Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Touring Road Noise - Really?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 08:08 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts
Default GT3 Touring Road Noise - Really?

Have a PTS Touring landing in 30 days and was very surprised with this reviewer's comments.

Look at this review around the 3:20 minute mark

Would value comments from any current GT3 Touring owners. Would Porsche really engineer their Touring model to be louder than their track beast? Some people will say "who cares", but I do.

Thoughts? Thank you.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:33 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 202 Posts

its chris his GT3T.
he posted once two pics from GT3 and the T lid...

maybe this will help also: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...he-intake.html
Old 09-05-2018, 12:34 PM
OKGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 15 Posts

I traded my .2 manual for a touring package about 3 weeks ago. I put 2,700 miles on the first, and have put around 500 on the touring.

From my experience... the road noise is a little louder in the touring, but definitely not as extreme as that guy in the video says.

What they don't mention in the video is that the engine noise is lower in the touring (IMHO). To me, the slightly quieter engine note (inside the cabin) in the touring makes the road noise more noticable.

My guess is the different intake system must be the cause. Regardless, both incredible but have different character.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:40 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by OKGT3
I traded my .2 manual for a touring package about 3 weeks ago. I put 2,700 miles on the first, and have put around 500 on the touring.

From my experience... the road noise is a little louder in the touring, but definitely not as extreme as that guy in the video says.

What they don't mention in the video is that the engine noise is lower in the touring (IMHO). To me, the slightly quieter engine note (inside the cabin) in the touring makes the road noise more noticable.

My guess is the different intake system must be the cause. Regardless, both incredible but have different character.
the touring vs the R in the video has way more noisy sticky tires

Quick Reply: GT3 Touring Road Noise - Really?