Sponsored by:

Question about PDK in sport vs normal mode 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2023, 12:04 PM
rickster997
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by arowden86
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone else have an issue where it will not allow you to select PDK sport and says unavailable? I read somewhere it might be from overheating, but I wasn't even driving hard when this happened a few times in my 991.2.
My 991.2 RS is in the shop for this exact reason. For me it always happens when I also get a Catalytic failure "stored" but sometimes shown as Engine Fault. The diagnosis for me is a new catalytic converter is on the way. They moved all the sensors around and the problem stayed on the suspect bank. The explanation given to me is that for emissions reasons if the catalytic converter is not performing optimally the car will refuse to go into sport mode.

By the way when I would manually clear the code, Sport would come back for a period of time and then become unavailable so it points to exhaust issues.
Old 02-24-2023, 03:37 PM
arowden86
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rickster997
My 991.2 RS is in the shop for this exact reason. For me it always happens when I also get a Catalytic failure "stored" but sometimes shown as Engine Fault. The diagnosis for me is a new catalytic converter is on the way. They moved all the sensors around and the problem stayed on the suspect bank. The explanation given to me is that for emissions reasons if the catalytic converter is not performing optimally the car will refuse to go into sport mode.

By the way when I would manually clear the code, Sport would come back for a period of time and then become unavailable so it points to exhaust issues.
That makes sense. It just started when I had race headers put on!
Old 02-25-2023, 02:32 PM
smanders
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for confirming the PDK Sport mode behavior. In my first week of driving my 991.2 PDK, I have not noticed any difference either when manually shifting.

Quick Reply: Question about PDK in sport vs normal mode 991 GT3