Sponsored by:

SupremePOWER | 991.2 GT3 Akrapovic Exhausts - Special for Rennlisters

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 12:04 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by Nendo
Special thanks to Eric from Supreme Power for the Akrapovic slip on race system with tips for my GT3RS 991.2. He was great to deal with and took extra care of my special shipping needs to Canada which only took 2 days. The system looks awesome and I am actually quite impressed with the tips. I was hesitant about the pricey tips but after looking at the construction with the small baffle inside I am quite impressed. Next up is installation next week where I will get some before and after revs from my stock system.

Add link pipes!!
Old 08-03-2019, 12:39 AM
Nendo
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Add link pipes!!

I need a valved system for the local track (and my neighbourhood)as others have gotten flagged just running a sharkwerks bypass. I am entertaining the thought of the complete Evo valved system. I want to run these a lil bit and then make the choice.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:39 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

I need a valved system for the local track (and my neighbourhood)as others have gotten flagged just running a sharkwerks bypass. I am entertaining the thought of the complete Evo valved system. I want to run these a lil bit and then make the choice.
What track?
Old 08-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Nendo
Instructor

Originally Posted by SToronto
What track?
Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit is the one closest to me. Hope to hit up area 27 in a month.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:07 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,385 Likes on 815 Posts

Let us know if you want to go full Evo. We just put it on our RS and love it!

Special thanks to Eric from Supreme Power for the Akrapovic slip on race system with tips for my GT3RS 991.2. He was great to deal with and took extra care of my special shipping needs to Canada which only took 2 days. The system looks awesome and I am actually quite impressed with the tips. I was hesitant about the pricey tips but after looking at the construction with the small baffle inside I am quite impressed. Next up is installation next week where I will get some before and after revs from my stock system.
Thank you for the kind words! Enjoy!

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 08-03-2019, 05:11 PM
El Cholo Loco
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had the Akrapovic installed by Supreme Power yesterday on my GT3 and it sounds great! Very impressed with the shop, install, and customer service. Thanks Eric and Kim!
Old 08-05-2019, 06:18 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by El Cholo Loco
Just had the Akrapovic installed by Supreme Power yesterday on my GT3 and it sounds great! Very impressed with the shop, install, and customer service. Thanks Eric and Kim!
Thank you El Cholo Loco! Hope you are loving it!! Appreciate the kind words!!
Old 08-06-2019, 01:50 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

I'll echo the above comments and say that Supreme is a class act all the way, from customer service to the quality of work, and I've been more than impressed with the people and the shop. They treated the car like it was their own, carefully getting in and out and not ham fisting anything.

If you're in SoCal...they should be on the top of your list!

This is what perfect fitment looks like!

Old 08-09-2019, 07:03 PM
Nendo
Instructor

Got the Akrapovic race bypass and tips installed on the 991.2 gt3rs.

Impressions after 100km : Louder than stock but not obnoxious ( maybe 1-2 db). More sound on the lower end with a bassier note. Upper range it is quite similar to the stock note. No highway drone noticed yet. Overall the system has given the car a sportier tone everywhere and has woken it up to the next level .The tips are a bit larger than stock at 95mm (had sharkwerks on my old gt3 which were at 100mm). The Akra tips do come out further which I was not expecting and extend the car (maybe an inch?) You can notice the tips and length increase via the backup cam .

Power increase and weight saving: Butt dyno notices nothing and weight feels the same. Perhaps full system there will be a more noticeable difference.

What now: I got a track day in next few days where I will put in some more time and think about what next. Maybe I go full Akrapovic evo valved system or add just valveless link pipes which are quite a bit cheaper. Regardless I will give it a bit of time until I start to itch again.

Overall : I am happy with it. It is not obnoxious. It is a high quality component and suits the cars character. It does increase the note moderately. It should pass most track decimal tests I think. It is a good starting point.

Last edited by Nendo; 08-09-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:40 PM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
This is what perfect fitment looks like!
Which tips are on your car?
Old 08-09-2019, 08:12 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Pope
Which tips are on your car?
He has the black ceramic coated Sharkwerks tips
Old 08-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Maverick11
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

I have the akra center bypass piece as well. Couple things I like about it in case you haven't examined in detail. 1) it actually bolts to the stock center mounting bracket, not just held in place by the clamps so dont have to worry about adjustments post install. Same as SW here. 2) Tips bolt on the same way stock does so you can change them out or keep your stockers but don't see clamps from behind the car the way others exhaust tips show. Seeing the clamps that hold the tips in place bugs me a lot for some reason. Also same a SW for reference. 3) It has a crossover pipe that connects both sides just like the stock center if you've ever seen a cutaway. Zero drone and I think this is part of the reason. 4) Really really light compared to SS systems and in addition to more volume has a really pleasant smooth tone. 5) Quality, its a work of art when you hold it and examine up close. 6) The tips are the perfect size and look like something more OEM than the other bigger pipes. (Btw, mine line up perfectly like the oem tips did)
Old 08-11-2019, 01:02 AM
Nendo
Instructor

Anyone have Akra race bypass with link pipes? impressions? any drone?
Old 08-11-2019, 10:01 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

I’ve posted this elsewhere previously. No drone. There is a short video clip on this thread of the sound.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Agate
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi guys, I am wondering why no one has used the following system ; the Race Headers w/ Slip-On Line

Most seem to opt for the Race Slip-On instead.

Does the above system require a remap of the ECU and in comparison is it noticeably quieter than the Race Slip-On w/ Race Headers?

Quick Reply: SupremePOWER | 991.2 GT3 Akrapovic Exhausts - Special for Rennlisters