Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed RS Wheels on my 991.2 GT3, also Porterfield R4-S Pads, Steering Wheel Trim

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2018 | 09:54 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Nice job bud!

Love your Nardo spec too
Old 12-28-2018 | 01:33 AM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

I think it looks great. Wondering if theres a big difference if you just do the fronts
Old 12-28-2018 | 10:36 AM
dieselino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAhmed
Car looks incredible!!!
thank you!!

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Nice job bud!

Love your Nardo spec too
Thank you!

Originally Posted by stephen k
I think it looks great. Wondering if theres a big difference if you just do the fronts
Honestly if you are worried about messing with different tires, fronts only would be great. They push the wheels out nicely and matches the factory wheel to body on the rear perfectly . Fronts are much more burried than the rears.
Old 12-28-2018 | 03:19 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by porsche518
So in the end no net negative, and I agree it definitely looks better. Hmm maybe a set of BBS FI-R in gt3rs spec for the next mod.
To give you an idea of how that would look, this is the BBS FI-R in GT3RS fitment 20 x 9.5 and 21 x 12.5 on a .2 GT3 we did.... 265 30 20 and 325 25 21... car is pretty low too....

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 12-28-2018 | 08:00 PM
Bruno Giacomelli
Instructor

Dieselino - car looks great. Couple questions please: were the RS wheels 991 gen 1 or 2 (does it matter?)?; did you re-use the center lock nuts from your 991.2 GT3 or did you purchase new centerlock nuts (do the RS wheels require different center lock nuts?). Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 12-28-2018 | 11:20 PM
dieselino
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruno Giacomelli
Dieselino - car looks great. Couple questions please: were the RS wheels 991 gen 1 or 2 (does it matter?)?; did you re-use the center lock nuts from your 991.2 GT3 or did you purchase new centerlock nuts (do the RS wheels require different center lock nuts?). Thanks for sharing with us.
They are gen 1 wheels . It doesn't matter for fitment but the gen 2 wheels say GT3rs on the actual wheel, it is embossed in the wheel. I didn't want that . The Gen 1 wheels are the same design as the GT3 wheels. Center locks are the same, I reused them .
Old 01-15-2019 | 11:23 PM
SocalTouring
Racer

Originally Posted by SupremePower
To give you an idea of how that would look, this is the BBS FI-R in GT3RS fitment 20 x 9.5 and 21 x 12.5 on a .2 GT3 we did.... 265 30 20 and 325 25 21... car is pretty low too....

Hey Supreme,

any rubbing with that aggressive drop RS offset in the front?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2019 | 11:27 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SocalTouring

Hey Supreme,

any rubbing with that aggressive drop RS offset in the front?

Thanks
No rubbing but ride is a bit rougher w 30 series up front and 25 series in the rear....
Old 01-15-2019 | 11:46 PM
SocalTouring
Racer

Thanks Supreme

Dieselino, the stock rear wheels are already flushed with the fender line. I would imagine your setup currently has a 5mm poke... do you have any pics taken directly behind the rear wheel to show how flush it sits?
Old 01-02-2024 | 06:49 PM
Vnorvi
2nd Gear

Default Just checking….all still working out? Thx

I’m about to do the same swap. Is it still working for you? looks great.
best

Originally Posted by dieselino
Well when I first asked the question if RS wheels fit on a GT3, I got a lot of flack for it and no real answers. I ended up calling Wheels Boutique to see what type of offsets and width they have run for customers cars to get a better answer. Long story short, they are many out there running much more aggressive setups, if anyone is wondering, they fit perfectly fine. No rubbing and they look amazing on the GT3. Front and rear wheels are 1/2 wider on the RS and Offsets are slightly different. This equates to the RS wheels being out 11mm further on the front and 1mm further inboard. On the rear they are out 5mm further, and 7mm further inboard over the standard GT3. The front wheels look so much better and sit much more flush than the factory GT3 wheels. I always felt the stock GT3 wheels looked buried in the front. If I didnt want to stagger the rear wheels, at the minimum I would highly recommend just using an RS wheel upfront. Makes the front wheels sit like the rear wheels do. Pretty much every car I have owned I have put 10mm spacers on to make the car sit better, including my R8 and BMW M2. The key is to keep rolling diameter the same. I am running 255/35/20 up front and 325/25/21 on the rear. Wheels are wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport 4s which is a much better tire for the street over the sport cup 2.

I ordered the car with standard silver wheels, those wheels will be used for the Track, so I am not worried about performance changes on the street since it will be so minor. Car doesnt feel any different with new wheels on, except tires have way more grip since its below 40 degrees in Michigan. I also changed out my factory pads for Porterfield R4-S pads. Only drove 50miles on the stock pads and I was amazed by how much they squeal and the crazy amount of brake dust! So far so good on the Porterfield Pads, initial bite feels good and no squealing at all. Will see how brake dust differs but so far I am very happy with them for a street pad. If I dont like the pads, best part is they were under $400 shipped. Plan is to get different pads for the track after I do a little more research.

Last thing is changed was the steering wheel trim in the spoke. I actually like the silver inserts from the GTS so I replaced them instead of the black. Feels a little more upscale to me while still feeling sporty. Completely subjective but I like it Relatively easy mod and was only $60. Thinking of possibly doing the carbon surround from the Weissach Package.

Quick Reply: Installed RS Wheels on my 991.2 GT3, also Porterfield R4-S Pads, Steering Wheel Trim