Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS vs Performante on track

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018 | 05:02 AM
nocturnu
Intermediate

Default GT3 RS vs Performante on track

Does anyone have experience both driving an RS and Performante on track. What are some of the notable differences in terms of driving characteristics of the cars?
Old 05-31-2018 | 10:34 AM
juanpablo046
Racer

I drove both the same day, .1 RS and Huracán Performante.

The Huracán is much more powerful, nimble and feels a lot more like a raw race car. It’s more sensitive to weight changes by the accelerator and brake, it will need more inputs from you when driving fast than the GT3 RS. The Porsche really feels like an easy and relaxed car compared to the Lambo.

I really like Porsche but this Huracán is one step above.

Last edited by juanpablo046; 05-31-2018 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-31-2018 | 12:07 PM
nocturnu
Intermediate

Originally Posted by juanpablo046
I drove both the same day, .1 RS and Huracán Performante.

The Huracán is much more powerful, nimble and feels a lot more like a raw race car. It’s more sensitive to weight changes by the accelerator and brake, it will need more inputs from you when driving fast than the GT3 RS. The Porsche really feels like and easy and relaxed car compared to the Lambo.

I really like Porsche but this Huracán is one step above.
Wow... that is definitely not the answer I’d expect to hear!
Old 05-31-2018 | 05:25 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

.2RS will feel a lot different than .1RS. It's very much more of a race-car suspension setup, more akin to the performante.
Old 05-31-2018 | 08:41 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

The huracan front end is so light and twitchy at high speeds. The steering input also feels “fake” and the amount of input changes depending what mode you are in.
Old 05-31-2018 | 10:02 PM
copmagnet
Track Day

I own both. And you asked about notable differences in terms of driving characteristics. Not which one is better. Now everyone turn their Porsche bias down.... if you can.

The RS has better steering feel. Specifically on turn-in and front end grip/feedback. You'll feel more precise with it. It also feels more nimble and easier to corner in shorter/low speed turns due to that steering confidence and rear wheel steer.

The Perf. has amazing handling. The faster you're going, the better. However, it does have a small amount less steering feel upon entry of low speed corners....not much though. Can't undo the characteristics of all wheel drive. But you'll be on the throttle sooner and accelerating faster out of the turns for that same reason. The power is an extremely significant difference, everywhere. Performante brakes are better as well.

As far as driving the cars overall. You'll enjoy the trust you can put into the feedback of the RS. It will 100% let you know how much you can push it and where to do so. The accuracy of the RS is it's forte.
In the Performante, you'll enjoy the trust you can put into the entire car...... of it being able to handle waaay more than most mortals can even think about attempting at any speed you're going. And it should come standard with diapers.
Old 05-31-2018 | 10:41 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

"And it should come standard with diapers."- Funny!!
Old 06-01-2018 | 01:30 AM
nocturnu
Intermediate

Originally Posted by copmagnet
I own both. And you asked about notable differences in terms of driving characteristics. Not which one is better. Now everyone turn their Porsche bias down.... if you can.

The RS has better steering feel. Specifically on turn-in and front end grip/feedback. You'll feel more precise with it. It also feels more nimble and easier to corner in shorter/low speed turns due to that steering confidence and rear wheel steer.

The Perf. has amazing handling. The faster you're going, the better. However, it does have a small amount less steering feel upon entry of low speed corners....not much though. Can't undo the characteristics of all wheel drive. But you'll be on the throttle sooner and accelerating faster out of the turns for that same reason. The power is an extremely significant difference, everywhere. Performante brakes are better as well.

As far as driving the cars overall. You'll enjoy the trust you can put into the feedback of the RS. It will 100% let you know how much you can push it and where to do so. The accuracy of the RS is it's forte.
In the Performante, you'll enjoy the trust you can put into the entire car...... of it being able to handle waaay more than most mortals can even think about attempting at any speed you're going. And it should come standard with diapers.
Exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thank you. Which car do you track more? Drive more? Reliability issues with the Performante?
Old 06-01-2018 | 06:50 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Note that helmet clearance might be an issue with the Performante.
Old 06-01-2018 | 08:31 AM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

The Performante is one car that gets my blood flowing. lamb is were the first cars, as a kid, that I had postered on my wall. They really nailed it with this one

Quick Reply: GT3 RS vs Performante on track