Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

31k that many miles good luck.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:52 PM
orthodoc911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishAndy
I had multiple unsolicited offers before I even took delivery, so demand is very healthy
Good point IrishAndy; however as you know most buyers are flaky and even if they pay for a PPI or even send a non-refundable deposit, they are still unreliable. Just ask wolfmobil who has his ('​18 Blue GT3T 1400 Miles) listed for $15K over in Vehicle Marketplace.

No doubt those offers you had are a good indicator but ultimate insights are only from completed sales.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:29 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by orthodoc911
Good point IrishAndy; however as you know most buyers are flaky and even if they pay for a PPI or even send a non-refundable deposit, they are still unreliable. Just ask wolfmobil who has his ('​18 Blue GT3T 1400 Miles) listed for $15K over in Vehicle Marketplace.

No doubt those offers you had are a good indicator but ultimate insights are only from completed sales.
Agreed. Actual sales matter more than anything, though the best data points will come from cars that are advertised nationally in a variety of places. I've been amazed at some of the cars that have sat on RL at very reasonable prices. Also, sales that are straight-up private with no advertising will not be captured, and will probably form some of the bigger outliers. Good data points will come when a couple hit auction.

Another thing to keep in mind is that these cars are fairly spec-sensitive. Some are highly customized for the buyer; some have more sale-friendly specs. The R was similar in that respect.

Either way, hopefully I don't get to become part of the stats!
Old 07-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by italiafan
Crazy.
However, if you were nuts enough to offer me $300K for my Arena Red GT3 manual with a wing...I wouldn't take it.
At some point in life experiences are > $.
I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE! Life experiences far outweigh money. Furthermore, if we keep buying and flipping GT cars, it'll only cause them to be harder to attain and go higher in price in the future.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:06 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Or is the GT3T market only strong on RL?
Perhaps there is not the pent up demand some of us anticpiated...
Judging by what I've seen in comments online, the Touring seems to be a huge favorite among people that don't aren't in a position to put their money where their mouth is. However, from what I've seen (and confirmed with my dealer) the vast majority of people actually ordering GT3s are going for the regular GT3. I already have a wingless GTS, and I like the GT car look, so I got the winged version myself.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:20 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
Judging by what I've seen in comments online, the Touring seems to be a huge favorite among people that don't aren't in a position to put their money where their mouth is. However, from what I've seen (and confirmed with my dealer) the vast majority of people actually ordering GT3s are going for the regular GT3. I already have a wingless GTS, and I like the GT car look, so I got the winged version myself.
Relative to the standard GT3, the touring was never expected to be and will never be as popular as the standard gt3 in terms of volume. The Touring will probably make up less than 20% of all .2 GT3s when production is over. But the relative volume isn't what matters, it's how much demand >> supply for each model/option that matters.

Regardless, everyone who I've met with a Touring loves theirs and that's all that really matters.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:55 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

My own is on sale for 360k
you know pts...
Old 07-24-2018, 05:57 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Regardless, everyone who I've met with a Touring loves theirs and that's all that really matters.
Nice to see an enthusiast opinion on an enthusiast site.

Something that seems to be getting rarer these days...
Old 07-24-2018, 06:34 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
My own is on sale for 360k
you know pts...
Mine is $425k, because PTS and CXX, plus it’s Green

* Just kidding. Do not PM me.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:19 PM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Mine is being built right now! Is it too late to ask for them to ship the extra wing ‘just in case’ ?

Old 07-24-2018, 08:16 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by orthodoc911

thought wolfmobile sold?
Old 07-25-2018, 12:33 AM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts

We know the GT3 production ends in December. We also know that .2 GT3RS production will continue into 2019. The ADM on the .2 RS then could be deciding factor on ADM pricing of GT3 and GT3T. The ramping of GT3T production this year may lower the difference between it and the GT3. I think PTS GT3 is perhaps the highest ADM at this time. I have been advised my PTS MT GT3 should command $35K-$40K ADM. Much of this is speculation lest people begin disclosing what they are actually making when they sell their vehicles.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:45 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Raghu
We know the GT3 production ends in December. We also know that .2 GT3RS production will continue into 2019. The ADM on the .2 RS then could be deciding factor on ADM pricing of GT3 and GT3T. The ramping of GT3T production this year may lower the difference between it and the GT3. I think PTS GT3 is perhaps the highest ADM at this time. I have been advised my PTS MT GT3 should command $35K-$40K ADM. Much of this is speculation lest people begin disclosing what they are actually making when they sell their vehicles.
PTS was relatively available and, at best, I think, it will cover the $12,830 cost. It’s not like an R where there is a big premium. (I say that as someone with a PTS GT3 coming). They can be had at the same premium as any other GT3 from the ones I know sold and are for sale.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:06 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
So much preoccupation with value retention and speculation on appreciation in this forum.....that is not what these cars are about....we all get reeled in to these discussions instead of sharing what these cars can do when they perform....getting to point when reading about someone drag racing a vette from a red light would be more interesting...
that's b/c you are all on the wrong thread.
check out my "value thread"
we eat, ride, maintain, drive and beat the living day light out of our cars.....
we do our best to depreciate our cars.

the discussion on ADM is boring.
u either want it and pay for it or you dont want it.
do you goto 4 Michelin start and ask the chef why his steak is $125 while the one at local joe's steak is $25.
you either want it or not.
get it, drive it and enjoy
life is hard, then u die.
your money your choice
Old 07-25-2018, 01:29 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334
Mine is being built right now! Is it too late to ask for them to ship the extra wing ‘just in case’ ?
Is that a "Chicken wing" joke!
LoL

Quick Reply: GT3 Touring $300K?