Sponsored by:

GT3 Touring V200 Status!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 09:13 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GT3 Touring V200 Status!

Finally the long wait has become a shorter wait! Confirmed V200 status today for November delivery. Since I wont be able to get GBM anymore I decided on GT silver instead. Now weighing option between PEC Atlanta delivery for a nice driving vacation vs local delivery in Florida, any thoughts? Here's my build...

Link doesnt work properly so here's the code PJ6CNNF5

Last edited by oslermarine; 02-12-2018 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:17 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Congrats. Something wrong with that link though. What part of Florida?
Old 02-12-2018, 09:20 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Originally Posted by GT3
Congrats. Something wrong with that link though. What part of Florida?
Sarasota, Florida! Did you do the PEC delivery? If so share your itinerary since I plan to make it a 5 day vacation process if I elect to do it.

I reposted the link and tested it, should work now.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:25 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The lighter anthracite trim will make it unique and coorindate with the GT Silver.

Congrats!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:28 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by oslermarine
Sarasota, Florida! Did you do the PEC delivery? If so share your itinerary since I plan to make it a 5 day vacation process if I elect to do it.

I reposted the link and tested it, should work now.
You’re all the way on the other side. Thought about PEC, but decided to take delivery at dealer and have them transport the car to a local PPF shop. The way I drive, I don’t trust myself driving it around before getting full suntek ppf and ceramic coated (just under $5k for both, in case anyone is interested).
Old 02-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Finally the long wait has become a shorter wait! Confirmed V200 status today for November delivery. Since I wont be able to get GBM anymore I decided on GT silver instead. Now weighing option between PEC Atlanta delivery for a nice driving vacation vs local delivery in Florida, any thoughts? Here's my build...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ6CNNF5
Still linked to upenn.

But anyways, I am surprised that your build is 99% same as mine except light package. I didn't bother getting it.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:57 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ6CNNF5
If you take the trip to take delivery in Atlanta, you will never regret it. you will be able to actually experience what it's like to turn the steering wheel of a car in an actual curve at speed, something which is not possible in Florida.

just north of Atlanta are some of the very very best driving roads in the entire world,, it would be to a crime not to take your GT3 on roads that aren't straight at least once in its life. Go from PEC straight up hwy 400 until it ends about 45 minutes north of the city. There you have the most entertaining track-like roads which the world can offer.. plan to spend 2-3 days there breaking in your car while giggling uncontrollably.

When you're done with god's own twisty road playground, jam your steering wheel straight with a big stick, and point straight for Florida.

Or better, store your gt3 somewhere, and fly back up to Georgia to drive your car.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:04 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ascend
Still linked to upenn.

But anyways, I am surprised that your build is 99% same as mine except light package. I didn't bother getting it.
That's awesome lol, I had GBM until they decided to phase it out I changed the link to just the code. I should look into the light package to see if its worth it. Didn't have it on the GT4 before and I think it was just the footwell light missing
Old 02-12-2018, 10:05 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Originally Posted by CAlexio
If you take the trip to take delivery in Atlanta, you will never regret it. you will be able to actually experience what it's like to turn the steering wheel of a car in an actual curve at speed, something which is not possible in Florida.

just north of Atlanta are some of the very very best driving roads in the entire world,, it would be to a crime not to take your GT3 on roads that aren't straight at least once in its life. Go from PEC straight up hwy 400 until it ends about 45 minutes north of the city. There you have the most entertaining track-like roads which the world can offer.. plan to spend 2-3 days there breaking in your car while giggling uncontrollably.

When you're done with god's own twisty road playground, jam your steering wheel straight with a big stick, and point straight for Florida.

Or better, store your gt3 somewhere, and fly back up to Georgia to drive your car.
Sounds like a blast, yea I think we will do PEC unless work prevents me. Will get it PPF'd up in ATL. 5 day trip sounds like fun. Will need 2 days to PPF.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:06 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Originally Posted by GT3

You’re all the way on the other side. Thought about PEC, but decided to take delivery at dealer and have them transport the car to a local PPF shop. The way I drive, I don’t trust myself driving it around before getting full suntek ppf and ceramic coated (just under $5k for both, in case anyone is interested).
Yea if I do local delivery, I will have to arrange for courtesy delivery as I am moving from the Northeast to Florida in July.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:16 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

That's awesome lol, I had GBM until they decided to phase it out I changed the link to just the code. I should look into the light package to see if its worth it. Didn't have it on the GT4 before and I think it was just the footwell light missing
I'm trying to be cheap. If you have the means, I would get it.

Also, I don't have headlight cleaning system in exterior color as well. Debating if I should shell out $300 to make it not stand out.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:23 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

I'm trying to be cheap. If you have the means, I would get it.

Also, I don't have headlight cleaning system in exterior color as well. Debating if I should shell out $300 to make it not stand out.
Regarding the headlight cleaning cap, I could live with the chrome that's on the standard touring as it reflects the paint and is less noticeable but the black touring one just really stands out, after seeing a painted one in person, I just can't "unsee" the black one anymore. So it's going to cost $300 to treat my OCD.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Regarding the headlight cleaning cap, I could live with the chrome that's on the standard touring as it reflects the paint and is less noticeable but the black touring one just really stands out, after seeing a painted one in person, I just can't "unsee" the black one anymore. So it's going to cost $300 to treat my OCD.
Yup exact reason why Ive been debating about it. Donno why they just cant get rid of that stupid nipple
Old 02-12-2018, 10:37 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Wink

Yup exact reason why Ive been debating about it. Donno why they just cant get rid of that stupid nipple
Maybe we can find someone who has a chrome one to trade for our black one and save $300
Old 02-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Maybe we can find someone who has a chrome one to trade for our black one and save $300
I saw one youtuber put chrome PPF on the nipple to make it match.

Or look at this - https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/99X2HWNH.html

Just $25 each to replace it to chrome. I think I can live with chrome.

Quick Reply: GT3 Touring V200 Status!