JCR // 991.1 GT3 RS - (Build Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 03:16 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts
Default JCR // 991.1 GT3 RS - (Build Thread)

Hey all,

So as some of you may have seen we have been busy developing a range of products for the 991 GT range and have already released a few to market. The initial take up and feedback has been fantastic so we're really excited to share our future products with you all soon.

Our previous 991.1 GT3 RS and subsequent 991.2 GT3 were used for the development of the parts so far but now we have returned back to the 991.1 GT3 RS and this will serve as the test bed for all of development moving forward..

JCR Lava Orange 991.1 GT3 RS

JCR Miami Blue 991.2 GT3

This thread will serve as a a blog of our own 991.1 GT3 RS as we conceptualise, test and develop future parts and packages. We will also share all new product development teasers prior to release and any other interesting goings on.

Theres a little catching up to do here but this first post will take us to present and then moving forward ill be sure to keep this thread updated often with cool content!

So, the car! A 991.1 GT3 RS with all of the right options, a perfect base to work from..

JCR 991.1 GT3 RS

JCR 991.1 GT3 RS

First thing was to add our Bolt-On Titanium Tips to the otherwise totally OEM exhaust system.

991.1 GT3 RS - OEM Tips

991.1 GT3 RS - Tips removed

991.1 GT3 RS - JCR Titanium Bolt-On Tips

991.1 GT3 RS - JCR Titanium Bolt-On Tips

The factory tips feature an internal step down which does kill some exhaust note & volume from the factory set up. Changing out to our titanium tips on an otherwise stock system has a subtle yet noticeable effect on the sound, as you can hear below in the short video..

https://vimeo.com/299700416

Our Titanium Bolt-On Tips can be ordered here - ORDER - JCR Titanium Bolt-On Tips

Next up, JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass install..

JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass

The reason I selected to install the silenced version of our centre bypass is that we will install next the JCR Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass parts. Together with the silenced version of our centre bypass this means that you retain valve functionality and the exhaust volume will be reduced to a very manageable level for every day driving.

First the factory titanium centre section was removed. Notice the JCR Titanium Bolt On Tips installed at this stage.

OEM Titanium Centre Silencer with JCR Titanium Bolt On Tips

A comparison of the factory titanium centre section together with our own. I can never quite understand removing a titanium piece to then install a lesser grade material. Huge weight loss and great sound.

OEM Titanium Centre Silencer / JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass / JCR Titanium Bolt On Tips

We then built up the two components being installed. You'll notice here that the tips having already been installed have already begun to heat cycle and colour shift, at this stage they have not had any real heat put through them so are firmly in the 'gold' stage.

JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass / JCR Titanium Bolt On Tips

Assembly is then installed to the car..

JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass / JCR Titanium Bolt On Tips

And tips removed just to take a look at our flange detailing, replicating the OEM silencer flange detail is important.

JCR Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass

Videos coming this weekend of the car with the new exhaust components installed.

Prep is currently under way for a track event at Silverstone GP circuit on Monday (12th) so we're applying our preferred set up and a few small tricks ready for the day. All will be shared in the next post.

JCR 991.1 GT3 RS preparing for race alignment

Thanks for reading and im looking forward to sharing more updates and developments as we explore this platform..

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

Last edited by JCR-Porsche; 11-08-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:58 PM
Vadaredevil
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Vimeo didn’t work
Old 11-08-2018, 04:48 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vadaredevil
Vimeo didn’t work
Fixed, not too sure why that happened!

JC
Old 11-14-2018, 04:17 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey all,

Just a quick update with the build.

A good shakedown test at Silverstone GP circuit to test our new Titanium Shim Packs and setup. Unfortunately only one dry session cut our test time down a little however we'll be back soon after some more adjustments to fine tune the car.

Those with eagle eyes might well spot a few details on the car of interest in the image above. More details coming soon there!

In the mean time..

The car was specced and delivered with silver belts and door straps, decided to swap them out with OEM Yellow 3-point belts and OEM GT4 Yellow door pulls, perfect fit and sets off the interior nicely!

A perfect match with a set of our very own JCR Billet Aluminium Lightweight Shift Paddles finished in Racing Yellow

Performed brilliantly on track, a really great addition and the extra paddle length is very welcomed on track!

Our direct fit shift paddles are available in a range of finishes and are available to order below!

ORDER - JCR BILLET ALUMINIUM LIGHTWEIGHT SHIFT PADDLES

Oh, and the JCR Titanium Bolt-On Tips are colouring up nicely after a few hot laps!

ORDER - JCR TITANIUM BOLT-ON TIPS

Look forward to sharing more updates soon..

