Sponsored by:

GT3 991.2 2018 Roll Cage

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 06:04 AM
NotThatFast
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GT3 991.2 2018 Roll Cage

This is my first post so "hello" to all and thank you for your contributions on this website, it has been the source of many late nights ! Now it is time to participate.

I live in the Middle East and am the proud owner of a unique (hum) rhodium silver 991.2 GT3. The car is fully wrapped in xpel stealth which is cool with the platinum wheels.

Sadly, I did not tick Club Sport package although I do have the LWBS. Now I am looking to install a cage because I do track the car and prefer to have a harness to accommodate a HANS like device (she is not a garage queen, already 5,500km in less than 2 active months of use).

I have researched the forum/internet etc and some questions remain:

1) Has anyone purchased and installed the Agency-Power roll cage that seems to replicate the OEM the closest? How is the quality of the bar itself? Is the installation easy?
2) Does anyone have pictures of what the mounting points look like under the carpets? I have a ROW chassis, but believe the reinforcement plates are missing ? Can someone confirm that ? Must plates be welded before the cage installed? A youtube video showing a GMG LMS install seems to bolt in direct. Maybe they didn't video installing the plates.
3) The two lower straps of the harness must be attached to the floor. A friend showed me that OEM Club Sport has 2 holes and bolts and each strap attaches to the floor separately. What have you done ? My installer here suggests a single hole with both straps attached to the same point. Luckily I have checked and both seat bottoms of my buckets have holes to pass the straps through.

Thanks in advance
NotThatFast (yet!)
Old 07-31-2018, 08:14 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Here are some more of those details you are asking about. Please feel free to shoot me an email directly as i have more detailed information in the form of PDF's and such to share

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Quick Reply: GT3 991.2 2018 Roll Cage