Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy GT2 RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 03:16 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I am not sure about high demand, but I have a friend who saw mine and liked it.

The Turbo S Exclusive has a lot of unique (Exclusive) carbon fiber bits plus the launch color is unique. Performance wise unless you drive it hard, I cannot see the extra 27BHP that is added as an "Exclusive Kit", thus the 607BHP. The selling point of this is its uniqueness (exclusivity), and a comfortable daily driver as it is AWD, sofa seats, have tiny rear seats like the regular Carrera, and more significantly the uniqueness (exclusivity) of car.

If you are looking for performance, you are better of with any of the 911 GT* cars.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
No problem. I had no idea these were in such high demand. Isn't it just a Turbo S with a bunch of fancy extra bits? I had a 991 TTS for a couple of months and tired of it rather quickly, so I don't follow the non-GT# markets much any longer.
Yes lots of BS on low ADM which DO NOT REALLY EXIST, for now. Maybe down the road, but calling flippers, brokers, and dealers, they are all >$100K ADM if you want one TODAY.

As the saying goes, "Enjoy Life TODAY. YESTERDAY is GONE, and TOMORROW may never come
."

Originally Posted by signes
There is a difference in this thread. I don't see anybody defending ADM, rather calling BS on what some are claiming market is NOW. $50k it is not, not even close. Too many taking out of their a$$, what else is new...
Old 09-10-2018, 03:25 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

I have not been shopping 2RSprices. Very simply I know they are going for over MSRP. My days are paying over MSRP are done. I don’t care what it is.

I would not have bought a new 3 RS if I did not get it for MSRP. Paying cash and don’t need to finance.

I would buy a 2RS at MSRP but I do not have enough interest to pay over MSRP. I am perfectly happy with the 3RS which is an epic track weapon and in fact a better track weapon then 2RS in my opinion lacking only 700 hp which it nearly makes up for with a weight advantage and handling advantage. Both cars have their pluses. With the 3RS having its 9000 RPM screaming engine with motorsport heritage. When a car is 180 hp down and still within 9 seconds at the 14+ mile Ring and within 1 to 2 seconds at other tracks compared to the more powerful car .....that is a pretty damn Effective track weapon, Very impressive in my book.

very simply I’ve seen this happen over and over again and I refuse to get caught up in it with the new car hysteria. Neither the 3 RS or the 2RS is a Exclusive production car. For those that think they’re going to be more than 2000 3RS produced than there will be the same amount of 2RS produced because the production cycles Are the same. Roughly one year.

I can only go by what I was told by various people who have been shopping these cars. Have been told that the ADMs are going down on the 2RS And up on the 3RS by a guy who has been shopping for them. I know for a fact I was offered a 2RS at 96,000 over list. Candidly I’m not going to take that gamble. $96,000 is a lot of money to me as I don’t have money on a toilet roll dispenser to spend on cars.

All these ADMs will eventually come down. They always do except when you’re talking very limited production cars which both of these are not.

Old 09-10-2018, 03:41 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I think they'll build 4,000 to 5,000 .2GT3RSs WW so people should buy them to drive them, stop with the last NA speculation BS. Just shut up and drive the damn car. And for all my fans who think I'm a flipper, I'll be sure to post pictures of my RS at the track.
Unless PAG releases the 991.2 3RS 4.0 and then perhaps we'll see you turn in your barely used .2 3RS to PNH to list at a premium for a "good price"

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
This is getting comical. Those that advertise $50K ADM on a GT2RS, I see NONE claiming they have bought one for $50K ADM. Fake news.

Well this is the internet, so we really do not have to believe everything we see here. I will believe it when I see someone posting here S/He paid $50K ADM and see his/her new acquisition. Then I will believe it.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
IMO most people on RL have ulterior motives one way or another to want prices to maintain (maybe owners) or want prices to drop (maybe people who want to buy the car or "think" they can buy the car at a lower price, I fall into this category) so we all need to take into consideration people's perspective... trying to be as objective as I can my plebeian butt has heard of ADMs at $100k, no less than that. I have 0 chance with this car at ADM so I just hope to grab a used GT silver example 2RS with WP in a year or two time @ MSRP, if not no worries
Old 09-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

