Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
if u get one lower than that and don’t want it send it to me
+1
Old 04-22-2018, 08:08 AM
DerStig
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For as long as there will be people with too much money to the point they dont know the answer to a question such as this, there will be ADMs.

we need another recession for course correction so this stops at least for a while.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:09 AM
2006m5
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I had dealers tell me 50 ,60 ,70

its getting out of hand,but they have the cars.
so I if you want it try to make deal....for les the. 50.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:18 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig
For as long as there will be people with too much money to the point they dont know the answer to a question such as this, there will be ADMs.

we need another recession for course correction so this stops at least for a while.
Why anyone would want a recession is beyond me. Plug pulling on the sink drains everyone the same way a rising tide lifts all boats.

People/Buyers can vote with their wallets to support the businesses and business practices they like the most.

That being said- the best way to get cars is to get in early and communicate consistently. Lots of the top clients are constantly in touch with the top employees at a store and they tend to hear about stuff earliest, get the invites etc.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:06 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Why anyone would want a recession is beyond me. Plug pulling on the sink drains everyone the same way a rising tide lifts all boats.

People/Buyers can vote with their wallets to support the businesses and business practices they like the most.

That being said- the best way to get cars is to get in early and communicate consistently. Lots of the top clients are constantly in touch with the top employees at a store and they tend to hear about stuff earliest, get the invites etc.
agree but I am getting hit with $50K ADM like this guy and it is mind blowing that I am accepting this as what it takes to get the car. I called 5 other dealers around me and all said exact same thing. $80-$100K so there is dealer collusion taking place. 4 years ago these were all MSRP dealers and had trouble moving GT cars in my area.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:42 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheflat6

agree but I am getting hit with $50K ADM like this guy and it is mind blowing that I am accepting this as what it takes to get the car. I called 5 other dealers around me and all said exact same thing. $80-$100K so there is dealer collusion taking place. 4 years ago these were all MSRP dealers and had trouble moving GT cars in my area.
Totally agree here. Even quote “good guy dealers” and these folks that were selling at MSRP are not any longer and it is all about the buck NOW. I am sure maybe there are still a few “good guy dealers” that are selling at MSRP but those are to really long time customers and whales. A guy like me who is of regular lifestyle and earnings that when buying a $180k car is really a once in a lifetime experience, forget about it. I have tried. All the talk about building relationships, giving them your service business etc etc., hogwash. I have tried. This is at least the story in SoCal. I started to build one, probably gave them 15+ customers for service via my social media and networking at plenty of events, they have bought other cars etc etc. When the time came for a .2, same ole song and dance. He could care less about all the business, “TODAY, it is the going rate at $30k over” I was told. Obviously maybe some other dealers are differerent but when you live here, hard to give your service business to a place out of state.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:46 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
OP is just asking what the going rate over list is; it's not a tough question. Answer is 25k-50k.
I have not heard of any for 25k over, still to much in my mind. All the prices I have seen has been over 50k. So if you find one at 25k over and don't want it let this group know I am sure someone here would be interested in that price if you do not want it.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:48 AM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

What's fair is ZERO over MSRP. What people are paying and what market is dictating is different...
Old 04-22-2018, 11:16 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

CJ THANKS TOTAL WITH Thanks for such great council .
Old 04-22-2018, 11:38 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

The two lowest I've been told of are $25K (reported publicly on RL) and $30K. I believe both are now gone. They are out there at under 50k if you put a little work in. I agree with those who said $50K is the typical asking price. I have no problem with ADM. If that's what the market is, that's what it is. But I'll be patient and wait for one at sticker. If I don't get it, such is life, and I will add it to my relatively short list of first world annoyances. My PTS GT3 MT will be here soon enough, which I imagine will be pretty good. And I remember this same hype for the 991.1 RS ... and then PAG made a whopping 6000 of them. So I guess we'll see. Good luck to everyone. And to OP, if you are comfortable with 50K ADM, go for it. Don't let anyone tell you how to feel or spend your money for you.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:41 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Why anyone would want a recession is beyond me.
Agree. Hoping for a recession is senseless. I remember another thread where an RLer expressed this recession wish. I don't get it. Why, so you'll have a better chance of landing an RS at sticker? Think about how nuts that is.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:53 AM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,828 Likes on 538 Posts

