Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which is the best design?
Satin Black Wheels with Polished or Satin Aluminium Lip and Satin Stripes and Side Decals
17.65%
Retro with Chrome window trim and satin aluminium wheels and stripes/decals
50.98%
Satin Platinum Wheels with Satin Platinum stripes and side decals
29.41%
Hybrid combo on black exterior
1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

GT3T - Finalising the Design (with Renders)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018 | 04:58 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
Option 1 for me

Keep the R stripes as is

Side decals make them in silver to match the silver trim around windows or silver pinstripe around wheels

Go with base lights (non pdls) the reason i say this is because when you opt for silver trim around windows the rear lights are a little whiter in color, so this way both lights are the same whiteness if that makes sense

Let them do you a sketch with the above. I was thinking of doing the same on my current GT3 for the wheels but can't get myself to change yet from the gold
here it is
Old 01-26-2018 | 05:34 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

I don’t understand why people are not opting for the silver wheels with the silver trim. Best combo imo, but none of these threads even mention it as an option.
Old 01-26-2018 | 06:34 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

here it is
the 2 in the middle look ace! How do you like them?

I have a great idea and was going to do it if i order me a touring but i am not as i am keeping my .2

If you want to find out PM me it will be very original and easy to do

PS the base lights look so much better... i wish my car did not have the LEDs now
Old 02-15-2018 | 03:18 AM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

OP, what did you land on?

I'm in the same boat trying to decide on what to spec with black (paint) touring. I've think I've landed on base lights and base wheels. And I thought I was 100% going with black trim, but the pics posted in this thread and others have me second guessing.
Old 02-15-2018 | 03:30 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

It will depend if porsche can finish the lip of the wheels in a high polish finish. If they can going with something between these two. Definitely will match side decal colour with the satin stripes.
Old 02-15-2018 | 03:40 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Considering PCCBs, Front Lift, Carbon mirrors, carbon interior, smokers back, Bose, illuminated door sills, carbon shifter, LWBS, full leather and yellow stitching, but debating because it pushes the price up quite a bit and I might want to sell it back through the Dealer a few months later for the 3RS.

I may need to go less option heavy and, if so, will likely go with just front lift, smokers pack, Bose, carbon interior, LWBS, Standard or red stitching and full leather.

Are PCCBs important for resale on a car like the touring? I know front lift is a must.
Old 02-15-2018 | 04:30 AM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Hope you get the polished lip. Love the side strip in the first render but like the sport classic black strip of the second...I'll be doing silver side stripes as well to match the base silver wheels.

As for pccb, I don't think it will hurt much if at all as the car will probably sell at msrp or % relative to msrp. But hopefully you're building the car for yourself since you're putting so much thought into it. For me, pccb's really fit the ethos of the touring.

Quick Reply: GT3T - Finalising the Design (with Renders)