If someone is ok with eating 100k+ in a few months on a 150-200 ADM 2rs, and smile doing it, then they should absolutely buy now, especially to spec it to their liking. And I mean that with zero sarcasm. That would be money well spent for plenty of people out there. At that price level, I threw in a few extra bucks for a cgt. I'm sure there are plenty of people that think it's crazy to own a car with such running costs. Every time I start it, the thought of my next $30k+ major service is drowned out by the v10 behind my head. I'm sure the same goes for some dude's 150k 2rs adm melting over the next few mos. everybody chooses differently how they choose to light money on fire.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:59 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,637 Likes on 2,319 Posts

^ I have a friend who did just that with GT2RS. he is smiling... I need a money printing machine like his, even one at a1/3 his printing speed.
he has two CGT already hahaha

oh, CGT engine out is more like $40k now.
but hey, you are right, the scream of the V10....
Old 09-10-2018, 05:12 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,995 Likes on 2,276 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Unless PAG releases the 991.2 3RS 4.0 and then perhaps we'll see you turn in your barely used .2 3RS to PNH to list at a premium for a "good price"
Not gonna happen. I have all of my track related bits (slotted rotors, endless pads, suspension bits, rollbar with harness, etc) waiting to be installed on my coming RS and then hitting the track.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:13 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The two gt2rs i was offered two months ago and last month again were at $150k adm. ill call both dealers tomorrow and post my findings on adm. they are going to get excited though thinking im buying. I personally am not interested even at 0 adm unless I bought it as a immediate flipper car which i dont do. I always buy and drive and trade in eventually usually. Besides my keepers. Which ends up being 1/2 approximately of what i buy.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:33 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Problem is the dealers heard some dealers sold gt2rs for over 500k.
And now they think the market is there but it's not.
As others say the gt2 are at 100 over.
but the dealers are very greedy and rather order and leave them on the
showroom instead of unloading at 50k.
And of course they let them sit and pay intrest on the floor plan.
I guess they are hedging on the car will stop being built soon and adm will stay high.
I don't get there thinking...as one dealer told me we make good money even at msrp for the gt2.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:15 AM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
Problem is the dealers heard some dealers sold gt2rs for over 500k.
And now they think the market is there but it's not.
As others say the gt2 are at 100 over.
but the dealers are very greedy and rather order and leave them on the
showroom instead of unloading at 50k.
And of course they let them sit and pay intrest on the floor plan.
I guess they are hedging on the car will stop being built soon and adm will stay high.
I don't get there thinking...as one dealer told me we make good money even at msrp for the gt2.
its my understanding they make 10-12 % depending on their status, and it goes on their sales count for a volume bonus , depending on their volume they could get extra allocations, surprise cars, etc
Old 09-11-2018, 09:22 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Are you sure the Exclusive Turbo S is selling for only 50K over? I have 2 friends who will buy that car in an instant at 50k ADM if that was true.

Turbo S exclusive is trading at around 100-125K the last time I checked.
Turbo S Exclusive is a pretty cool car. A lot of neat bits on the car especially the interior. My dealership said they had a contact looking for Turbo S Exclusive and was willing to pay 100k over MSRP. Sounded like a broker that was searching for a car for someone, so there is probably is more room in that number above 100K.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:15 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,591 Likes on 5,083 Posts

I would prefer a Turbo S Exclusive or a GT2 RS
Old 09-12-2018, 07:24 PM
2016 gt3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by unotaz
Are you sure the Exclusive Turbo S is selling for only 50K over? I have 2 friends who will buy that car in an instant at 50k ADM if that was true.

Turbo S exclusive is trading at around 100-125K the last time I checked.
Just to make sure, I just called Newport Auto again spoke with a salesman who confirmed 50k over on the Exclusive Turbo S. So if you have someone looking have them call, it's the Gold color not my cup of tea but that is a good price for the current market.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:08 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

Cool.

I will let my friends know and they can reach out.

Originally Posted by 2016 gt3
Just to make sure, I just called Newport Auto again spoke with a salesman who confirmed 50k over on the Exclusive Turbo S. So if you have someone looking have them call, it's the Gold color not my cup of tea but that is a good price for the current market.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:14 AM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Both dealers i spoke to again.

#1 firm $150k adm
#2 $200k but might be willing to go to $150k by the tone i got
Old 09-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 702 Likes on 331 Posts

What is the probability that Porsche will release another batch of 2RS allocations? My instincts say it will happen.

Quick Reply: Buy GT2 RS