ticking sound from the engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 03:51 PM
Ah3b
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ticking sound from the engine

Hello,
My car is 991 gt3 2014 model, the engine was replaced twice due to a recall i beileve it was pistons or rods i dont know exactly. The last replacement was done the last summer. The warranty ended in december. Couple of days ago i heard a ticking sound when i put my foot on the throtle, i asked a mechanic outside the dealership to see where is the sound coming from and he said its the engine, also i noticed the oil pressure is dropping to 0.7-0.8bar when car is idle, is there something that states there is a 10 year warranty on the engine? I beileve i read that somewhere but i need to make sure that there is a paper that states that so i can speak with the dealership. The issue is im the second owner and the previous owner didnt extend the warranty. I spoke with the service adviser and he denied the 10 year engine warranty and any current issue isnt covered under warranty.

thanks
Old 02-27-2018, 03:54 PM
Ah3b
AutoX

Forget to mention, kuwait dealership
Old 02-27-2018, 03:55 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

Originally Posted by Ah3b
Hello,
My car is 991 gt3 2014 model, the engine was replaced twice due to a recall i beileve it was pistons or rods i dont know exactly. The last replacement was done the last summer. The warranty ended in december. Couple of days ago i heard a ticking sound when i put my foot on the throtle, i asked a mechanic outside the dealership to see where is the sound coming from and he said its the engine, also i noticed the oil pressure is dropping to 0.7-0.8bar when car is idle, is there something that states there is a 10 year warranty on the engine? I beileve i read that somewhere but i need to make sure that there is a paper that states that so i can speak with the dealership. The issue is im the second owner and the previous owner didnt extend the warranty. I spoke with the service adviser and he denied the 10 year engine warranty and any current issue isnt covered under warranty.

thanks
I believe all 2014s had an extra year warranty so it should be a (5) year here in the States.

The Jerk-off said it is coming from the engine??? Did he try to find the issue???

Crap like this makes me pissed
Old 02-27-2018, 04:02 PM
Ah3b
AutoX

He works on porsche cars only, and he is sure its coming out of the engine when we raised the car on a jack.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:46 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 10 Posts

As Jimmy mentioned, replaced engines came with an additional year of warranty - 5 years/100K miles. In addition, Porsche announced a 10 year/120K mile warranty on the .1 GT3 engine. Both of these begin on the in-service date of the vehicle so in either case you should have plenty of coverage. Don't know how this is being handled in other countries, but below is some info specific to the US. Hope its helpful.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ty-update.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ouncement.html
Old 02-28-2018, 08:58 AM
Ah3b
AutoX

Anyways thank you all
the car is in the dealership And yes it was issue with the engine.. its covered by the 10 yrs warranty.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:23 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Anyways thank you all
the car is in the dealership And yes it was issue with the engine.. its covered by the 10 yrs warranty.
Isn't it great that the "service advisor" didn't know about the 10yr warranty which is common knowledge for the gt3 .1. Don't these people get training updates or bulletins?.. or some kind of training qualifications?
Old 02-28-2018, 10:40 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Anyways thank you all
Glad this was sorted out. Some dealers are slow to get the memo, I guess.

Quick Reply: ticking sound from the engine