Sponsored by:

991.2 gt3 still available?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 01:39 PM
905doc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991.2 gt3 still available?

Currently have a 2017 991.2 TTS and love it but I've always been itching for the hardcore version, naturally aspiration engine and a manual. Hence I'm entertaining a manual gt3.

Anyone who has come from a TTS shine some light on how they feel?

Biggest question is is the 991.2 gt3 manual still available?? I've heard some dealers tell me it's sold out.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:04 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on what you mean by "sold out." Many dealers have been sold out for years in the sense that they have had long waitlists. If you're looking to get one at MSRP, sold out is correct. But if you're willing to pay above msrp, you can certainly still find them.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:15 PM
905doc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Depends on what you mean by "sold out." Many dealers have been sold out for years in the sense that they have had long waitlists. If you're looking to get one at MSRP, sold out is correct. But if you're willing to pay above msrp, you can certainly still find them.
I dont quite understand, if you say they're sold out of all allocations meaning there is no more production then how can 1 pay a premium to still get it?
Old 06-28-2018, 02:26 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

You can easily find a few with delivery miles for sale ready to be sold on the lot, as far as allocations to spec your own go those are quite rare this late in the game and would likely command a big premium (production supposedly ends around December this year)

I'd suggest posting a WTB ad in the classifieds if you become a RL member if you want a spec'able allocation to solicit inquiries or start cold calling dealerships
Old 06-28-2018, 02:27 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by 905doc
I dont quite understand, if you say they're sold out of all allocations meaning there is no more production then how can 1 pay a premium to still get it?
Hi doc,

Buildable spots are out there, but you'll likely have to pay a premium. Seems like the going rate is at least 15k+ on top of MSRP.

​​the above poster is referring to it being sold out in terms of getting it for sticker price. Highly unlikely to get one at this point in time and going forward unless they chose to ramp up production.

im a bit bummed about not getting one despite being on a so called list for a long time. My plan is to wait until winter to see if someone bails on a car similar to what I'd spec, and hope to grab if for MSRP if the dealer cant find someone on their list who doesn't like the color etc. Perhaps that is a good idea if you're flexible with options.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:00 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MEM82
Hi doc,

Buildable spots are out there, but you'll likely have to pay a premium. Seems like the going rate is at least 15k+ on top of MSRP.

the above poster is referring to it being sold out in terms of getting it for sticker price. Highly unlikely to get one at this point in time and going forward unless they chose to ramp up production.

im a bit bummed about not getting one despite being on a so called list for a long time. My plan is to wait until winter to see if someone bails on a car similar to what I'd spec, and hope to grab if for MSRP if the dealer cant find someone on their list who doesn't like the color etc. Perhaps that is a good idea if you're flexible with options.

Yup, and it's all a big game/dance. Production is going until the end of the year so there are still allocations out there. But dealers all have a long list of buyers at MSRP, whether it's for an incoming car or an allocation. GT cars are technically supposed to be sold to a customer when ordered by a dealer. Some dealers ignore this and order for themselves. Others have customers who cancel after ordering. Others order for "customer" (i.e non-existent people), who "cancel" when the car arrives.

Confused? I don't blame you. It's why so many on this forum are frustrated at Porsche.

There are plenty of threads about this topic so continue to read more.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:20 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No ADMs in Canada so you can find a used one you like on Autotrader. No other options at this time.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:23 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a December build offered to me last week for $30K adm.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by 905doc
Essentially you buy from flippers or speculators. Someone already has a car delivered, to be delivered, or still to be specc'ed, and he/she will sell you said car for a profit. It will be a "used" car, in the sense they have bought it and will resell it for more than they paid for it. Lots of people out there are playing this game, and hiding the fact that they are flipping the car with all kinds of excuses. Like, friend of a friend, wife nixed the car, mistake in spec, financing fell through,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IMO, it's a scam, but it's a scam people are falling for with eyes wide open since they really, really want the car.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:08 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Lots of good advice above and elsewhere in the forum on how to get a car, but I'd suggest you spend a good amount of seat time in a 991.1 GT3 if you can. There are some significant trade-offs c/w the TTS.

Quick Reply: 991.2 gt3 still available?