NEW GT3T Available with/without ADM, Touring only thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 03:37 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Burren
What's that, like $30k over?
Ad says MSRP was 192k, so they are asking roughly 17k over. Tough sell with 5k miles.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:27 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

BAT just had a no sale 2k miles high bid $141, MSRP $155 or so.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:44 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
with how many PTS cars there were for the .2 GT3 it doesn't appear to carry much if any premium over non-PTS. also probably because 13K already built in to msrp price.
This logic is sound
Old 07-30-2019, 06:53 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
BAT just had a no sale 2k miles high bid $141, MSRP $155 or so.
Yellow is one of the most unpopular colors, with questionable trim choices...so no surprise that it didn't meet or beat the silver sale on BaT recently.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:31 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Yellow is one of the most unpopular colors, with questionable trim choices...so no surprise that it didn't meet or beat the silver sale on BaT recently.
i like yellow but this is very true.

reserve was not met on that car. you have to be careful with BaT data as many cars are not sold because reserve is not met, though you have to scroll down and look to actually find this out.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:55 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdog1250
God I love racing yellow!
Me too!

Originally Posted by GT3
Beautiful. Congrats.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Holdens
Car looks great! And good choice driving her home. Best way to get acquainted with a new friend.
Thanks! It was a little stressful driving home on unfamiliar roads in a high traffic area in inclement weather, but I did have a lot of fun. Bit of a long trip going solo, but I did really get to know the car.

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I think that's technically true based on the build numbers, but a lot of people buy and spec Porsche's based on how it will do at resale. I never saw the trim on that car, but people can get really tacky with the interior trim regardless of the exterior color. I've seen some appalling RS interiors, especially the lizard green ones.... Silver is always a safe bet based on that safe bet retail methodology. It's never visually offensive, but not necessarily exciting to look at either. I bought a yellow car because it looks cool IMO and I really don't care what happens if/when I sell it. I've always felt sports car colors should be selected based on skittles

I'm not going to post what I paid for my clean carfax, fully clear bra'd, CPO car for fear of tanking the super hot touring market
Old 08-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

I like green on black (:

Last edited by Maverick787; 08-03-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Me too!

Thanks!

Thanks! It was a little stressful driving home on unfamiliar roads in a high traffic area in inclement weather, but I did have a lot of fun. Bit of a long trip going solo, but I did really get to know the car.

I think that's technically true based on the build numbers, but a lot of people buy and spec Porsche's based on how it will do at resale. I never saw the trim on that car, but people can get really tacky with the interior trim regardless of the exterior color. I've seen some appalling RS interiors, especially the lizard green ones.... Silver is always a safe bet based on that safe bet retail methodology. It's never visually offensive, but not necessarily exciting to look at either. I bought a yellow car because it looks cool IMO and I really don't care what happens if/when I sell it. I've always felt sports car colors should be selected based on skittles

I'm not going to post what I paid for my clean carfax, fully clear bra'd, CPO car for fear of tanking the super hot touring market
I know collectors that own nothing but yellow cars. To each their own. Enjoy in good health.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:04 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Avalon911
I know collectors that own nothing but yellow cars. To each their own. Enjoy in good health.
Thanks! Yep, color is very subjective. Whatever blows up your skirt. I have no idea where that expression comes from but it always makes me smile
The following users liked this post:
evilfij (08-03-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 11:02 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey everyone,

My brother in law is selling his 2018 GT3T with 112 miles and thought I would pass it along.

WP0AC2A90JS176623
Guards Red with PCCB, FAL, Sofas
Clear bra on the hood, bumper and side skirts
GMG center delete in black

$195k is his asking price, he’s had some interest as it’s for sale on some car sites through one of the dealers he owns. I can answer any questions and if someone is interested I can connect them with him.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Knutsm01
Hey everyone,

My brother in law is selling his 2018 GT3T with 112 miles and thought I would pass it along.

WP0AC2A90JS176623
Guards Red with PCCB, FAL, Sofas
Clear bra on the hood, bumper and side skirts
GMG center delete in black

$195k is his asking price, he’s had some interest as it’s for sale on some car sites through one of the dealers he owns. I can answer any questions and if someone is interested I can connect them with him.

that's a really nice looking spec. you or your BIL should post better pics.....ones that show GR in better light (not so orange) and don't have trash cans in the back. GLWS.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:32 AM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
that's a really nice looking spec. you or your BIL should post better pics.....ones that show GR in better light (not so orange) and don't have trash cans in the back. GLWS.

Sorry for the crappy pics - just got some more this morning.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts

Lol I would never show a picture of a Touring with the tail up--in a thumbnail it could likely be confused for having a wing. Plus the integrated wing up looks terrible on every 911. It's super cool when it's left to raise/lower on its own on a track as active aero, but manually raising it....just say no. (one exception is when cleaning, just don't let anyone take a picture of it)

Great spec though, can't imagine he has any trouble selling it with some decent pictures. That last side picture does show clearly why I don't like the side skirts painted especially on the GT3--you get the nice black trim under the front and rear bumper and I think it looks nicer to have that continue around the whole car.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:16 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tangerine
Lol I would never show a picture of a Touring with the tail up--in a thumbnail it could likely be confused for having a wing. Plus the integrated wing up looks terrible on every 911. It's super cool when it's left to raise/lower on its own on a track as active aero, but manually raising it....just say no. (one exception is when cleaning, just don't let anyone take a picture of it)

Great spec though, can't imagine he has any trouble selling it with some decent pictures. That last side picture does show clearly why I don't like the side skirts painted especially on the GT3--you get the nice black trim under the front and rear bumper and I think it looks nicer to have that continue around the whole car.
Agreed on the painted skirts and the wing up for the pic My car has the painted skirts too. I didn't spec it, so I got what I got. I like how the black continues around the car and the painted sides disrupt that. Not to mention that area takes quite a bit of wear and tear and leaving it plastic lowers the maintenance.

I really like the car though. It's spec'd very nice. I'm not sure I've ever seen a red touring car before, very sharp. All the right stuff for sure.

Last edited by deputydog95; 08-08-2019 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:20 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Since there are a bunch floating around, I won’t catalog all the ones I know of in detail, but main line has a white one, Fairfield has an agate grey, and there is a fire red PTS at Fremont.

Quick Reply: NEW GT3T Available with/without ADM, Touring only thread