Sponsored by:

Value of PTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 02:32 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishAndy
The biggest issues with CXX and PTS at the moment are coordination and expectations management across the different parties:.
While I agree with some of your points, the vast majority of misunderstanding among all parties could be resolved with communication. For example, a communication such as "We are overwhelmed with PTS demand and requests and even if we tripled the price to the consumer, we don't have the capacity, nor do we want to, continue offering this option." Then we can bitch and moan and say PAG didn't give us our well deserved lolly, but at least we know why we are bitching and moaning.

Originally Posted by evilfij
The fact that they remove perfectly good parts from built cars for stupid stuff like dial colors and seat belts and dash trim when those could be added on the line is evidence of the craziness of Porsche build process.
This almost sounds like a circular logic way of charging the draconian and seemingly punitive multiple of the CXX option.

Old 07-30-2018, 02:58 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

They should just further increase PTS price.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:06 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

My car has been stuck at custom tailoring since 07/05. Was supposed to complete on 07/13. Now I don’t know if I’ll make the cut before factory shutdown on 08/06
Old 07-30-2018, 03:08 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The fact that they remove perfectly good parts from built cars for stupid stuff like dial colors and seat belts and dash trim when those could be added on the line is evidence of the craziness of Porsche build process.
Yep - it's a strange and wasteful process, and if the line standardization is intended to drive higher quality I'd argue it doesn't. The quote I received for a mildly customized steering wheel was shocking for that very reason.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:22 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mass27
While I agree with some of your points, the vast majority of misunderstanding among all parties could be resolved with communication. For example, a communication such as "We are overwhelmed with PTS demand and requests and even if we tripled the price to the consumer, we don't have the capacity, nor do we want to, continue offering this option." Then we can bitch and moan and say PAG didn't give us our well deserved lolly, but at least we know why we are bitching and moaning.
Yep, I see that as part of the coordination. PCNA will admit it if asked, but seemingly don't proactively message it to dealers or customers.

The root cause of that is also part of the expectations management piece... PAG and PCNA agreed that they could meet US PTS demand. However the demand from the customer (PCNA) was assessed, there was ultimately a mismatched expectation between PAG and PCNA on demand vs. capacity. Raising prices also didn't solve the demand part of that equation as expected.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:23 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT3
My car has been stuck at custom tailoring since 07/05. Was supposed to complete on 07/13. Now I don’t know if I’ll make the cut before factory shutdown on 08/06
Mine was stuck for two months. Not that it would have solved anything, but I'd simply have liked to know approximately how long I'd have to wait, and why...
Old 07-30-2018, 03:48 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishAndy
Mine was stuck for two months. Not that it would have solved anything, but I'd simply have liked to know approximately how long I'd have to wait, and why...
Thats what I requested to know today. But I’m now mentally preparing for the car to arrive October/November, instead of August.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:05 PM
Lava GT3
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

We have two PTS cars but neither is a GT car....did it because we wanted something different and neither car will be worth any more because of them being PTS. My wife's car might even be worth less! My wife has a Ruby Star Boxster and I have a Sport Classic Grey Macan....my GT3 is Lava Orange. I'd have loved a PTS GT3 but not available in the UK.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:54 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Lava GT3
We have two PTS cars but neither is a GT car....did it because we wanted something different and neither car will be worth any more because of them being PTS. My wife's car might even be worth less! My wife has a Ruby Star Boxster and I have a Sport Classic Grey Macan....my GT3 is Lava Orange. I'd have loved a PTS GT3 but not available in the UK.
A rubystar boxster sounds great! You should post pictures of the family (of cars).
Old 07-31-2018, 10:41 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 998 Likes on 433 Posts

My GT2RS was stuck at custom tailoring for close to a month. The reason? Wait for it..........it was waiting for the alcantara covered seat belt cover

Originally Posted by GT3

Thats what I requested to know today. But I’m now mentally preparing for the car to arrive October/November, instead of August.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:55 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 784 Likes on 569 Posts

Problems of the rich it appears....earth shattering LOL...glad I love white...
Old 07-31-2018, 01:17 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 601 Posts

The process is lousy at best
it took Porsche 2 months to deny my request for PTS ,
you would think that they have a better idea of their capabilities, and able to accept or deny requests within couple of days
Old 07-31-2018, 01:33 PM
Adam G.
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
you would think that they have a better idea of their capabilities, and able to accept or deny requests within couple of days
I'm sure the delay is due to overly complex logistics. Probably too difficult to streamline due to not being mission critical. With so much demand with their products, no need to make "lesser" improvements.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:41 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Was lucky enough to order my gt4 in PTS. Tried to get PTS for my gt3rs order and was denied...bummer but not a huge deal as I am lucky enough to get the car at msrp.

I drive my PTS car as intended.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:53 PM
Lava GT3
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

A rubystar boxster sounds great! You should post pictures of the family (of cars).
Here you go. Rubystar is a great looking colour...varies so much depending on the light. Gets a lot of positive comments, my wife loves it most importantly! Sport Classic Grey changes a lot too depending on the light.

Name:  ZYu8mnf.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  462.2 KB
Name:  F4o2PJv.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  411.7 KB
Name:  JjJRaI9.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  319.3 KB
Name:  25LNy5th.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  185.1 KB