Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 01:08 AM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by beamon
Buy the GRP exhaust...tips will be black again, will be much bigger, fill the exhaust outlet better, and it will sound better too!
Amen to this! If you’re interested let me know!!!
Old 10-31-2019, 05:51 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Why not? Because its been my experience with Porsche Service advisors, that you need to pick your fights. If you start nit picking, then when you have a
problem that falls in the grey area you may have to pay for it. I have had 6 911s 5 from new(3 GT cars). I had a 996 GT3 that had the rear main seal leak. While that was easily
replaced under warranty, I used the occasion to replace the dual mass flywheel with light weight flywheel. I only had to pay for the parts. Because I was
always complimentary and never over used my warranty they didn't even charge me for the extra hour it took them to install my parts.
There will come a time where the service manager may have to draw a line on something and its always
better to stay in their good graces. For instance the most recent example is I hit a bump with a coffee in the cup holder. Even with a lid on a small amount of the coffee spilled on the AC panel and gummed up the AC switch the fan switch etc etc even the sun roof switch (on a 50th anniversary). They fixed it but made me pay for it. $2500.
When I got it back the sport plus button didn't work. They wanted me to pay for that too, but I said it worked before and it was result of the work.
So I was able to get them to pay for it, using one of my silver bullets, and you never know how many of those you have.
I know GT3 owners who have had their service guy in their pocket the whole time, and they tracked and modified and always had the backing of their service guy. I know other
owners that did a DE event one time and then had their whole warranty voided.
The point is your'e pretty much at their mercy and they have the advantage of getting to interpret the warranty the way they want to read it. So if you start getting exhaust tips
replace because of a color chip that will soon be covered with soot, and then down the line you REALLY need something the coin toss may not come up the way you want.
Its always up to each individual and owner, but its always been my experience (ESPECIALLY with these GT cars, where tracking and aggressive driving comes in to play) to keep the
service manager HAPPY, so that you can get what you need when you need it. Just experience I have had with these people. Take it with a grain of salt.
Good advice. I have a whole bunch of problems on my car that is just over one year old ('18 Panamera) and I've just been told that my black tailpipes will not be covered under warranty. Here is a picture after 6 months of ownership.... the tips are all back on the inside by now. I will pick my battles with the other issues that I am waiting on and am really suprised about all of the QC issues that I have expierenced so far along with the delayed responses from the dealer.

-- Mike

Inside tips on both sides chipped & rusted after 6 months of new ownership.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Not OCD, are you ? You realize when you start up the car, the carbon will turn the entire inside black. Might take a few seconds, but all will be black. IMHO lots more to be concerned with in life, this isn’t it.
I know
I was guessing this thread was advice on how I could keep mine clean through all the soot of driving

New tips is a great solution, that is very good service by Porsche

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Exhaust Tip Question