Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How would the GT3 be compared to a 991.1 C4S for DD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 05:31 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default How would the GT3 be compared to a 991.1 C4S for DD?

I have a 991.1 C4S with the MT and have never even thought of trading it in until I saw the GT3 with the manual. One thing I hate about my 911 is all the squeaks/rattles that I've been trying to get rid of for years. I know the GT3 is more track focused and I wouldn't mind more engine noise or a slightly harsher ride, but the squeaks/rattles really get me.

The other thing that bugs me about the 991.1 is how long the ratios are. With the 6 speed in the GT3 is it geared more for acceleration and less for fuel economy like in my car?

Of course the car is out of my price range and I'm not sure about ever getting another Porsche after my experience with this one, but I was just curious.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:41 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

sounds like you have the answers to all of your own questions. not sure if the squeaks are common in all cars though - hasn't been my experience.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:32 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 132 Posts

I just went from 2016 C4S PDK to 2018 GT3 PDK.

I had some similar rattles. I think the GT3 is so loud and so much road noise in comparison that any rattles will be drowned out by mechanical sounds and tire noise.

I also think my glass glass roof was a factor in my old car as well as the standard interior. My new car has leather wrapped everywhere (even steering column) and no glass roof. My GT3 gets a slight resonance in the speakers with bassy songs and the base turned up but that’s the only thing I’ve noticed.

as for the daily question? I daily’ed my C4S until some unfortunate road hazards victimized the poor car. I don’t think I’ll daily the GT3 as much, but may drive to work 1-2x weekly. If I could I’d have both, but if you want comfort the GT3 really isn’t for you. Although I speak from driving around in the carbon buckets.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:56 PM
AhsanU
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

I can't speak for the manual 991.2 GT3 but will happily say that if squeaks and rattles/odd noises that doesn't sound like it should be there irk you then the 991.1 GT3 is not for you. Maybe in complete stock guise the excess noises you wouldn't expect are minimal but after a center muffler bypass/catless headers - there's a lot of noise. Again, the 991.2 may be slightly different and more refined.

Best thing for you is to see if you can find someone that's willing to give you a ride in one and see if the sounds are alright with you. Personally, the driving experience trumps all other aspects of the GT3. The aural stimulation of 9k RPM is well worth any trade-offs.

Quick Reply: How would the GT3 be compared to a 991.1 C4S for DD?