Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 GT3 top end failure on track and how Porsche handled it

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018 | 10:19 AM
GT3 Dubai
Cruisin'

Exclamation 991.1 GT3 top end failure on track and how Porsche handled it

Hey guys so i have been enjoying my 2015 991.1 GT3 on the road and mostly at track is where it shines and absolutely love the car and i do not plan on selling it one day, i currently have 15,000 miles on it, the experience i will be sharing with you makes me hold on to the car more and gain more brand loyalty. I was at the Yas Marina Circuit last weekend with the Porsche Club and into my first lap i get a CEL and the car goes into limp mode, it does not happen at a certain RPM which makes me think that it is not a spark plug + coil issue, it basically happened at the top of 4th gear. I knew at the moment i was going to get a new top end or a brand new engine. The diagnostic team did a quick inspection at the track , called a flatbed and took it to the nearest Porsche dealer on the weekend, on Monday first thing in the morning i get a call for a complete brand new engine approval it should ship out in the next couple of days, i will update you guys once i get any news. This is great and Porsche shows how they stand behind their product with great customer service like i mentioned this incident has made me love the brand even more.

What changes does the new engine have over my current one?

Thanks

Ahmad-
Here is the video on my first lap on cold tires

Last edited by GT3 Dubai; 10-18-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 991.1 GT3 top end failure on track and how Porsche handled it