Sponsored by:

NEEDED: Mechanic with 991 GT3 Knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 01:59 PM
AtlasK
2nd Gear

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Default NEEDED: Mechanic with 991 GT3 Knowledge

Hey all, I am looking for a mechanic in the Portland, OR area that has knowledge of the electrical systems on a 991 GT3. Matrix Integrated was unable to solve the problem and Sunset won't take the car in due to a branded title. Long story short a buddy of mine had the heads done on his car and the mechanic who did the re-assembly did something wrong and there are fueling issues on one cylinder bank. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Cheers,

Brock-
Old 07-24-2018, 04:30 PM
SupraSaiyan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't know how far Dundon Motorsports is from Oregon but I know they're in the PNW. Give them a call!
Old 07-25-2018, 11:44 AM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SupraSaiyan
I don't know how far Dundon Motorsports is from Oregon but I know they're in the PNW. Give them a call!

Its roughly 150 miles from Portland to Gig harbor. You could rent a trailer and trailer it up there. They would be able to help for sure.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:03 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlasK
Hey all, I am looking for a mechanic in the Portland, OR area that has knowledge of the electrical systems on a 991 GT3. Matrix Integrated was unable to solve the problem and Sunset won't take the car in due to a branded title. Long story short a buddy of mine had the heads done on his car and the mechanic who did the re-assembly did something wrong and there are fueling issues on one cylinder bank. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Cheers,

Brock-
Could it be that Sunset didn't want to work on it because somehow they got the impression that you expected it to be covered under warranty? I find it hard to believe that a dealership would refuse to work on a car if the customer was willing to pay.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:43 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 369 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlasK

Cheers,

Brock-
Hi Brock,

Sounds like it could be a number of issues, from as simple as an oring seal, to as complicated as finger follower or cam wear.

Unfortunately others have been inside the engine so it may be hard to trace, but we can help and I don't think you'll find another shop with more inside knowledge of the 991 GT3 engine (we have 1 apart in the engine room, and are testing a solid lash upgrade for the same...)

Give Tino a call at the shop and we'll see what we can do to help
253-200-4454

Jamie

jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports

Quick Reply: NEEDED: Mechanic with 991 GT3 Knowledge