Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toying with the Idea of Radio Delete in the .2 3RS...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 09:55 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Would you?

Increasingly of the view that head units aren't relevant if a car is to be kept long term. Tech in 10 years will be so different from today's, that whatever installed today will be deadweight.

None of the cars in my "long term" fleet ever see their radio used. The CGT and 964 radio codes haven't even been keyed in... (admittedly I lost one of them lol)

Downside: if some ultimate RS comes out later in the cycle and I need to sell the .2, I think a radio-less car will be much tougher to flog... and once you order radio delete, it cannot be retro-fitted...
Haven't fixed 2 radio codes sort of like not taking my iPhone - when I begin the drive it's a bummer not to listen to some tunes but after that it's really nice.

There will always be a next greatest but is it worth the brain damage - flog it
Old 03-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
^^^Hams great avatar , congrats and have fun adding to that #
Thanks! I was on the way home from COTA with Chin in January when I caught that.

Best part about these cars? Throw your track gear in the frunk; drive to the track; track the crap out of it; drive it home. No need for a trailer. Enjoy!

- Chris.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:40 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^YUP , recipe for best days = Chin w/ GT3 , I've driven home on cords !! smilin all the way..

Quick Reply: Toying with the Idea of Radio Delete in the .2 3RS...