Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Black for a GT3 GT3T?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018 | 07:22 PM
Betelgeuse
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
In my opinion; regardless of which black you go with I believe you need to PPF the whole car. I like the Metallic better. I did not have the choice( mine Black) but in the end it all worked out because I love the Stealth look
Jimmy, all the blacks, including the stealth, look fabulous as long as they’re clean & shiny. Your car must look very sinister in person; not a bad
compromise!
Old 02-21-2018 | 07:41 PM
SANDIEGO
Instructor

Here is it is in a regular black

Old 02-21-2018 | 09:40 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
... lol... Archie, is your touring black also?
Yup, black with platinum wheels, black leds and PCCB.
Old 02-21-2018 | 11:25 PM
Betelgeuse
Instructor

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Yup, black with platinum wheels, black leds and PCCB.
... platinum wheels should look fab... I was torn between platinum & standard. Finally decided on standard wheels since I also ordered the silver trim.
When are you expecting yours to arrive? Mine sometime from end of March to early April... we’ll see. Was also told by my SA that all the tourings
coming to the NE will be held in port for “further EPA testing” (doesn’t make any sense since it’s the same model without a wing)... go figure.
Looking forward to seeing some pics of yours.
Old 02-21-2018 | 11:30 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

I'm partial to Basalt Black. I was able to get it on my 2015 GT3 even though it was discontinued after the 2014 run because Porsche canceled my 2014 car due to the engine fires. So they made me one of one 2015's in Basalt. The reason I like Basalt is because it's metallic flake is more forgiving of dust and light dirt than regular black, which is more like mirror and really shows it. And I like Basalt better than Jet Black because sometimes in direct sunlight, the metallic in the Jet Black takes on a bluish hue, and makes the car actually look more like Midnight Blue. Here is my Basalt car, by the way. I've been thinking about selling it out of my collection, in anticipation of my A1 Black 991.2 GT3's arrival this summer. My Basalt car only has 650 miles on it. Letting it go will/would be hard, and I'm now thinking about just keeping both... JUST.. .NEED... MORE... SPACE !!!

Old 02-21-2018 | 11:43 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

... platinum wheels should look fab... I was torn between platinum & standard. Finally decided on standard wheels since I also ordered the silver trim.
When are you expecting yours to arrive? Mine sometime from end of March to early April... we’ll see. Was also told by my SA that all the tourings
coming to the NE will be held in port for “further EPA testing” (doesn’t make any sense since it’s the same model without a wing)... go figure.
Mine doesn't arrive until August, so I've got a long time to wait. My car will look just like this one.

Old 02-22-2018 | 12:05 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

It’s CARB approval. We have a thread for the prisoners here on Rennlist.
Old 02-22-2018 | 12:15 AM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Never been a fan of Platinum Satin wheels, that is until I saw this beauty the other day... They work perfectly with black.