Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consider this option if you are ordering in Europe!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:25 PM
Kaizu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Consider this option if you are ordering in Europe!

Sorry for the clickbait topic but just a heads up, please take some time to consider changing the Full Buckets to Sport Buckets. Just did a 12-day road trip with them. I see so few cars with them, while after a true comparable test drive the majority of my friends have changed their seats to Sport Buckets. And I need more GT2 RS's for the used market with the Sport Buckets haha!

I think they are superior for both track and road use.

Strange how every Porsche Sales Person seems to think the 918 seats are a must-have for a 991 GT. Was the only option my sales guy thought was unusual. Same just happened for my other buddy's GT2 RS WP full spec with another sales guy.

Why changing the so-mighty 918 seats to the folding Sport Buckets?

- The seating position is a lot better for an average guy: Tighter for the waist!
- Much better recline when using a helmet on track! Big difference!
- More relaxed recline, 1000 km in a day without any issue, while 918 seats do get lot more complaints imho.
- The seats are lighter than the Full Buckets (no motor).
- The storage space with the folding seatbacks is amazing even with the Clubsport cage. So much more room to use.
- If you live in the arctic climate you can add heated option as well.
- This option is not widely discussed in Rennlist because the Sport Buckets are unavailable for USA.

If and when you are happy with the Full Buckets, great, they are not bad seats! They may be more beautiful to look at and are also lower at their lowest position, important for the very tall guys. Just wanted to add this thread as still feels only 10% or less of the GT2 RS's I see in Europe are with this seat option, feels like a hidden gem haha. Your mileage may vary!
Old 06-19-2018, 07:36 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

So wish we had the option here... + cage too! I was teased at Leipzig when I picked my car up, gave me an RS w Clubsport to play with. I love the LWB but the sport buckets are even better for me.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:56 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

I prefer the Full Bucket Seats, but I'm bigger and taller than many. Have them in the current GT3 and had them in the prior GT3, GT3RS, and GT4.
Had the Sport Bucket Seats in my Cayman R, Boxster Spyder, and GT2 and they are my second choice for comfort. They were a bit too high for me.

I agree - it would be nice to have the folding Sport Bucket Seats to allow easier access to the rear storage area.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:30 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

@Kaizu: It has been discussed before, but indeed, you are absolutely right. The folding sport bucket are vastly superior in my use case !
Old 06-22-2018, 10:39 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 386 Posts

Agree too. My Touring has the fixed buckets and my GT3.2 has the folding buckets. Have now done multiple long distance trips in both and the folding buckets are much more comfortable..at least for me and two of my friends who also agree.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:55 AM
Dante
Racer

Received 156 Likes on 37 Posts

the most important feature of full bucket is that they allow an ultra low sitting position which is crucial for the barycenter

Quick Reply: Consider this option if you are ordering in Europe!