Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recent auction prices for 16 RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2020 | 03:58 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Originally Posted by dewilmoth
Just a bump to see if anyone has recent auction or trade-in prices for a 16 RS?
Trade in numbers are tough to nail down.....really the number is the delta on the new car which no one really knows.....they could give a great trade offer and a then charge MSRP....or a terrible trade number but a ton off the new car.....all the numbers are really just "made up" and worked into the overall deal.....

Regardless the market is great for people wanting a '16 RS....prices have never been cheaper....and bad for those wanting to sell/ trade....delaers are really hedging themselves on the numbers and my guess would be happy to make a few grand on the flip and not sit on it, their main goal is to get rid of a new unit....
The following users liked this post:
tjg81296 (01-21-2020)
Old 01-20-2020 | 04:18 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Trade in numbers are tough to nail down.....really the number is the delta on the new car which no one really knows.....they could give a great trade offer and a then charge MSRP....or a terrible trade number but a ton off the new car.....all the numbers are really just "made up" and worked into the overall deal.....

Regardless the market is great for people wanting a '16 RS....prices have never been cheaper....and bad for those wanting to sell/ trade....delaers are really hedging themselves on the numbers and my guess would be happy to make a few grand on the flip and not sit on it, their main goal is to get rid of a new unit....
Totally agree, and my use of "trade-in" was a little looser than I intended. As you explained, interested in the real numbers, not fake trade numbers. I understand those are really hard numbers to get aside from auction sales.
Old 01-20-2020 | 06:21 PM
tubwreck
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mchrono
I have the popcorn out waiting to see. That blue one I almost bought is still sitting at Porsche Minn now asking $159.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2270/overview/

Retail looks to have dropped over $10k since before the holidays.
I promised myself I would never participate in one of these "value" threads, but if I was going to say something, it would be that $159K for an 11K mile .1RS with sofas doesn't seem like much of a bargain.
Old 01-20-2020 | 07:19 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by shapiroeric

You'd think that dealers would want to move their inventory....so in Canada, we have 66 2018 - 2019 GT3/RS available nationally for sale. This is for a country with 1/10th the population of the US. But they're hanging tough and prices are moving down glacially....but I'm assuming there will be some dramatic drops come 2021 with the new model hitting lots.
Old 01-20-2020 | 07:26 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tubwreck
I promised myself I would never participate in one of these "value" threads, but if I was going to say something, it would be that $159K for an 11K mile .1RS with sofas doesn't seem like much of a bargain.
I think sofas are the way to go. If you have ever owned a dedicated true racecar and actually raced (not just DEs) you will understand that the RS is still a street car and comfort for more than 30-45 minutes of driving is more important than the marginal additional lateral support the buckets provide. Oh, no I promised Id never participate in another buckets vs sofas debate….look what you started!

Originally Posted by maroli
You'd think that dealers would want to move their inventory....so in Canada, we have 66 2018 - 2019 GT3/RS available nationally for sale. This is for a country with 1/10th the population of the US. But they're hanging tough and prices are moving down glacially....but I'm assuming there will be some dramatic drops come 2021 with the new model hitting lots.
Reality is this is not a 997 and with so many more made, and already obsoleted by the .2’s, prices will keep dropping for the forseeable future. If you want a .1RS, dont wait forever! There will always be a reason to put off your purchase. Id have to imagine that even the blue one will be sold by the Spring.

maroli (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020 | 07:59 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mchrono

Reality is this is not a 997 and with so many more made, and already obsoleted by the .2’s, prices will keep dropping for the forseeable future. If you want a .1RS, dont wait forever! There will always be a reason to put off your purchase. Id have to imagine that even the blue one will be sold by the Spring.
I agree - I'm unfortunately stuck to putting off until 2021 as I had to fork over quite the chunk of change for another downpayment on a property this year. Also, this is my promotion year at my job (which is notoriously up-or-out meaning you either get promoted or canned) so I'd like to get over that hump before such a large discretionary purchase. Hopefully it works in my favour and prices don't start randomly going up again!
Old 01-20-2020 | 08:14 PM
dewilmoth
Pro

Originally Posted by maroli
I agree - I'm unfortunately stuck to putting off until 2021 as I had to fork over quite the chunk of change for another downpayment on a property this year. Also, this is my promotion year at my job (which is notoriously up-or-out meaning you either get promoted or canned) so I'd like to get over that hump before such a large discretionary purchase. Hopefully it works in my favour and prices don't start randomly going up again!
No chance that prices on any 991 are going up any time soon. I think you're safe.
maroli (01-20-2020)

Quick Reply: Recent auction prices for 16 RS