Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2RS is just stunning in person - arrival at GMG!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 08:05 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts
Default GT2RS is just stunning in person - arrival at GMG!

Just thought I would share with you pics from yesterday as a good friend dropped by to show us his beautiful GT2RS for us to prepare a quote for him to include our new GMG WEC Harness bar, duel harness setup, exhaust system and full clear bra/clear plex install.
This car is so much better looking in person.....and the sound is impressive, just a little too quiet, for his take and mine.
Stay tuned for more pics/build updates, etc....

Cheers!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 05-11-2018, 08:08 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Silver is a great color for the 2RS!
Old 05-11-2018, 08:17 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Ridiculous!!!!
Old 05-11-2018, 08:21 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Ridiculous!!!!
Eric,
As they would say in Boston, wicked bad.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:24 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Excited to see it all done. Hope there is videos!
Old 05-12-2018, 04:48 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up

YES!!!! STUNNING is the correct word. When our Smokies GT3 Group arrived at the Porsche HQ in Atlanta, 2 weeks ago,
Porsche had on display a duplicate GT Silver GT2RS Weissach Edition parked in front of our Registration Desk.
During that afternoon we had many activities such as Drivers on the Track Road Course, and their "Shake Plate" inducing immediate
and violent spins, their incredible Museum of Porsche Classic Cars and all-time Favorites, Video Road Races and Coffee Klatches,
but this GT2RS drew me back dozens of times that afternoon, just to stare at its incredible Beauty. To my eyes, it was the MOST
GORGEOUS 911 I had ever seen. I was indeed "STUNNED". Even as we were leaving that afternoon, I left my wife waiting in my
car so that I could go back one more time to stare at that GT2RS - as I did the next morning when we were leaving Porsche's new
Hotel for one last look. I was indeed STUNNED!!!

Imagine my surprise when my old car collecting friend, 918 owner, and neighbor, received his exact duplicate of that car in the
identical livery a few days ago at our Spruce Creek Fly-In in Port Orange, FL. After he took me on a spirited drive through
some local roads he let me actually DRIVE his GT2. If any car could be said to have a BAAAAD Aural presence, It is this car,
whether you are driving it, sitting in it, or 50 Yards away from it. It sounds like no other Street Turbo that I have ever heard.
It's Exhaust resonates in a deep baritone informing anyone within its Zip Code that a machine with a gazillion Horsepower
has arrived and will easily annihilate even the most powerful 4 wheeled object that might foolishly challenge it - so resistance
is futile. And that deep melodious cacophony of power and sound starts immediately with starting its Engine.

Deceptively, the GT2's race-car like handling and exhaust sounds, quick-steering, easily modulated braking, lightning-fast shifts,
and VERY firm and controlled chassis and suspension respond to the driver's inputs faithfully and progressively. Despite the
HUGE reserves of power lurking within this Uber-911, it reveals to the driver that it is as balanced and unintimidating as any
911 that has rolled off Porsche's production line. Even on the shortest of introductions, you realize the monster within has been
tamed and trained to obey its master. The GT2RS quickly becomes your faithful and predictable friend, equally adept at challenging
race cars on the track or sending your wife out to do the shopping - assuming of course you have infinite faith in your wife's driving ability.
And that is the most miraculous part of this Supercar.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:31 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 744 Likes on 403 Posts

I saw that car today at C&C. I will be the only one to say I was not as I impressed as I was with this car as in pics. For one he got sofas, I love sofas but this is one car that should only have LWB’s, Two he didn’t get the LEDs, interesting choice and lastly way too much plastic on a $300k car. Besides looks, obviously the car is a beast.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:57 PM
EMpunker
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 157 Posts

Love the gold wheels!
Old 05-12-2018, 06:01 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

wow!! amazing car!
Old 05-12-2018, 06:07 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I saw that car today at C&C. I will be the only one to say I was not as I impressed as I was with this car as in pics. For one he got sofas, I love sofas but this is one car that should only have LWB’s, Two he didn’t get the LEDs, interesting choice and lastly way too much plastic on a $300k car. Besides looks, obviously the car is a beast.
I hate the LWB, they kill my back and have no articulation.....and I am not alone, maybe that's why we have sold over 20 pairs on the new Sparco SPX Carbon seat.....pass throughs for harnesses and way more comfortable with reclining capabilities....
Old 05-12-2018, 06:37 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by James-GMG
I hate the LWB, they kill my back and have no articulation.....and I am not alone, maybe that's why we have sold over 20 pairs on the new Sparco SPX Carbon seat.....pass throughs for harnesses and way more comfortable with reclining capabilities....
You're not alone......
Old 05-12-2018, 06:48 PM
goin2drt
Banned

I as well, hence my sig. I own a GT3 with sofas but this car just begs the LWB's. Why not get the no option LWB and then put whatever seat in it you want if that is the case. If there ever was a race car with a license plate, this is the car.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:06 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Two he didn’t get the LEDs, interesting choice and lastly way too much plastic on a $300k car. Besides looks, obviously the car is a beast.
I wouldn’t get the LEDs either. They weigh more and after all this is a track special p car. Lighter is better and I think the standard lights look way better than the LEDs.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:18 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

BBI fanboy, never a nice word about GMG. I'm not surprised by these ignorant comments. His feelings get hurt easy, butt hurt loves the ignore list.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:40 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by Buteo

I wouldn’t get the LEDs either. They weigh more and after all this is a track special p car. Lighter is better and I think the standard lights look way better than the LEDs.
Yep that is what I thought so then why did he get the 18 ways? Doesn't make sense does it. Also if he is going to track the car and swap the seats, which he will need to do then why not get the no cost LWB's and when ready to sell pop those back in.

Quick Reply: GT2RS is just stunning in person - arrival at GMG!