Sponsored by:

GT3 manual a question

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 05:13 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
It works fine on track. It's only a little weird if you immediately change cars from one with a heavy clutch - takes a little time to acclimate. Otherwise, your muscle memory adapts (and then another car seems like its clutch is weirdly heavy when you change back).
Thanks Grant,

How fast does the revs build in the MT 991.2gt3? I always find that the hardest to get used to going from the 997.4.0 to my 996gt3. My 996gt3 has a LWF but still a massive difference from the 4.0
Old 02-12-2018, 05:38 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,127 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Thanks Grant,

How fast does the revs build in the MT 991.2gt3? I always find that the hardest to get used to going from the 997.4.0 to my 996gt3. My 996gt3 has a LWF but still a massive difference from the 4.0
This is also one of those things that is relative to what you are used to. Unfortunately, I don't have much seat time in either of those fine cars. Compared to my 73 2.7 RS replica with real RSR flywheel (very light), the difference is not that noticeable. For those who thought the 991 GT3 motor revs too easily to work well with Manual, this is clearly not true. It works very well and it's very easy to get used to - just takes a little adjustment if you are coming from a car that revs either faster or slower than it...

Because the redline is so high, it's gives you plenty of opportunity to "catch up" to the quick revving and make a shift in time.

If there was a LWFW option for the .2 GT3, this would be even more exciting (and I would have chosen it), but even with the dual mass flywheel it's very fun!
Old 02-12-2018, 06:16 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
This is also one of those things that is relative to what you are used to. Unfortunately, I don't have much seat time in either of those fine cars. Compared to my 73 2.7 RS replica with real RSR flywheel (very light), the difference is not that noticeable. For those who thought the 991 GT3 motor revs too easily to work well with Manual, this is clearly not true. It works very well and it's very easy to get used to - just takes a little adjustment if you are coming from a car that revs either faster or slower than it...

Because the redline is so high, it's gives you plenty of opportunity to "catch up" to the quick revving and make a shift in time.

If there was a LWFW option for the .2 GT3, this would be even more exciting (and I would have chosen it), but even with the dual mass flywheel it's very fun!
With the R, turning on sport button activated the blipshift, which even on upshifts helps massively with smoothing out a slow right hand. It Keeps the throttle hanging to help you complete a leisurely shift. Is this similar of an issue, or less important with gt3.2 which doesn't have the LWFW?
Old 02-12-2018, 06:36 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,127 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
With the R, turning on sport button activated the blipshift, which even on upshifts helps massively with smoothing out a slow right hand. It Keeps the throttle hanging to help you complete a leisurely shift. Is this similar of an issue, or less important with gt3.2 which doesn't have the LWFW?
I haven’t driven an R, so can’t say if it’s as pronounced. But yes, the Sport button does make a leisurely upshift smoother.

Quick Reply: GT3 manual a question