aero package as others have posted above.
Went to edit and deleted it. But yes we had asked in the past and got the same response. Not tested so no actual data.

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 08-21-2020, 02:00 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Supreme power posted earlier that Manthey hasn't published the downforce for the GT3 MR wing (not sure why Supremepower deleted their post, it was correct!). I e-mailed MR and they said today they hadn't tested it in a wind tunnel.

I think the GT3 MR wing (the one that looks like a big version of the stock GT3 991.2 wing) is a good design. The leading edge is about in the same place as the stock wing, but it has a longer chord (about 25% longer) and the wing is a little wider (10% wider by my calculations from pictures). It should just work as a super version of the stock wing because the placement is the same. Judged just by wing area, it should produce 37.5% more downforce, however, since the wing extends further back and has bigger endplates it should be more efficient. The shape is slightly different too. I'd guess 50-100% more downforce than the stock wing. So perhaps 27-55 kg more downforce at 200 km/hr. Just a guess. So:

stock GT3 rear downforce at 9 degrees and 200 kph: 55 kg (measured by sport auto)
MR wing GT3 rear downforce (guess): 82-110 kg

Not sure I understand all the above, you can’t calculate downforce like this.

Of course MR wings have been tested CFD and wind tunnel, and aerodynamically balanced FR/RR, who in their right mind would buy aero components at these prices untested.

The data you asked for and I posted is actual testing data from Sport Auto.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:26 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jean

Of course MR wings have been tested CFD and wind tunnel, and aerodynamically balanced FR/RR, who in their right mind would buy aero components at these prices untested.

The data you posted is for a different car. The GT2RS MR doesn't have the same wing as the GT3 MR (non RS).

The GT3 MR wing looks literally like a larger version of the stock GT3 wing. It's not a good approximation, but for similarly shaped wings, lift scales roughly as area. However, there are differences beyond size that could increase efficiency of the wing, so I added a fudge factor. It was just to get a feel for the magnitude in the absence of real data.
For the wing see post https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1122831-manthey-racing-components-in-u-s-a-3.html#post15557839

Last edited by Yargk; 08-21-2020 at 02:44 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:53 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The data you posted is for a different car. The GT2RS MR doesn't have the same wing as the GT3 MR (non RS).

The GT3 MR wing looks literally like a larger version of the stock GT3 wing. It's not a good approximation, but for similarly shaped wings, lift scales roughly as area. However, there are differences beyond size that could increase efficiency of the wing, so I added a fudge factor. It was just to get a feel for the magnitude in the absence of real data.
For the wing see post https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post15557839
Sorry gotcha.. kept reading RS!

The following users liked this post:
Yargk (08-21-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 01:35 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Sorry gotcha.. kept reading RS!
Understood, nice collection of cars btw! Are you considering an MR package for your GT2RS?
Old 08-21-2020, 01:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,594 Likes on 2,339 Posts

I certainly would not ... and I was surprised to hear the suggestion that MR had not done so for the GT3MR aero...
Old 08-21-2020, 02:20 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Understood, nice collection of cars btw! Are you considering an MR package for your GT2RS?
Thank you. I already have magnesiums, Manthey competition KWs, a large custom rear wing tested in wind tunnel, custom uprights (higher and tilted backwards) and extended front lip, otherwise I would consider it. The MR has to abide by TUV regulations, if you are not bound by them like I am, you can do things a bit more radical and perform better than the MR, but the beauty is in how well balanced and tested their components are, working all together.

An MR will keep its value over time if it makes any difference to some, I see it like a RUF.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:49 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I certainly would not ... and I was surprised to hear the suggestion that MR had not done so for the GT3MR aero...
Yeah, the 3MR wing is beautiful, but this gives me pause. By buying that wing one would be trusting that the stock wing is well placed and that extending is width isn't an issue and that extending the length of the wing backward is okay too. Both of these are reasonable assumptions from from my qualitative understanding, but for these prices, data is king. Someday I'd like to run the CFD myself, but I'm too busy with simulations (not-CFD related) for work currently.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:49 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Thank you. I already have magnesiums, Manthey competition KWs, a large custom rear wing tested in wind tunnel, custom uprights (higher and tilted backwards) and extended front lip, otherwise I would consider it. The MR has to abide by TUV regulations, if you are not bound by them like I am, you can do things a bit more radical and perform better than the MR, but the beauty is in how well balanced and tested their components are, working all together.

An MR will keep its value over time if it makes any difference to some, I see it like a RUF.
Awesome, pictures?
Old 08-21-2020, 03:06 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Awesome, pictures?
Sure, not to hijack this thread, you can see them in this thread, in posts 32 and 34. They are fitted on my Turbo with GT2RS bodywork

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...amic-data.html
Old 08-21-2020, 03:56 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Sure, not to hijack this thread, you can see them in this thread, in posts 32 and 34. They are fitted on my Turbo with GT2RS bodywork

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...amic-data.html
Impressive setup!

Quick Reply: Manthey Racing components in U.S.A.