N0 vs N1 Cup 2 for 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 04:42 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,127 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
Have you weighed the Dunlop vs Michelin? I'd be curious to know if they are as light as the Michelins.

Best Regards,
Dave
They show the weights on Tirerack site. Rears are both 31 lbs, but Dunlop fronts are 2 pounds lighter (22 vs 24 lbs).
Old 08-09-2018, 05:56 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,503 Likes on 2,561 Posts

I have a chance to get a barely used set of Dunlops for about half price. Really interested in whether the hold up on track when pushed hard.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:13 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

4th day on Maxx 2 and continue to set personal best time (on 12th heat cycle). I abused the pass front tire quite badly today and its showing a lot of wear, but I blame poor technique and pushing the tire into understeer. I think I can still swap the front tires side to side and get another day out of them. Rears look good. I'm wearing the fronts at a faster rate.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:46 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 633 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
4th day on Maxx 2 and continue to set personal best time (on 12th heat cycle). I abused the pass front tire quite badly today and its showing a lot of wear, but I blame poor technique and pushing the tire into understeer. I think I can still swap the front tires side to side and get another day out of them. Rears look good. I'm wearing the fronts at a faster rate.
I may just have to give those a try next set...
Old 08-11-2018, 04:11 AM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 125 Likes on 54 Posts

This is what happens when you drift N1's.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:00 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

I have the Dunlop's on my 18 GT3 and while I haven't tracked them I do like them on the street. When driving 'spirited' I feel they performed like a slalom skier. They moved/slid slightly side to side but never break away on you like I've experienced with Cup 2. Would purchase them again.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:15 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 911therapy
Actually it is. The federal act, and the state parallel acts (for states that have adopted it or something similar), specifically address warranty claims on consumer products. The MM Act covers many topics, but one of those is a prohibition on deceptive warranty exclusions and or denials. Denying a warranty claim due to an unrelated modification would be a violation under the federal act and parallel state laws.
No not really...this act was written because manufacturers where saying warranty would denied if you didn’t use ...for example there oem oil filter they would void your car warranty. They can’t tell you what brand to use for auto maintenance. It has nothing to do with installing aftermarket performance parts and warranty can’t be voided.

i know this as fact as I lived it with PCNA when the Porsche dealer installed Tubi mufflers on a 997.1 S and one of my cats developed a crack in a weld and was leaking exhaust. Porsche denied warranty saying the mufflers and removal of the Center muffler cause different exhaust temps and vibrations and cracked the cats weld. I mention the Magnuson Moss act and PCNA attorney wrote a letter to me and the dealer about this and the PCNA zone manager explained that is not what the act is about to me in person.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:55 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums

No not really...this act was written because manufacturers where saying warranty would denied if you didn’t use ...for example there oem oil filter they would void your car warranty. They can’t tell you what brand to use for auto maintenance. It has nothing to do with installing aftermarket performance parts and warranty can’t be voided.

i know this as fact as I lived it with PCNA when the Porsche dealer installed Tubi mufflers on a 997.1 S and one of my cats developed a crack in a weld and was leaking exhaust. Porsche denied warranty saying the mufflers and removal of the Center muffler cause different exhaust temps and vibrations and cracked the cats weld. I mention the Magnuson Moss act and PCNA attorney wrote a letter to me and the dealer about this and the PCNA zone manager explained that is not what the act is about to me in person.
I am sorry that you accepted their word for it, and caved. I have litigated the issue. The MM act and Arkansas state law both prevent a dealer (and therefore a manufacturer) from denying a warranty claim unless the aftermarket part directly and proximately caused the failure. Now, state laws vary granted. But, the MM Act is federal law.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:41 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Back on topic. Tire wear of Maxx 2's after 4 days (14 heat cycles) at Laguna Seca. Tire performance is still there, but looking at the tire wear, it would have been best to rotate the tires left to right after the first 8 heat cycles. Passenger side gets the most wear around this counter-clockwise track. Might be a moot point if they are no good on the 5th day. Plan is to rotate the tires and find out. Car is a stock '16 RS aside from BBS wheels, stock alignment, stock sway bar settings (understeers a bit). Pace is as fast as 1:36.3.

RF

LF

RR

LR

Quick Reply: N0 vs N1 Cup 2 for 991 GT3