Sponsored by:

GT3 touring dealer price

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 06:08 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
+1 It's funny how people think that the Touring is a completely different car when it's just an opinion box of a GT3. haha
Who thinks that the Touring is a completely different car? If you are buying a GT3 I think you know that it is not. Most people buying the Touring wants a car that they can drive daily
without looking like speed racer.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:10 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 109 Posts

I wonder if much of the interest in the Touring option is driven by the limited availability of the R. Next best thing to having something you can't or won't have is a copy.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
+1 It's funny how people think that the Touring is a completely different car when it's just an opinion (ed: OPTION) box of a GT3. haha
True, option 032 or 039 make a Touring

To assure the OP - these will drop like a rock and you'll be able to pick one up for a pitance, keep waiting, trust me and my crystal ball. When the 992 GT3T arrives there will be more downward pressure. Don't get stuck paying ADMs now, recall the GT4 pricing timeline?
Old 07-10-2018, 07:53 PM
Dane17
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me the touring appeal is the manual gearbox.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:06 PM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane17
For me the touring appeal is the manual gearbox.
U can haz in non-touring GT3. No comprehends.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:14 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
I wonder if much of the interest in the Touring option is driven by the limited availability of the R. Next best thing to having something you can't or won't have is a copy.
The "R" is a wningless Manual GT3 just like the Touring but set up more for the street. Some claim it is sprinkled with "FuFu" dust while other Owners beg to differ.

The debate will always continue.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:42 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Guys it’s a GT3 minus a wing.
No bro, it's not. It's got less sound deadening, the transmission is different, the suspension is more road-biased and feels more "lively", and even the steering feel is different from the winged GT3 which is a RACECAR because the engineers wanted to provide a more subtle driving excuse now that the MASSIVE DOWNFORCE from the rear wing is eliminated. Some say, the rubber on the front splitter is actually made from a different material not the Touring. It's basically a totally different car man, we have data so don't even try it.

Also, Tourings are basically going to fetch R prices soon because secretly they are the same car. cleaning lady told me values will skyrocket... "soon."
Old 07-11-2018, 02:16 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 939 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
No bro, it's not. It's got less sound deadening, the transmission is different, the suspension is more road-biased and feels more "lively", and even the steering feel is different from the winged GT3 which is a RACECAR because the engineers wanted to provide a more subtle driving excuse now that the MASSIVE DOWNFORCE from the rear wing is eliminated. Some say, the rubber on the front splitter is actually made from a different material not the Touring. It's basically a totally different car man, we have data so don't even try it.

Also, Tourings are basically going to fetch R prices soon because secretly they are the same car. cleaning lady told me values will skyrocket... "soon."
Old 07-11-2018, 02:52 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

The engine is also torquier and has a complete different tune than the GT3. Some say they are faster than a PDK also. The Touring has "future collectible" written all over it.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:22 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

This debate will see no end. But some objective facts:

Except for numbered R, Touring will be the rarest of all 991 (.1 and .2) GT3 variants.

Touring take rate apparently less than 50%, so even among 991.2 GT3, which will apparently be only MY2018, Touring will be relatively rare.

There was no GT3 Touring in 997 or 996 gen, so Touring will be among the rarest GT3 of all time, unless and until Porsche offer Touring in 992 gen.

Touring has superior motor to R and all 991.1 GT3 variants (9Krpm, solid valve lifters...)

While Porsche may choose to offer Touring option for future 992 GT3, it’s an open question whether 992 GT3 will be 4.0 NA, manual, and free of electrical assist. In other words, there’s a fair chance the 2018 GT3 Touring may be the last manual large displacement NA 911 GT3.

Seems to me like a pretty unique point in time and does have future collectible written all over it.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:28 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis

Except for numbered R, Touring will be the rarest of all 991 (.1 and .2) GT3 variants.
Well, except for the almost infinite number of special edition 991 cars...4S Exclusive, Club Coupe, Rennsport, Turbo S GB Edition, Martini Edition, GUM Red Square Edition, Cat Fancy Edition, etc.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:18 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

Touring take rate apparently less than 50%, so even among 991.2 GT3, which will apparently be only MY2018, Touring will be relatively rare.

There was no GT3 Touring in 997 or 996 gen, so Touring will be among the rarest GT3 of all time, unless and until Porsche offer Touring in 992 gen.

Touring has superior motor to R and all 991.1 GT3 variants (9Krpm, solid valve lifters...)

While Porsche may choose to offer Touring option for future 992 GT3, it’s an open question whether 992 GT3 will be 4.0 NA, manual, and free of electrical assist. In other words, there’s a fair chance the 2018 GT3 Touring may be the last manual large displacement NA 911 GT3.

Seems to me like a pretty unique point in time and does have future collectible written all over it.
Given the Touring's limited production run, I'd be willing to bet there will be fewer units of it than the R. As far as collectibility, the R should reign supreme.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Tourings are beginning to come on the secondary market and we should watch the take up rate - talk is cheap, money may be hard to find. If inventory starts to sit, you'll wonder if a saturation point has been reached. The GT Silver Metallic one starting at $300k over 6 months then finally wholesaled to a used car dealer speaks as a serious data point.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

The only GT3 option I'd pay extra for is 5-lug wheels.
Would not pay extra for a castrato version. I thought that was banned in 1903?
Old 07-16-2018, 04:00 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Given the Touring's limited production run, I'd be willing to bet there will be fewer units of it than the R. As far as collectibility, the R should reign supreme.
I expect it will be close to R numbers. I personally like the fact is more a refined/understated GT3 inside and out. Many people are drawn to Porsche for their understated nature and the touring definitely embodies that.

Most GT3 buyers are not collectors and want the “racer” look. Many people aspire their wholes lives to buy a GT car and when they finally can the want the wing. Nothing wrong with that.

Chris Harris bought a touring and that speaks volumes to me.

Is it collectible, I don’t know. Is it more special to me than a winged version, yes. Many collectors have a fleet of high profile cars and having a discrete GT3 with a manual and full leather interior ticks a unique box.

I think it could be collectible, especially if they don’t make a 992 NA Manual version. If they do make it in the 992, it is one of the only cars I would likely let my Touring go for.

Quick Reply: GT3 touring dealer price