Sponsored by:

Porsche tracking system

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 05:33 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 591 Posts
Default Porsche tracking system

This afternoon I was waiting for HVAC guy to fix furnace I got an email 1/2 before arrival with " track me link" which showed me exact live location of the service guy and his credentials
repair bill was 80 dollars
on the other hand we order 160k plus cars , and we struggle to track them from the factory to the dealer , not even basic info on location . all what we get
at port
on ship
at port
released to carrier
on truck
at dealer ..... lucky if SA is working that day and send some pics
does anyone think that this process is way outdated in particular considering the cost of these cars
I think it is poor customer service
to be fair I have ordered other German cars and the process is similar tp Porsche
Old 12-28-2018, 05:36 PM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
This afternoon I was waiting for HVAC guy to fix furnace I got an email 1/2 before arrival with " track me link" which showed me exact live location of the service guy and his credentials
on the other hand we order 160k plus cars , and we struggle to track them from the factory to the dealer , not even basic info on location . all what we get
at port
on ship
at port
released to carrier
on truck
does anyone think that this process is way outdated in particular considering the cost of these cars
to be fair I have ordered other German cars and the process is similar tp Porsche

Bingo, sucks
Old 12-28-2018, 05:51 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

You can track the boat your car is on in real time. But that's third-party info, not from Porsche. So yeah, outdated process. But if you have the name of the boat, you can track it.
My dealer didn't provide me with the boat name at first. So I just used deduction to figure out what ship it was on (only one ship large enough to carry cars departed from port on the day listed, so it had to be that ship).
Then I just used that website that tracks boats worldwide to follow the ship as it got to port. Car was at the dealer 3 days later.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:34 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 276 Posts

at port
on ship
at port
released to carrier
on truck
you should have bought it from Sewickley
I got real time tracking when the car hit the port, on the truck, and when it hit the dealer. was there when it was unload
kidding aside, ya Porsche tracking is the suck. BMW on the other hand, works wonderfully!

Old 12-29-2018, 10:01 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
You can track the boat your car is on in real time. But that's third-party info, not from Porsche. So yeah, outdated process. But if you have the name of the boat, you can track it.
My dealer didn't provide me with the boat name at first. So I just used deduction to figure out what ship it was on (only one ship large enough to carry cars departed from port on the day listed, so it had to be that ship).
Then I just used that website that tracks boats worldwide to follow the ship as it got to port. Car was at the dealer 3 days later.
well this is the point , I was able to track the boat but as you said third party info and to some not easy to find
I see on this forum multiple threads reference tracking different ships , people frustrated with the process of delivery from port to dealer etc
so I am sure there should be another process that is better
one easy suggestion
bar code that can be scanned that customer can see online similar to Fedex tracking a package . Not real time but good enough and probably easy to do
Old 12-29-2018, 10:04 AM
mohara
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at port
on ship
at port
released to carrier
on truck
Agreed, I get live tracking information on $2 junk ordered from China, so it should be a no-brainer for a car
Old 12-29-2018, 10:59 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

It suck totally: my car was missing for a month this summer. No one knew where it was.
Upset me a lot since new tax laws was introduced. So PAG's fail costed me money.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:15 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

I was a able to track the last BMW I ordered all the way through the system.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:03 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Porsche tracks their products. I’m just surprised that they haven’t created an cost option for this service.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:57 PM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 170 Posts

If your car is coming to the west coast, I noticed on our last 3 P-cars that it goes "dark" for a few days between the Panama Canal and the eventual port. It looks like the boat isn't moving but then suddenly shows up hundreds of miles North.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:46 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 189 Posts

The skeptic in me says that Porsche wants it this way--they don't want ultimate transparency, especially when cars may need to be held up at the port facility for repairs or stop-sales...
Old 12-30-2018, 12:45 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 532 Likes on 400 Posts

supply/demand you can't buy a new GT3 from another brand so they don't need to provide you with tracking that could cause them headaches....I want my car now, I know it is ...

Quick Reply: Porsche tracking system