Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 Porsche gt3rs. Which seats to pick?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018 | 12:07 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Select the "Seat Delete" option.
u read my mind
Old 05-07-2018 | 12:35 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Another vague "which should I pick" thread that is leading to a valuation thread - at some point it's my fault for reading it.
Old 05-07-2018 | 12:49 AM
richk
Drifting

^That's funny!
Old 05-07-2018 | 01:35 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AhsanU
These threads depress the living hell out of me. People that have the ability to get allocation for a new .2 GT3 or .2 GT3RS and all they care about is resale value and optioning it for that specific purpose just makes me sad. If you're looking for an investment, go invest elsewhere and take a hit on whatever option makes you happy but may lose value on your GT3. These cars are meant to be driven hard and pushed, not optioned to sell high for the next guy.
Maybe the reason they are able to buy these cars or secure allocations is because they weigh all factors in their purchase rather than being blinded by emotion.
Old 05-07-2018 | 01:42 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nick
Maybe the reason they are able to buy these cars or secure allocations is because they weigh all factors in their purchase rather than being blinded by emotion.
That theory is in sharp contrast with selecting a color one has never scene in person. A lot easier to change the seats v the color of the car.
Old 05-07-2018 | 03:51 AM
AhsanU
Racer

Blinded by emotion is a bit harsh, but I do get your point. Car purchases are different for everyone and every single one I've made has been an emotional one. Money comes and goes, but the smiles my car brings me/have brought me is priceless. I would never spec a new GT3RS wondering if it'd fetch a bit more money in the used market in the long run at the cost of my experience is what I'm really alluding to. Personally, I'd never get the LWB's since whatever GT3 I get would be driven everyday, and thus make life a bit uncomfortable for my wife and I.

Wish I had jumped on the Porsche wagon a bit earlier rather than having the .1 GT3 as my first Porsche, maybe I'd have gotten allocation for a new .2 GT3RS
Old 05-07-2018 | 06:06 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Plenty of people want the best deal on a car and speccing your own is part of that matrix. Just remember, you're only allowed to complain about one thing

Pick from:

Can't get a car allocation
Didn't get your money back from a car
Don't have enough money to keep more than one at a time
Your have been injured/ have a degenerative condition that does not allow for driving GT cars

If you are concerned about any of the other possible complaints, or as a used market guy are upset that your magical spec is not the right price / available, then technically number 1 applies.
Old 05-07-2018 | 06:32 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Best response so far that I have read. Most of us love these cars but also do not have a unlimited fund for these cars.
Old 05-07-2018 | 08:02 AM
disden
Drifting

I’ve posted repeatedly on RL about my love for the 4-way seats, went with them on my last 2 GT3s and was happy with the choice. However, for an RS would not order them, would only choose LWBs. They are a perfect match for this track oriented car. No doubt they effect resale: I have many friends who over the last year who were looking into purchasing 1.RS as prices decreased. Any car that didn’t have LWBs was immediately off the list.

On a a side note, I’m all for using nice cars as DDs, but I think you will quickly find this is not a pleasant car to DD, regardless of seat choice. If you want a 911 to DD, pick up a gently used CPO S/GTS/Turbo and drive the living crap out it, trust me. The hassles of using an RS as a DD are many...ride quality, tire noise, curbs, anxiety of parking, the constant looks/gawks of others ect Ect. I’ve always driven my cars hard and everywhere, but this was really challenging in an RS. Oddly, I picked up a Civic Type R and use this as a DD, it’s awesomeness! Fun to drive, room for errands, plus if someone door dings it I don’t care. Win all around.

Good luck and congrats! My 1.RS is the best car I’ve ever owned, can’t wait for my Lizard in September.
Old 05-07-2018 | 08:08 AM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by Surgeonowned
The sport, fixed seats that come standard are cool but seem really uncomfortable, would the 18 way power seats be better (obviously) and not hurt resale? Or can you get used to the fixed seat?
Sofas = touring.
Buckets = GT3 and RS

But get what works for you. If the buckets are uncomfortable for you, better resale will not help you to enjoy them.
Old 05-07-2018 | 09:01 AM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you are concerned about resale - the LWBS are the way to go. I find them comfortable and they belong in a GT3/RS!

Bottom line is it’s your car and you have to pay for it and drive it. Get what you want and is more comfortable. It sounds cliche but are you buying car for you or the next guy.

Possible you are buying to own for year, drive it and flip it - then get buckets.

Good luck.
Chet
Old 05-07-2018 | 09:19 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

I would go CXX on the seats and do this. Only thing if lizard green paint, go green rather then the velour blue...... might clash otherwise.....

Old 05-07-2018 | 12:56 PM
mcipseric
Rennlist Member

I always say to get the LWB seats if available when you order the car.
If for some reason you don't like them, it will be way easier and less expensive to source the other seats.
Your call to keep the LWBs or sell.
My friend is getting a 911T and his wife said she would not ride in the car with LWB.... So he is ordering LWBs :-) ...... and will source a sofa seat to swap out the passenger seat.
Old 05-07-2018 | 05:50 PM
Andial
Banned

If you are indifferent, get the LWBs as you can only get them on GT cars.

Quick Reply: 2019 Porsche gt3rs. Which seats to pick?