991.2 GT3 engine cover removal and exhaust solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 01:30 AM
DutchGT3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991.2 GT3 engine cover removal and exhaust solenoid

Hi,

I'm getting ready for a Laguna Seca track day and ordered the GPS based Track Nanny to avoid the dreaded over 90db black flag. I ran into a couple of issues during installation as I'm really new at this stuff. There is a thread here that covers the install of the track nanny on a 991.1 3RS, but the .2 is slightly different. On the right side of the engine cover there is an easy to remove lid with the mobil oil message on there (see first picture below). Once the lid is removed and all the bolts of the engine cover have been removed that area of the engine cover has a cable and connector attached (see 2nd picture).

Two questions:
1. Does anyone know how to unplug both ends of this connector such that I can truly remove the engine cover? In the picture you mostly see only wires on one end, but the other end is more or less the same. Just didn't dare to pull too hard on either end or use other methods of disconnecting in fear of breaking something.
2. Can anyone tell me the exact location of the exhaust solenoid and what it looks like? Even though I've yet to fully remove the engine cover I did manage to peek underneath and things look different from the .1 instructions and I don't really recognize the location of the solenoid and what connector to plug the track nanny harness into.

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 engine cover removal and exhaust solenoid