A paraphrased old Greek expression for spiteful:

"If I can't push you over the cliff, I will pull you over."
Old 04-22-2018, 11:55 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 233 Posts

In ideal world that is true, in my experience touching base every so often when you have a deposit or an order in process it seems the SA/dealers almost go against building a relationship. Need to dangle car keys to get a reaction:

2016:
Years back, bought a preowned 991.1 GT3 when those were the GT3 to have and traded a GT4 in, wanted to leave a deposit for .2 GT3 or .1 RS - was told we would be in touch with details, and when I finally got an email months later that said being 2.5hrs (geographically) from the dealer is outside their radius, and they won't be able to assist as those cars stay inside a 50 miles radius because they only get a few and won't send them outside that radius.

Left a deposit on .2RS end of 16' for a local dealer, they "forgot" about that apparently and gave the allocation elsewhere, had kept in touch and tried ordering Macan. Have tried to stay in touch with this relationship as they are a local dealer, but since have seen nothing but hot air being blown around.

2017:
Tried to buy another 997.2 RS and was adding it as a second Porsche 'summer/track car' (was also given written evidence of getting the #1 spot on the list for .2 GT3's) - offered to finance with dealer and they got approval for everything and a few things didn't connect for me with the numbers/DME and passed - crickets from that dealer when I leave VM's to the SM who took over the deal (this was a premier dealer and very large volume who is well-known).

Have a .2 GT3 coming from a dealer I traded a GT car to for a new Macan GTS, have had to pull teeth to get that allocation as I was told it was mine in Nov. 17' - took until March 18' to get a commission number. And have offered to buy another SUV in process which didn't seem to help relationship.

So, while the sentiment of the relationship is great and all - experience has been nothing but the opposite in all of these deals. If Porsche didn't make such a good product, I would've been done with this long ago.

Last edited by redmonkey928; 04-22-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:22 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

I might mess this up but relationships be damned this is how it works. You pick the dealer and somewhere on this spectrum they start/stop selling at MSRP. All are at MSRP with 1 but after that it is a crap shoot.

1. Super 918 VIP
1 (a) 918 VIP
2. Non 918 VIPs, that are VIPs. Those that are connected with Porsche in some way. I could name a few but these are the ones that don't own a 918 but are treated as if they did.
3. Whales- those that buy at least 10+ cars from dealer. 10 could be the wrong number, could be higher.
4. Friends, relatives, etc
5. Business relationships such as the GM's stock broker, lender etc etc
5. Dudes with industry connections. These would be your you-tubers, maybe a Michelin rep etc
6. Customer that has bought less than 10 cars but still uses them for service.
7. Final bucket is for the GM and SM to talk about a potential gift, new customer etc (that guy with the relationship that is not one of the above)
991. The guy that is out of the area (state) that can't bring them in any service business or no GT business.

Now the only customer that I didn't include because it could go anywhere from 2 to 990. That guy that walks in with money falling out of his pocket and if the "market rate" is say $25K over he will offer $50K just because he needs to be the first at C&C to impress his 20 yr younger wife/girlfriend(s)

Let's face it Porsche does not release enough of these cars to hit all the above so that guy that just wants a GT car at MSRP to spec and drive and not flip for profit or bubble wrap for later will have to pay whatever the going rate is. You can have all the relationships you want but it is a business and if the dealer doesn't think you are future $'s, forget about it. If that price is over MSRP and you are against that then, well you watch from the sidelines or buy someone other spec when the latest and greatest new toy comes out and the commotion settles.

OP if you got an allocation for $50K and you are ok with that - GO FOR IT!!!!! Or else you will continue to watch prices fall over the next months just like the .1 did but the problem at that lower ADM you may not be given that allocation.

Quick Reply: 2019 GT3 RS Mark Up - what's fair?