991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody buy or sell a 911R recently?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 01:53 PM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, all I can say is I can't wait to drive the R! CJ and his team have come through yet again and helped me locate one. After reading this entire thread (including all the arguing ) I can say that it has only reinforced my decision to get into one. It's gotta be good with all the controversy! Unfortunately I'm having to give up the RS in the short term to get it in order to juggle the money around but I sort of feel the timing is right for the spec I've been looking for. However, I am extremely disappointed to leave the RS to the point it leaves a bad feeling in my gut every time I think about it. I absolutely love how sure footed it is along with all the sounds and power along with the fact that it was my first ever 911. However, I undoubtedly will be back into an RS (.1 again if i can't get a .2) within the year. The RS is just too much of a great car not to have in the garage!
Old 04-23-2018, 01:57 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by 17bhub
Well, all I can say is I can't wait to drive the R! CJ and his team have come through yet again and helped me locate one. After reading this entire thread (including all the arguing ) I can say that it has only reinforced my decision to get into one. It's gotta be good with all the controversy! Unfortunately I'm having to give up the RS in the short term to get it in order to juggle the money around but I sort of feel the timing is right for the spec I've been looking for. However, I am extremely disappointed to leave the RS to the point it leaves a bad feeling in my gut every time I think about it. I absolutely love how sure footed it is along with all the sounds and power along with the fact that it was my first ever 911. However, I undoubtedly will be back into an RS (.1 again if i can't get a .2) within the year. The RS is just too much of a great car not to have in the garage!
All I can say is if the deal gets done, post pics and your impressions! I don't have an R, but I don't need one to appreciate what Porsche did with that car.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:08 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Congrats!- can you share any details of the car / deal?

We're all curious to know where they are really trading.

tx
Old 04-23-2018, 04:48 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A nice spec came through and sold in my local dealer. Was told it moved for low $380's to an out of state party. On a recent visit when I was in to change a build spec on my .2, the R was unlocked and got some showroom seat time in it to more closely inspect. Made me wish R/Touring interior were options on std GT3. Unfortunately sale # info was not from SM/GM, just what a fleet maintenance employee had heard around dealer. Not sure how valuable that is, but he seemed pretty quick and confident in his response.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 540 Posts

I am biased but your RS is one bad **** spec!
Old 04-23-2018, 07:03 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Congratulations. Cannot wait for your response how you will like the "R." I just unloaded my Lava Orange 991.1 GT3RS as I have a 991.2 GT3RS incoming this year around September.

I would not have unloaded my 991.1 GT3RS if I wasn't getting the 991.2 GT3RS. I fully agree the 991.1 GT3RS is one heck of a PORSCHE GT car.

As we all know and as records are continuously being improved on performance, PORSCHE always delivers what we like, need, and want.

"PORSCHE, there is no substitute,"

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Old 04-23-2018, 08:32 PM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I am biased but your RS is one bad **** spec!
LOL JT - I'll keep your spec treatment a secret! Haven't seen that interior and exterior special request on any of the RS' yet and I think that made it a special build. Going to miss that Ride!
Old 04-23-2018, 08:40 PM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

I'll keep you all posted - super excited! I'll share the details if ok with other parties involved when appropriate.
CJ assures me I will not be disappointed. Damn car sales guys!
Old 04-23-2018, 08:54 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Congratulations. Cannot wait for your response how you will like the "R." I just unloaded my Lava Orange 991.1 GT3RS as I have a 991.2 GT3RS incoming this year around September.

I would not have unloaded my 991.1 GT3RS if I wasn't getting the 991.2 GT3RS. I fully agree the 991.1 GT3RS is one heck of a PORSCHE GT car.

As we all know and as records are continuously being improved on performance, PORSCHE always delivers what we like, need, and want.

"PORSCHE, there is no substitute,"

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
amgfan hey man !

Do you have any Porsche contacts for me in Chicago?

Old 04-23-2018, 09:02 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

OMG are you converting to PORSCHE now???

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Outlaw

amgfan hey man !

Do you have any Porsche contacts for me in Chicago?

Old 04-23-2018, 09:07 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

I'll keep you all posted - super excited! I'll share the details if ok with other parties involved when appropriate.
CJ assures me I will not be disappointed. Damn car sales guys!

