Sponsored by:

GT3RS 2018

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 08:23 AM
bucklesandrings
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GT3RS 2018

What are your thought on replacing 991.1 GT3 with GT3RS 2018?
Old 02-09-2018, 08:42 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 484 Likes on 194 Posts

do it. if you can get a .2GT3RS at MSRP or 20k$ above.
in every aspect i support this line above.

just if you are a track rat: then better spend the 100k$ difference on tires and coaching. will make you faster than the .2GT3RS purchase.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:40 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

I had a .1 GT3 and a .1 RS, I think the decision is a personal one that comes down to why you want the car and how much money you're willing to have tied up in it.

I'm with Jo_ker in that if the purpose of the car is mostly for track the .1 GT3 and the $100K is a better approach. I used my RS as a track car solely and at my level of wealth it was simply too expensive to REALLY enjoy in that manner. I believe firmly that the cost of the car and the worry about an off-track slowed me down. Thus the switch to the Radical - still pricey but much, much less expensive to repair.

If the car is for Cars and Coffee get the biggest, baddest, newest thing your wallet can afford.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:16 AM
bucklesandrings
Advanced

Originally Posted by tstafford
I had a .1 GT3 and a .1 RS, I think the decision is a personal one that comes down to why you want the car and how much money you're willing to have tied up in it.

I'm with Jo_ker in that if the purpose of the car is mostly for track the .1 GT3 and the $100K is a better approach. I used my RS as a track car solely and at my level of wealth it was simply too expensive to REALLY enjoy in that manner. I believe firmly that the cost of the car and the worry about an off-track slowed me down. Thus the switch to the Radical - still pricey but much, much less expensive to repair.

If the car is for Cars and Coffee get the biggest, baddest, newest thing your wallet can afford.
The crazy thing in South Africa is that if you track the car it voids your Motorplan! So the car is for road use only. I hear what you say about tying up so much money in a car you only use a few times a month. Still it is a joy to behold in your garage and typically one does not loose much especially if the kilometers are relatively low. So it is about the cost of insurance and the foregone interest earnings if you left the money in the bank. So much more fun though! The GT3 works well as a road car with decent comfort actually. I am wary of those bucket seats. As it is I have a wonky hip from a biking accident....

It is just that for once I am on the list and believe I can get one. It would be a pity somehow not to
Old 02-12-2018, 08:21 AM
bucklesandrings
Advanced

Originally Posted by jo_ker
do it. if you can get a .2GT3RS at MSRP or 20k$ above.
in every aspect i support this line above.

just if you are a track rat: then better spend the 100k$ difference on tires and coaching. will make you faster than the .2GT3RS purchase.
If I lived in Germany I would buy it like a shot. I would take it out at dawn and go 300 kph down the freeway and really get to enjoy that aero. In South Africa the speed limit is 120kph. Also: if you take the car on to the track your Motorplan is history!

Quick Reply: GT3RS 2018