Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 11:34 AM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by niqui7ladoo
does that mean installing the standard length on a 991.2 risks damaging the bumper due to the heat at the tip? i thought it was purely aesthetic but would like to know if there is a risk to my bumper if i install the original length on a 991.2.

does t
Hello. Yes you can install the short top on a .2. It’s customer preference, some people prefer the shorter tips. The .2 we did do a longer length to push out from the bumper slightly, but a short tip will do no damage to the bumper at all. Hope this helps!
Old 07-29-2020, 07:00 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

I had one of these on my .2. Great sound and still looked to be in excellent condition when I replaced it with a set of Dundon street headers. No signs of deterioration on the exhaust. Took it off the shelf to take a few picks for an interested party a couple of days ago.

For simple mod to make the car sound a lot better it's hard to beat.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:14 PM
rhk118
Pro

Received 270 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
I had one of these on my .2. Great sound and still looked to be in excellent condition when I replaced it with a set of Dundon street headers. No signs of deterioration on the exhaust. Took it off the shelf to take a few picks for an interested party a couple of days ago. For simple mod to make the car sound a lot better it's hard to beat.
+1 I picked up Alan's GRP rear center delete last week and am LOVING it and it is in great shape with no signs of corrosion, welds are clean and seams are smooth throughout (have a used Shark werks as well and can't say the same with a lot of welding splatter even inside the pipes - likely not a performance issue but still can't compare the 2). Was easy to install despite my wife's questioning when she saw the bumper cover / bumper and heat shield laying in the driveway and the 30 screws that went with all of that....thankfully she knew not to inquire further and went on her way realizing it was WAY too late to intervene, and the fun continued...

Sound is amazing, and is completely tame with valves closed / non sport (she didn't notice anything on a 30 mile ride today with valves closed), but with valves open it just rips. It does make the tone of the car very slightly lower than stock, much louder than stock. Sounds great idling now with valves open and had a friend do some drive-bys and cannot believe how loud the car is (easily hear it a 1/4 to 1/2 mile away on acceleration and downshifts)...can't imagine this thing with side and rear deletes...regardless this is perfect for me, extremely pleased. Figured if this was too loud then I would put the Shark Works on, but the GRP is staying put. Also want to give a shout out to the guys and gals at GRP who sent me 4 new install clamps and their customer service is clearly responsive, and top notch! (coming from someone who bought a used exhaust not from them). Mine is for the 991.2 so the tips do stick out but I like that look and perhaps less soot on the bumper from the rear vortex (well who am I kidding with that) and the diameter / slant / size is perfect, looks and sounds purposeful....in addition it leaves just enough space around the tips and the rear cutout to still look proportional to the car...realize I'm a couple of years late to the party but happy to be here! Would recommend this exhaust to anyone without hesitation considering replacing the rear muffler.

Last edited by rhk118; 09-10-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Quick Reply: GRP Center Bypass Exhaust