porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Congrats and great write up
Old 03-19-2018, 03:15 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

I noticed that my comparisons have become a little convoluted! Overall having driven the car all weekend, I really feel as a single vehicle for the street and the track The .2GT3 manual either touring or wing is the way to go. I think the manual is way more fun at legal speeds than anything non sexual should be. Driving up the mountains shifting up and down the selection is just meaningless fun that never got me more than 10 MPH over the limit and yet I couldn't get the grin off my face. That's something I never felt in the Spyder or even in my RS. The RS on the street is just very clinical and taking her to aspen for the weekend I would just slap her on the trailer and haul away. I really can't wait to take the Touring up this summer and enjoy the experience of Million dollar highway. Even a quick tour up the Peak to Peak biway just good clean fun all at reasonable speeds. That being said I personally love a track machine and if I had to give up the Track I would be miserable. So if I could only have one single sports vehicle it would be the RS nothing like it on the track and having had the experience it is impossible for me to lie to myself into thinking that the Touring will approximate it. This is a really personal choice and looking at the GT3, Touring, R, RS and the GT2RS really makes it difficult to say which one is for you.......only each of us can really judge that for ourselves. I never thought I would like the turbos but in GT2RS form I would gladly buy one, not as an investment but one to actually abuse on a racetrack. If I wan't such a track hound I would gladly stay with the Touring and thank my luckystars to save for my retirement! Oh well, I don't mind working till I'm 80 if I can enjoy these cars!
Old 04-13-2018, 01:40 AM
gsd98jsh
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick Reply: GT3 Touring from a RS