JC
Old 11-14-2018, 07:17 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Good looking stuff JC. I’ve been watching a couple of your threads. I have a 991.2 GT3. I think my plan at this point will be to order your silenced center unit with titanium tips along with the valved side muffler deletes once those are available.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:44 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigskyGT3
Good looking stuff JC. I’ve been watching a couple of your threads. I have a 991.2 GT3. I think my plan at this point will be to order your silenced center unit with titanium tips along with the valved side muffler deletes once those are available.
Thanks for the compliments!

Our Titanium Side Silencer Bypass (with and without valves) will be available very soon, look forward to sharing details and images of that. A few small details really will set this apart from others.

JC
Old 11-16-2018, 09:10 AM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Thanks for the compliments!

Our Titanium Side Silencer Bypass (with and without valves) will be available very soon, look forward to sharing details and images of that. A few small details really will set this apart from others.

JC
Cannot wait!

This is the perfect system (for me) and the main reason I have not ordered Akrapovic or something similar.

I want the ability to quiet it down yet in my neighborhood, or when my wife is irritated of the noise...lol.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:52 AM
audiophilitis
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Cannot wait!

This is the perfect system (for me) and the main reason I have not ordered Akrapovic or something similar.

I want the ability to quiet it down yet in my neighborhood, or when my wife is irritated of the noise...lol.

LOL...same here...wife asked if the RS arriving next month will be quieter than the 997.2 GT3...I said probably not
Old 11-17-2018, 03:56 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by audiophilitis

LOL...same here...wife asked if the RS arriving next month will be quieter than the 997.2 GT3...I said probably not

JC
Old 11-17-2018, 09:59 PM
audiophilitis
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

JC

still on track for launch of the valved side bypass pipes in the next few days? Anxiously waiting...
Old 11-18-2018, 04:10 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by audiophilitis
still on track for launch of the valved side bypass pipes in the next few days? Anxiously waiting...
Sure are, two new product launches coming next week

JC
Old 11-19-2018, 01:50 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey all,

Another update on the build, this time bringing us up to the latest state.

As mentioned above we prepared the car for its first on track run utilising our prototype Titanium Shims and the results were very encouraging. We plan to do a sweep of settings to properly baseline and then we will start to test more of our chassis modifications which will be coming soon.

As usual, the car was delivered from the factory with a very safe set up, we changed this drastically and a back to back test vs another 991.1 GT3 RS saw a difference of 2.2 seconds in lap time, the cars are otherwise identical so it just goes to show how much time there is in a properly set up car!

First up was to remove the factor wheel arch grilles, a very small increase in front downforce plus more clearance for the new ride heights

Doesn't look too bad either..

We then went on to add our Titanium Shims plus set up the car to our preferred settings and corner weight

We then went on to apply some new OEM parts, 991.2 GT3 RS side air intakes plus OEM 991.2 GT2 RS side skirts. Both quick and easy direct swaps for the OEM parts.

First up the OEM 991.2 GT3 RS side air intake vents..

As you can see below, visually a very big difference to the OEM 991.1 GT3 RS side air intake vents

Install was straight forward, remove the standard vents

Clean the area

Install the new 991.2 GT3 RS side air intake vents

Remove the pre installed backing to the 3M VHB tape and admire the change in appearance

Then it was time for the OEM 991.2 GT2 RS side skirts. A big visual difference here to the standard 991.1 GT3 RS parts..

One step closer to a GT2 RS!

Install very simple, remove all of the clips and bolts. Pull gently and the skirts are removed, reverse to install the new parts. The difference is very noticeable!

For anyone who is interested, I can get more 991.2 GT2 RS side skirts at very reasonable costs, if you're interested please feel free to send a PM for pricing.

I have some more interesting developments coming soon, look forward to sharing then!

JC
Old 11-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Interesting, I was told the 991.2 RS side intakes don’t fit the 991.1 RS. I’d love to know if the GT2 RS endplates fit but don’t want to spend the $900 to check.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:59 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jon70
Interesting, I was told the 991.2 RS side intakes don’t fit the 991.1 RS. I’d love to know if the GT2 RS endplates fit but don’t want to spend the $900 to check.
The said the same to me too, same for the skirts.

For the end plates, we're producing a Carbon fibre version which is profiled more aggressively. Hope to release more info soon on this.

JC
Old 11-19-2018, 02:31 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

The said the same to me too, same for the skirts.

For the end plates, we're producing a Carbon fibre version which is profiled more aggressively. Hope to release more info soon on this.

JC
Look forward to seeing those!

Quick Reply: JCR // 991.1 GT3 RS - (Build Thread)