Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do the cars get driven that they have 18-25 miles?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018 | 01:14 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Whoopsy, I would suspect the people in Germany where you dropped it off unless it was not shipped in transport mode. Do they put them back in transport mode for shipping after euro delivery?
The car was picked up by me at Leipzig and dropped off at the Porsche Zentrum Zuffenhausen. They told me I CANNOT return it there as it is on the loaner winter tires. Be me the rule breaker, I cut their red tape and had 918 Spyder Circle transport it back to Leipzig for them to be shipped back to me. The Spyder Circle people was with my car every step of the way so it wouldn't be them.

And yes, when it arrived back at my dealership it was in transport mode.

The car did spent almost 2 weeks 'stuck' at Canadian customs at the Halifax port.
Old 02-01-2018 | 03:37 AM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
When I took delivery of my 911R last year in Leipzig, it has 26km on the clock. I am not concerned about that.

But what I am concerned was that when it arrived back to my dealer after Euro delivery, it has mysteriously gained 30km. I know, cause I took a picture of the odometer before I leave my car.

More concerning was the g-meter reading, 0.87g braking, 0.91 acceleration, 0.66 and 0.7 g lateral. I purposefully reset the g-meter before I leave just so I know if my car was being driven aggressively.

Only explanation was that it was the yahoos at Customs took it for a joy ride. I ruled out Porsche right away, cause they know who the owner of the car is, and it's not like they haven't seen a 911R before.
How about paying for a "GT" car only to come back to the Dealer next day to meet the Hauler to load the car and the car had an additional 30 miles on it??? Talk about being pissed. The SA begged me not to go to the GM. This happened with my GT4 and I will leave it at that.
Old 02-01-2018 | 01:39 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
How about paying for a "GT" car only to come back to the Dealer next day to meet the Hauler to load the car and the car had an additional 30 miles on it??? Talk about being pissed. The SA begged me not to go to the GM. This happened with my GT4 and I will leave it at that.
Time to tell him that he WILL get you the next GT car and he WILL eat the ADM himself.

Thank god my dealer know me too well to try and pull stunts like that. I have a habit of showing up unannounced whatever hour it is just to look at my cars, be it on a hoist or in their parking area.

Quick Reply: Where do the cars get driven that they have 18-25 miles?