Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The A62435 Touring Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts

So excited to see this all come together! So far the interior modifications are look absolutely incredible. That leather choice is absolutely perfect!
Old 05-18-2018, 11:50 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Seats in and wheels back on. Took a little longer then expected so unfortunately Xpel and decals have been bumped back a week. Here are a few rough iPhone pics today. .

Old 05-18-2018, 11:56 AM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

This is awesome.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:58 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Signal yellow pin stripe and gloss black wheels...

Old 05-18-2018, 12:03 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Old 05-18-2018, 12:13 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

And one last one...

Old 05-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Wow...LOVE IT!! Truly remarkable! Well done sir, waiting to see the rest of the decals go on...
Old 05-18-2018, 01:12 PM
CC911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful and unique, looking forward to the final product. Mine’s currently being wrapped (Suntek ppf) then need to decide on decals
Old 05-18-2018, 01:46 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm typically not a fan of pinstripes but this really works. Well done!
Old 05-19-2018, 08:30 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

I wont try to repeat what others have shared but here a few initial driving impressions / observations that came to mind, on the first drive yesterday: (interrupted by a law enforcement guy 20 mins into the drive.... didn't take long !!)

- Much more driver friendly around town then I expected. Not to be confused with a daily driver, but still the torque at lower revs made it relatively easy along with very light clutch (too light ?) and clean definitive notch gears (easier then 997 GT3 and Carrera 50th are my reference points)
- Im holding to the max 4000 rpm rule for first 1000km, but still I found a casual drive running gears and engine revs between 2-4,500 ish was quite enjoyable. Didn't feel if it was lugging at all.
- Gears 2,3,4 up and down slide beautifully, gears 4 to 5 will be where the money shot is I'm going to say when your on a track pushing hard. Requires a definite forward and too the right push to slide into 5 without dropping back into 3 by mistake.
- I ticked Bose.. will put that down as a wasted $ option. With the amount of engine and road noise makes no sense. So I just turned it off completely as I just found it was competing and needed to be quite loud to have any clarity.
- On the engine, again running 3-4 rpm its quite acceptable and pleasant to car guys... passenger may get a little tied of it on longer runs.. I wouldn't say it drones. If anything, with the exhaust on, any hint of drone is removed. (although louder). Yet to experience Plus 5... so all this may change.
- Its been mentioned before, but this car does not feel like a hardened track machine suspension wise. Quite supple and again sport settings are the go to choice. In fact, along with the lazy mans rev matching and flat shifting electronics, i think the sport and exhaust button on will be 90% of my driving by choice irrespective of where Im driving.
- already scrapped the front fender on a speed bump. Learnt my lesson and used the nose lift button on the next speed bump.
- I haven't got into the centre control console much but the navigation module was disappointing. No reason really to have old nav and tech these days when really all it is software.
- Easy to forget your in a 500hp RWD car... be careful on the round-a-bouts. This was in the dry and still felt back end start to slide...
- Did I mention painted slats... Love these. .. any way back to driving.
- Buckets are super comfortable for me. (6,2" and 86kg) Getting in and out is a practiced art form, master it and no worries.. forget your moves and you will fall out sideways...
- Steering wheel is smaller. Noticeable for me.. Just how I like the position of the seat, with steering wheel up high and being tall, my knees would be to the side of the older model steering wheels and you would effectively touch your knees as you turned. This wheel allows more space. Small thing, but for me it was noticeable and a bonus. Ps leather on steering wheel feels like plastic. Hopefully it softens up a little.
- you hear all the stones and gravel noises from the underside. You also hear all the mechanicals.
- PCCB brakes didn't squeal... once on the outskirts of city, pushed on them hard and did a bit of beading in. Did hear a little bit of squeal on the odd occasion but its not regular or bystander head turning noisy..
- PCCBs stop on a dime. They will need to as this thing hauls... and hauls. And the fact I know there is still another 5K rpm makes that statement even more relevant. My speeding points score has been pretty good recently. I think I'm going to need all the points I have driving this around.
- Didn't do a lot of heal and toe as mainly on sport for this initial drive, but when I did, pedals felt like in the right position. Im a US size 12 ...
- Chalk is a colour you seriously cannot photograph correctly as it changes in every light. But I really like it. The greys and even the beige hint is really unique. A last minute change to gloss black wheels I think also work well against the colour.

Thats about it for a couple hour drive on day 1..

oh and out of interest, you notice that people don't notice... The couple of glances and the guy at the pump station knew exactly what the car was and appreciated it for what is was. This is a sexy body in an A line skirt rather then a mini...
Old 05-19-2018, 09:43 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Beautiful. Did you end up swapping the shift boot or staying with Silver?
Old 05-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by evilfij
Beautiful. Did you end up swapping the shift boot or staying with Silver?
Stayed with the silver thread 911R boot / carbon and black top. Picture back a post or two. You cant tell colour difference and matches well with the chalk colours in the cabin.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:25 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

XPEL and decals on.. been busy with some other things going on. Will try and get some pretty pictures on the weekend.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:34 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 726 Likes on 340 Posts

Love everything about it.

Congrats!
Old 06-07-2018, 01:47 PM
fun2k
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Stayed with the silver thread 911R boot / carbon and black top. Picture back a post or two. You cant tell colour difference and matches well with the chalk colours in the cabin.
Is it very difficult to separate the shifter from the boot? im planing to get the 911 r carbon shifter as well (cuz it looks so much better) but the shifter boot on my car has red stitching.

Quick Reply: The A62435 Touring Build