Sponsored by:

Nice GT2RS at my local dealer

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 12:14 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,079 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
usctrojan, your definitely one of the few not drunk on the Porsche kool-aid here lol. I agree, everything is going to sticker the gt2rs is getting hit the hardest as every dealer has one and most purists dont care for turbos. They made WAY too many of them.

That being said, not to side with the people begging to have limited cars because they are all already not limited. I think porsche will not allocate anymore gt3, gt3rs or especially gt2rs when the clock strikes 2019. NOT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO, but because I think they are nervous right now about how many they built and dont want to completely crash the GT market and leave a bad taste in people mouths. This would hurt them next go around. AKA the demand is now less than supply just look at how many are for sale! I almost want to guess they build less than 2k speedsters as I dont know if they think they can fulfill that many given todays changing climate with way too many GT cars, adm's galore, and a price that will probably be north of 300k coupled with a possible recession here is bad news for them

p.s. let me be clear, no matter what happens prices are still going to drop fast on GT cars whether they stop production or not they made SO many of them
I had my swig of the Porsche kool-aid when I paid $50k over for a .1RS but I sobered up and no refuse to pay anything over MSRP (it helps that I have relationship with a good dealer). I think Porsche will keep building GT cars through mid year because they can't just stop now, they have people that have to work building cars. Not like regular 911s or Caymans are selling all that well. Build Baby Build!
Old 12-30-2018, 12:49 AM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The .2RS is so much better than the .1 within a short perood of time. They screwed the .1 owners.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:59 AM
Miamistv
Instructor

There are only too many if the demand is not there. In the overall scheme of things the production numbers of RS cars is not that many. The MSRPs are high for consumers that expect a more flashy look at these numbers. Usually takes some maturity to appreciate the quality provided, long term reliability, and relatively low depreciation that P cars provide. The performance numbers that these cars are turning around the world should be all that is needed, but P cars really all look the same and not as good as others on a poster.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:06 AM
Miamistv
Instructor

I do not have an issue with deakers trying to max out their profits. Of course, I am not there to help. I want the best deal like anyone would. Porsche should have a similar policy to Ferrari which deos not allow an untitled car to sell at a premium. This woukd allieviate the issue and make us all feel better. As far as dying by the sword, most owners of dealerships that I know have fatter bank accounts than their customers.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:20 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Miamistv
I do not have an issue with deakers trying to max out their profits. Of course, I am not there to help. I want the best deal like anyone would. Porsche should have a similar policy to Ferrari which deos not allow an untitled car to sell at a premium. This woukd allieviate the issue and make us all feel better. As far as dying by the sword, most owners of dealerships that I know have fatter bank accounts than their customers.
That would be great if Porsche forced the dealers to allocate GT cars to customers and not allow dealers to spec them trying to speculate but I doubt that'll ever happen. Thankfully there are still dealers out there that allocate their GT cars to their good customers at MSRP but that list sadly continues to decrease. In terms of dealers sitting on GT cars trying to get max dollars, last I checked interest rates on their flooring credit lines have been increasing so it's not free to hold onto inventory while they chase the price down due to greed.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:10 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

They also still have the GT4 to roll out. My guess is demand will not be like it was in 2016. Plenty of those available at great prices on the secondary market right now and the .2 ate up a bunch of that "Manual" demand
Old 12-30-2018, 02:44 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Honestly, there's dozens of dealers that are sitting on GT2s in inventory that are looking for $75k to $150k ADMs so really nothing to see here. Let them sit on the cars for a while. Those are dealer spec'ed cars so let them learn a little lesson about greed...live by the sword, die by the sword.

Last edited by ChicagoWhale; 01-18-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:41 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
If there was ever an example of a Faustian bargain on Rennlist, your relationship with PNH is it.
At least it's a devil that I know unlike the other dealers that I tried to start a relationship with. Best part is that I fly out to Houston every time we complete a transaction so I can enjoy delicious Texas BBQ with them. I'll be there in late Feb so if you are in town come over to the dealership and enjoy so good food with us.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:23 PM
A432
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 224 Posts

This ones at South Bay on the roof right now, PTS/Weissach/Magnesium
Old 12-30-2018, 04:32 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A432

I'm sure they are asking $100k - $150k over for it. haha
Old 12-31-2018, 11:24 AM
RolloGigolo
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
If there was ever an example of a Faustian bargain on Rennlist, your relationship with PNH is it.
This is so true! and PNH is probably the worst offender regarding ADM's!!! Yet, I still agree with usctrojangt3 regarding all his opinions about GT inventory and his comments regarding dealers asking over MSRP. Definitely in bed with the devil, lol
Old 12-31-2018, 12:42 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by A432

“Dear God, please let me have this car, I promise it’ll be the last Porsche I ever ask for.”
(Well, until the next one).
Old 12-31-2018, 12:59 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,103 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by RolloGigolo
This is so true! and PNH is probably the worst offender regarding ADM's!!! Yet, I still agree with usctrojangt3 regarding all his opinions about GT inventory and his comments regarding dealers asking over MSRP. Definitely in bed with the devil, lol
I'm not commenting on USC/Martin, but PNH is an msrp dealership. I've bought many GT's from them at list. I've never paid ADM.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:04 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolloGigolo
As I like to say...stab me in the heart, don't stab me in the back. haha Btw, PNH is an MSRP dealer for all new GT cars.

Quick Reply: Nice GT2RS at my local dealer