Congrats man! It really is a special club...I know there isn't another car that does it for me the way the R does that doesn't have "Singer" on the back...
Old 04-25-2018, 12:03 PM
DJM48
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats 17bhub. You will not regret it.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:23 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts
Default 911R highlighted in Cars.com ad

Pretty funny moment today.. i clicked on CNN.COM video, a an ad from cars.com complete with a voiceover goes: "come to cars.com for all the best deals.. check out this deal on this great Porsche coupe!"... i almost bent over laughing.. but luckily had the composure to take a screen shot.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:53 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,710 Likes on 509 Posts

Ok so I'll post pics and further details when I get her home in a couple of weeks, but I struck a deal on an R today.

174 mile car, white/red stripes, black side decals, silver wheels, tarpan buckets, $210k sticker, no CXX, just all the vital options and a few more including ext range tank, SMF, axle lift, AC, chrono, Bose, PCM/nav, black leds.

Basically identical to this one:

My search started not too long ago by posting a WTB thread in the RL classifieds section. https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-991-911r.html I got many people reaching out to me, some owners, some brokers, and a couple of dealers. The first thing I learned is that there are a lot more available cars out there than appears through searching generic internet database websites like autotrader, cargurus, and eBay. I don't want to give the appearance that there's a lot of owners trying to dump their cars because that's not the case, but there are a lot of owners that are willing to sell their cars at what they deem the right price. In short, if you do want one of these cars, you need to let it be known so that people can reach out to you, and if you do that you will discover that there are several non advertised Rs ... in my case I was pointed to about 20 that aren't on the market ... and there are probably many more that are out there unaware that I was looking for one.

Once you start going through what is available both privately and publicly you have discard the cars that don't have the must have options you desire. In my case buckets, stripes, SMF, AC, and no funky outlier color combos were must haves, and that eliminated about half of the available vehicles. (side note, if you care about such things, which I willingly admit do, no stripes, sofas, and DMFW are resale killers) Then there were several vehicles that had too many options for my liking, especially CXX options. Sometimes they were elegant sometimes not, but in all cases I took CXX options out of my calculations when deciding on an offer price ... I thought that's fine for the first owner to pay for but I don't want to pay for their personalizations. In any case, high stickers because of CXX were also eliminated from the pot. Then there were higher mile cars. It seems silly but there is a big price difference between delivery mile cars, sub 200 ultra low mile cars, over 500 mile cars, and over 1000 mile cars. As my criteria was to be below 500 miles that also eliminated several cars. And then there are the sellers, be they individuals or be they dealerships. There you get a wide range of price expectations ... there are several people who either truly believe that their car is worth $150k to $200k over msrp and will only sell at that price presumably not caring if they have to wait the market out several years for prices to rebound to where they were after the car was released, and others are simply detached from reality. That took several more cars out of the pot. There are some cars out there that have a valid argument for a slightly higher premium, as in black or other non white/silver cars with the correct stripes. There some reasonable owners selling those but for the most part those who offer those cars believe that black is the most important thing in the world that warrants a $30k premium.

This is all to say that finding a low mileage car, with all the right options but not over the top, in the correct color, and sold by a reasonable owner is very difficult to say the least ... in fact I had all but given up my search in frustration when a very kind RL member who had contacted me about their own car but couldn't come to an agreement on it, pointed me to someone he knew that was also thinking of selling theirs, and that's the one I bought today. It was the only sub 200 mile car in the whole pool of available Rs that matched all my criteria.

The price I paid for it is exactly what I had proposed on my WTB thread, $125k over sticker, so $335k. On today's date, I consider this a fair deal for both sides, and not one that heavily favors either party.

Me posting this is going to upset a few people and dealerships, namely those who think that their R is worth much much more and have advertised their R accordingly, many with a lot less options and a lot more miles than the one I bought. I don't post my experiences and results for their benefit, nor for my own for that matter because it would behoove me to say nothing and in the process sustain the appearance that prices are higher than what I paid. I post all this info because it's the right thing to do, and because this community has helped me with info on many occasions, has helped me sell my own cars, and helped me locate this one. It might also upset a few folks that are hoping that prices would be lower than this by now. All that said, it doesn't mean that my price point will move the needle ... there's not many of these cars around so price trends are difficult to gage and predict. In my opinion now that the Touring is out all the info is built into the pricing and given that it is such a wonderful and limited car, prices are as low and as stable as they're going to be. But that's just my individual interpretation of the market that I backed up with my funds, but I could easily be wrong and the prices keep trending downwards, or I could be wrong and I just got a random good deal that will be difficult for someone else to replicate. I just don't know what's going to happen, but I'm happy to share with you what just happened. Now that I made my purchase I'm not going to think about that any more until it's time to sell, in the meantime it's driving time.

Hope that was useful to some people.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 540 Posts

Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: Anybody buy or sell a 911R recently?