Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the GT3 now a Product Line?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 03:26 PM
Keawn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just hope the GT3 does not become what the Turbo is today. Turbo was the halo car, very few of them were produced. Today they are everywhere, especially Turbo S and I hope the GT3 does not become this mass produced model which everyone has as their daily drivers.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:51 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Keawn
I just hope the GT3 does not become what the Turbo is today. Turbo was the halo car, very few of them were produced. Today they are everywhere, especially Turbo S and I hope the GT3 does not become this mass produced model which everyone has as their daily drivers.
+1, well said
Old 08-01-2018, 04:46 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 732 Likes on 535 Posts

+1
Old 08-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Why? Who cares how many there are? As long as they remain true to the product and they don't become the bloated luxo barges the Turbo has become, who cares how many they make and sell. The problem with the Turbo S isn't how many they sell.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Craigy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This wasn't a production problem, it was a demand problem.

They cost a lot of money in 1990s dollars.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:21 PM
aruisdante
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comments about "is it a product line" always confuse me. The GT3 is literally built on the same production line as every other 911. There's no bespoke magic here. Does it get parts designed specifically for it? Absolutely. So does the Turbo S, with its bespoke turbochargers. But it's still mass produced using the exact same production techniques as every other 911. It is, and always was, a product line inside the 911 family, intended to cater to a specific segment of the market that wants their 911 to serve a specific purpose and convey a specific feeling when driving. As long as the ethos of that market niche is being satisfied, the GT3 will continue to do what it always has done, which is cater to the 911 buyer who wants their car to be a highly track capable vehicle that when there is a choice to be made between road manners and performance, chooses performance.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:37 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

These cars ceased to be "purist specials" with the Gen 1 991 cars, but that doesn't mean they're not great.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:48 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by aruisdante
Comments about "is it a product line" always confuse me. The GT3 is literally built on the same production line as every other 911. There's no bespoke magic here. Does it get parts designed specifically for it? Absolutely. So does the Turbo S, with its bespoke turbochargers. But it's still mass produced using the exact same production techniques as every other 911. It is, and always was, a product line inside the 911 family, intended to cater to a specific segment of the market that wants their 911 to serve a specific purpose and convey a specific feeling when driving. As long as the ethos of that market niche is being satisfied, the GT3 will continue to do what it always has done, which is cater to the 911 buyer who wants their car to be a highly track capable vehicle that when there is a choice to be made between road manners and performance, chooses performance.
Your statements are factual and contradict the emotional need to believe that GT cars are built especially and exclusively for only a few deserving true enthusiasts. No soup for you.

Quick Reply: Is the GT3 now a Product Line?