Sponsored by:

Road damage GT3 Touring

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 06:38 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,039 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Happened to a guy with a GTS and he had to go aftermarket wheels which did have more clearance even though the wheel size was the same. Inside barrel diameter was larger than OEM. Better quality wheels too. But still, some Porsche engineer fuc*ed up here.

Probably money saving design for some reason. Who knows.
Bid Ed's home of discount roofing, siding and wheels was the low bidder.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:08 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,196 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Aside from the guys who think showing off damaged calipers and wheel finishes are a badge of honor, why on earth would they make the clearance so tight that there's no room
for even a small stone? It's idiotic and a design flaw. You've got rotors that run $6K a piece here too!
I got scratches on non-PCCB set up, which is a whole inch smaller. It just takes a bigger rock. But yeah, such a tight clearance makes it more likely. The cost of PCCB rotors is obscene, indeed.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:30 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
That body crack where the rocks get stuck was the same for my 2015 GT3. I bought some black foam rubber stripping at Home Depot, cut to length, then used a plastic spatula to squeeze it in there.
YES!....

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Si. It’s a car. Huge brakes. Less huge wheels. Super sticky tires. Hm.

Maybe pccb stand for: pebble collecting ceramic brakes.
I'll be using that one, thanks for that : )

Originally Posted by awew911
Look at what happened to my caliper. You should see the inside of the wheel. I cleaned it off and I dont look at it. it's going to happen.
That's about how all ours look too haha

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I go to the track once a month and thoroughly cover the inside barrels of my wheels with brake dust just to hide those scratches. Too bad ceramics make no dust
Our techs would love to know what witchcraft is being used to keep the ceramics from dusting the wheels on the track, they spend hours cleaning wheels between events...poor guys haha
Old 05-17-2018, 08:33 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmac
I guess that is why some opted for standard brakes...cheaper to replace in the long run.
Jack
PCCBs are only for lack of brake dust and yellow caliper. I don't like yellow calipers.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:11 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,528 Likes on 5,055 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Aside from the guys who think showing off damaged calipers and wheel finishes are a badge of honor, why on earth would they make the clearance so tight that there's no room
for even a small stone? It's idiotic and a design flaw. You've got rotors that run $6K a piece here too!
Wider track would mean a difference in the car's geometry, handling, cornering, etc.

Quick Reply: Road damage GT3 Touring