Sponsored by:

GT3 - First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018 | 10:01 AM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Talking GT3 - First Impressions

In one word: WOW!

Picked up the car yesterday in a rainy afternoon in Scottsdale. This is my first time into Porsche ownership and went straight to a GT3. Maybe some of you guys are numb for being accostumed with Porsches / high performance vehicles, so excuse me ;-) when I say: Believe the hype... I can't believe the insanity of this car! The noise and the response speed are unbelievable... I drove it 10 miles to home and I can't wait to get it out properly. Funny note: People were letting me pass and waving at me... just to see the car (never experienced something like this)...it is really a show stopper. At this point I can only contribute with relaying how this car is so much alive and in a level of its own... and it is worth every penny (ADM )...

I also wanted to thank Ryan, from DDW Partners. Super professional, trustworthy, no BS and he has a vast network across the country. I've never dealt outside a brand dealer network (I have very good connections to our local Audi dealer) but Ryan made the process so easy and straightforward. I've been trying to find a GT3 with the right spec (for me) and right price... I have been working for months with the local Porsche dealer but due to the scarcity of local availability they couldn't help me much. I talked to Ryan just a few weeks ago... and now this "precious" is in my garage... but it won't be a garage queen ;-)

(Key Specs: LWB, PCCB, Lift, Chrono, PDLS black, Wheels black, and more...)

Old 10-02-2018 | 10:03 AM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Beautiful car. Enjoy. Love the color.
Old 10-02-2018 | 10:27 AM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Congrats! Glad you like your new GT3. Great looking car. Enjoy and be safe!
Old 10-02-2018 | 10:46 AM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Congrats on getting a GT3 you like!

You said it's your first Porsche, first high performance vehile. I still remember getting my first Porsche back in 2002. Lots of attention from other drivers, and boy racers challenging you just to see what your car can do. Biggest problem I had was that devil on my shoulder saying "Go for it!". Join your local PCA club, get yourself to a racetrack for DE. You not only will you enjoy that car so much, much more, you will also just laugh at those boy racers on the street and wave them away.
Old 10-02-2018 | 11:13 AM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Welcome to the GT silver 991.2 GT3 club!! Mine is only my second Porsche, the first was a GT4 and I definitely agree with the hype. Not many products nowadays live up to the hype but the GT3 certainly does. The car does feel ALIVE. The engine and the chassis responses are just incredible.

Be safe and enjoy in good health!!
Old 10-02-2018 | 11:31 AM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Congrats! Great looking color combo
Old 10-02-2018 | 12:21 PM
Aku700
Instructor

hey, that looks just like my car, oh wait, ya, it is, GT silver and PCCB, LOL. And I see you have the Dunlops as well, which I have to say, so far, these tires are pretty amazing, drove 1K miles on them since I took ownership a month ago.

Congrats and enjoy the car, see you out there.
Old 10-02-2018 | 12:33 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Congrats! Great choice with the GT3.
Too bad it was one of the very few rainy days in Scottsdale. Hopefully this weekend will be dry so you can properly wring it out!
Old 10-02-2018 | 12:37 PM
GT3PDL
Instructor

Looks like Rhodium silver to me? Correct? Is it a PDK or manual? Car looks amazing!
Old 10-02-2018 | 12:45 PM
ugotgrossed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Formerly Known As: 2008whitegt3

like black handle and mirrors
Old 10-02-2018 | 01:42 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTorTT
Beautiful car. Enjoy. Love the color.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by DainLankfordLA
Enjoy her!
I am ;-), Thank you!

Originally Posted by Lodi
Congrats! Glad you like your new GT3. Great looking car. Enjoy and be safe!
Safe is the right word... mother-in-law made me promise her daughter will not become a widow.... now I must live forever...and drive carefully!

Originally Posted by Palting
Congrats on getting a GT3 you like!

You said it's your first Porsche, first high performance vehile. I still remember getting my first Porsche back in 2002. Lots of attention from other drivers, and boy racers challenging you just to see what your car can do. Biggest problem I had was that devil on my shoulder saying "Go for it!". Join your local PCA club, get yourself to a racetrack for DE. You not only will you enjoy that car so much, much more, you will also just laugh at those boy racers on the street and wave them away.
Thank you very much for the advice... definitely going to check PCA and DE... you are right, this car is a beast and I need to learn how to properly handle it.

Originally Posted by Quikag
Welcome to the GT silver 991.2 GT3 club!! Mine is only my second Porsche, the first was a GT4 and I definitely agree with the hype. Not many products nowadays live up to the hype but the GT3 certainly does. The car does feel ALIVE. The engine and the chassis responses are just incredible.

Be safe and enjoy in good health!!

Thank you... it does looks like GT Silver... but this is Rhodium... It's hard to distinguish at least when it is standing by itself and not under ideal lighting conditions... :-)

Originally Posted by OCturbo
Congrats! Great looking color combo

Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by Aku700
hey, that looks just like my car, oh wait, ya, it is, GT silver and PCCB, LOL. And I see you have the Dunlops as well, which I have to say, so far, these tires are pretty amazing, drove 1K miles on them since I took ownership a month ago.

Congrats and enjoy the car, see you out there.
Hey, double check your garage... gone in 60 seconds. HA! I was going to change the Dunlops for the Michelins, but you are the second person to point out how good they are... I guess they are staying! Thank you!

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Congrats! Great choice with the GT3.
Too bad it was one of the very few rainy days in Scottsdale. Hopefully this weekend will be dry so you can properly wring it out!
Thank you! Fun fact (I guess): It rained on delivery day for my last three cars... What are the odds!?! I guess if it's raining in the valley it means I am picking up a new car ;-)

Originally Posted by GT3PDL
Looks like Rhodium silver to me? Correct? Is it a PDK or manual? Car looks amazing!
Good eyes... yes, Rhodium! It suits this car so well, not sure why not so popular. I had to go for PDK (so my wife can drive too... hey, she is the boss).

Originally Posted by 2008whitegt3
like black handle and mirrors
The small details...:-) ... belts are in Silver Gray and so is the Alcantara interior...

Last edited by Fdvigna; 10-02-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2018 | 03:50 PM
BCMgunner
Instructor

Love rhodium. Congrats
Old 10-02-2018 | 04:01 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Congratulations!
Old 10-02-2018 | 04:34 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Congrats on a nice car!
Old 10-02-2018 | 04:49 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

I've had my GT3 for a couple of weeks now. I have the same thoughts. Attracts plenty of attention, especially in Sapphire Blue, and lives up to the hype. Especially the engine!

Quick Reply: GT3 - First Impressions