Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow stitching

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018 | 11:32 AM
rm21
Rennlist Member

Default Yellow stitching

Picking up my GT3 with yellow stitching at PEC in Atlanta. Stitching looks great but they screwed up dash which has silver. They are going to address the mistake, but it is a bit of a downer. Here is pic of area that has the yellow. Will send more photos later. No stripe on seat!
Attached Images   
Old 01-10-2018 | 11:36 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

sorry to hear about mistake
see if they can replace the dash at PEC center when it is done as their mechanics are top notch. I will trust them more than a dealer
Old 01-10-2018 | 11:39 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

That's some mistake....how did someone miss that?
Old 01-10-2018 | 11:52 AM
Akunob
Race Car

What a bummer, sorry about that. Does that mean there's an owner out there with silver stitched interior and a yellow stitched dash?! I second having PEC - ATL correct it.
Old 01-10-2018 | 11:58 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Yellow stitching looks killer and the seat stripe delete is great. I have same stitching option on mine, very excited.
Old 01-10-2018 | 12:07 PM
FORENN
Banned

This is the second 1.2 GT3 we've seen where yellow stitching was ordered but one portion of the leather showed up with standard silver stitching. Someone posted a photo on RL a couple of months back or so -- maybe someone remembers the thread and can post a link?. I also paid the extra $3500 for yellow stitching and now, after seeing two cars with this problem, I'm officially concerned.
Old 01-10-2018 | 01:19 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Rich, congrats! Hopefully they get the dash fixed quickly. I also ordered yellow stitching. So I guess this answers the stripe on the seat. You didn't cxx the seats?
Old 01-10-2018 | 01:28 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Nice! Mine is same, about to dock in Houston today, hope the dash isn't silver, ugh. Though with the weather here I don't mind letting it sit at the dealer for a few wks.
Old 01-10-2018 | 04:12 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Looks good! I was hoping to see photos with yellow stitching. Thinking about doing that with my order. But didn't know if it was too loud or not. Thanks.

Very strange about the silver stitching on the dash. Someone at Porsche must be color blind... You'd think they'd ask themselves why the car has two different colors of stitching when they went to install.
Old 01-10-2018 | 04:35 PM
sgnl05
Advanced

Originally Posted by rm21
Picking up my GT3 with yellow stitching at PEC in Atlanta. Stitching looks great but they screwed up dash which has silver. They are going to address the mistake, but it is a bit of a downer. Here is pic of area that has the yellow. Will send more photos later. No stripe on seat!
Two questions.
1. Is the rear tunnel GT3 stitch also yellow?
2. If manual, is the shift boot also yellow?

In theory, those are supposed to be yellow as well so maybe this is more of a request for some additional pictures. In any case, the yellow looks great.

Thank you.
Old 01-10-2018 | 04:50 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Dang Rich! Sorry to hear, but congrats on the car!
Old 01-10-2018 | 05:37 PM
SKY57
Instructor

Wish it is a simple fix.
I ordered the same option and hope they don't mess up on mine......
Congrats on the new car.
Old 01-10-2018 | 06:06 PM
rm21
Rennlist Member

To answer a few of the questions - no, I didn't do any cxx options. Everything is yellow except the top of dash and side panels on the dash that you can only see when you open the door. The latter is an easy fix, since they pop right off. I hope they find the colorblind employee. I remember seeing that other post with the same issue earlier in the year, but never suspected it would happen to me as well.

Some other observations from my brief time with the car. I really like the stock wheels. They aren't that shiny, so I'm glad I didn't pay extra to get the matte finish, which always seems more porous to me and harder to keep clean. They should be a nice contrast when I get the stealth wrap on the car. I already added my yellow tape on the steering wheel - wish they would just offer that as an option on the leather wheel. The thickness of the steering wheel was a bit less than I was expecting compared to my .1. Might just be a distorted memory. I was disappointed to see that the center speaker stitching is still a small circle, rather than the entire center panel, as depicted in the configurator. I've asked Porsche to see what they can do about that, given their screw up. If there isn't an option, I may put a stock panel in with no stitching, since I hate the circle. Driving the .2 at PEC was great, but not quite the same as Road Atlanta or VIR. The demo car felt great, with clearly increased midrange torque and less understeer than the last generation. I'm going to try and keep it relatively close to stock for the foreseeable future, since I still haven't locked down what car I want to use as my primary track car.

Here are the next steps for the car. Detailed Designs already picked it up at PEC in their enclosed trailer. They'll have it for two weeks and are delivering it to my All Pro Window Tinting, who will do the clearplex and tint. From there, ACI motorsports will pick it up and install the speed yellow BBi half cage, harnesses, SRF and confirm it has a decent alignment. Hopefully the dash will be in at that point so I can have it addressed at the dealer right after I get the car back. We're going to do a drive down to St Pete for the grand prix, to get some miles on the car, and it should then be ready for its first track event in March.

As many other folks have noted, the PEC experience is first class. Aside from the stitching mix-up, the experience was terrific. My instructor spent the previous evening watching all my track videos so he knew we could dive right in at a decent pace. We had a great time talking track stuff. If you haven't done it, it is worth trying at least once. I got lucky and got my order in while it was still a no-cost option, but it is probably still worth it, even with the extra charge.

Here are some better photos of the car, and a few so-so shots of the stitching issue. Cheers.

Old 01-10-2018 | 07:04 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

I am gobsmacked that 'quality control' would allow the car out of the factory with such a discrepancy in the color of the stitching. I'm sure it'll be fixed 100% to your satisfaction though. And I agree with you on the stitching 'circle' around the dash centre speaker; I mean why bother?
Old 01-10-2018 | 07:35 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

No pics of the headrests - been curious what comes on them in a car with yellow stitching... Thanks! You are welcome back to smokies any time now that you own a GT car again. Congrats on the car!

Quick Reply: Yellow stitching