991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3T with PSE on vs off

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018 | 08:43 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Yup, that is consistent with my experience between the Touring and the GT3 as well. This was also confirmed by Porsche engineers from Weissach, no differences between the two.

I thought standard GT3 could be specced in full leather interior no? Or are you referring to the seat center in lays where the Touring has a fabric vs. alcantara on the GT3?

Originally Posted by BLACKMAMBA
I was interested to hear about the wing / no wing differences so took advantage of the dry roads and met up with a friend who has a very similar car. Both manual GT3s on Cup2s with similar options and still in the running in phase so keeping it under 4000 rpm. One a winged, non-CS with LWBS. Mine a Touring with LWBS.

We found a quiet stretch of road and did standings starts to 100, rolling acceleration to 100, windows up and windows down (cold!). Tried with sports exhaust on and off. Then went for a drive and swapped cars through a variety of roads.

We both agreed there was no difference in the noise between the two cars, very similar with exhaust on and off. Both noticeably louder with the exhaust on and especially with the windows open as expected. Neither car had a drone or noise at 80 mph and were pretty relaxed / quiet at motorway speeds, especially with the exhaust off. Conclusion was that the cars felt identical to drive for all intents and purposes.

A few differences we did notice. Biggest was the steering wheel, we both preferred the alcantara wheel (drats). We both preferred the Touring leather interior and the better visibility. Other than that, there was nothing to tell between them.
Old 03-09-2018 | 08:54 PM
_fletch
Racer

Could this be a Dunlops, or a Euro-spec issue?
Old 03-09-2018 | 10:46 PM
juanpablo046
Racer

Originally Posted by unotaz
Yup, that is consistent with my experience between the Touring and the GT3 as well. This was also confirmed by Porsche engineers from Weissach, no differences between the two.

I thought standard GT3 could be specced in full leather interior no? Or are you referring to the seat center in lays where the Touring has a fabric vs. alcantara on the GT3?
Actually leather interior is an option, without it you end up without the leather dashboard, etc.

Old 03-10-2018 | 03:41 AM
BLACKMAMBA
Advanced

Sorry, I should have been clear. I have some extra leather bits on the Touring and there were other details like the seat stripes and alcantara trim on the winged car which we were indifferent about. His car did have the leather interior option.

The Touring interior just seemed a nice place to be. Mechanically, we couldn’t notice any differences. Both were RHD Euro cars FYI.
Old 03-10-2018 | 04:25 AM
chord72
5th Gear

Chris, you have an mp...
Old 03-10-2018 | 07:46 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Just went out for a quick drive. At steady 120 kph and at 140 kph, there is NO audible difference in sound in the interior of my .2 winged PDK GT3 when I press the sport exhaust button or not !
But I do not have your droney sound though !

Originally Posted by bccars
I don't know if it is me or my headphones, but your car doesn't sound nowhere near what my winged PDK .2 sounds like ! I hear a very dominant drone on yours like a world war 2 aircraft. If that really IS the sound I hear and you are referring too, I'm sorry but it sounds like crap. I'm pretty sure something is wrong, with both touring versions you tested apparently !
Or did you record this with the windows down and is this wind buffeting ? If not I would have the dealer contact the mothership in Germany !

PS: Is there also something vibrating in your centre tunnel console thingamajig ?
Old 03-10-2018 | 06:32 PM
Benedict14
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris3963
I am now overseas on business so wont get a chance to do this until I get back late next week.
Chris,

That last sound clip sounded positively agricultural. I’m having real difficulty believing that it’s ‘normal’. Perhaps a function of the microphone on your phone ? Although, I don’t think so.

Good luck ! Great looking car.
Old 03-24-2018 | 04:10 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Just went out for a quick drive. At steady 120 kph and at 140 kph, there is NO audible difference in sound in the interior of my .2 winged PDK GT3 when I press the sport exhaust button or not !
But I do not have your droney sound though !
Well, the plot thickens. Apparently one of my vacuum lines to the exhaust valves got disconnected. They fixed it and now I have the audible difference when I press the sport button again.

Have you made any progress on finding out what your issue is with the car Chris ?
Old 03-24-2018 | 05:22 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Well, the plot thickens. Apparently one of my vacuum lines to the exhaust valves got disconnected. They fixed it and now I have the audible difference when I press the sport button again.

Have you made any progress on finding out what your issue is with the car Chris ?
No, been out of the country for the last few weeks. Will try and follow it up next week.

Quick Reply: GT3T with PSE on vs off