Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To Remove Bumper Trim, Lower Lip and Washer Nozzles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 11:32 PM
JoshVette
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How To Remove Bumper Trim, Lower Lip and Washer Nozzles?

2018 GT3

Anyone know if the front bumper "L" shaped, black trim pieces on each side just under the fog lights are simple to remove? Is it just held in by clips?

Also what about those pesky spray nozzles just under the headlights? do they pop of or twist and pull?

And does the lower front lip come off by just removing the screws under it and in the wheel wells?

I'm having protection film installed and want it all to be as hidden as possible.

TIA Josh
The following users liked this post:
Berjar (07-10-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 06:57 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshVette
2018 GT3

Anyone know if the front bumper "L" shaped, black trim pieces on each side just under the fog lights are simple to remove? Is it just held in by clips?

Also what about those pesky spray nozzles just under the headlights? do they pop of or twist and pull?

And does the lower front lip come off by just removing the screws under it and in the wheel wells?

I'm having protection film installed and want it all to be as hidden as possible.

TIA Josh

Bump for this question. One of my grills on my front bumper popped out (odd) and the only way I can put it in is to remove the front number clip to access the frame which holds the grill in place. There are a couple of clips that hold the bumper cover to the fenders…how do you access/ remove…with what tool?. I saw a guy on you tube do it but he rushes over that part and I can’t see what the heck he does. Thank you all.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:57 AM
rob944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 153 Posts

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I believe the black plastic trim near the radiator intakes can only be removed with the entire front bumper being removed. To do that I have heard the front wheels need to come off.
Old 07-08-2021, 12:59 PM
5280_GT3
Instructor

Received 241 Likes on 84 Posts

The lower plastic lip is held in place by screws (all accessible) and little tabs. The "L" pieces that go in to the wheel well are held in place by double sided tape. You should be able to get the whole thing off in a matter of minutes.

If memory serves (I've only had front bumper off once) the washer nozzles are part of the bumper and need to be disconnected from lines on the back side as you're pulling bumper off.

Old 07-09-2021, 12:01 AM
wtforce
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres a pretty decent video on what you might be looking for. If the L shape trim pieces youre talking about are the ones below the daytime LEDs then it seems like you might have to take off the bumper to access them. You dont have to take off the front wheels like they did in the video but it does help by giving you more room to work with. Ive done the full front bumper removal to replace my steering wheel horn before.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:08 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by rob944s2
I would like to know the answer to this as well. I believe the black plastic trim near the radiator intakes can only be removed with the entire front bumper being removed. To do that I have heard the front wheels need to come off.

Having now just done this, I can tell you that bumper cover removal is a must to get grill out. It comes off on one piece and is pretty intuitive once you start. No wheel or spoiler lip removal required ….screws as you see them under the car and then a couple of key ones in the wheel wells which require pulling the wheel liner back (but don’t remove it) to access, with the trickiest bolts being right beside the amber running lights screwed up-down.

Two clips you pull out with a hook pick screw driver in the frunk each side after you take out that trim - you’ll see the hole to hook when you look sideways..pulls out pretty easy.

You only have to disconnect the hose on the drivers side feeding the headlight sprayers and one electrical multi port connection on the passenger side which serves to feed the indicator lights and a temperature sensor which you’ll need a small screw driver to gently pry up…then it easily slips off.

Have a tub to store all your screws and clips and a blanket on the floor for receipt of the bumper cover.

On the back of the bumper you’ll see the retention frame that holds the mesh against the bumper. The key here is to remove the four small torx screws at the top of frame and two prinickity clips on the right which will allow the boomerang trim to come out and give you the gap required to remove or replace the grill.

I was amazed at how well the car fits back together not having to force any clip or connection…and reused all my screws and clips…(thankfully). A job for sure but with patience..not difficult. Next time around will take me half the time.
Old 07-10-2021, 10:39 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

The vertical clips slide out easily with a hooked pick

Quick Reply: How To Remove Bumper Trim, Lower Lip and Washer Nozzles?