Rennlist Member

Received 4,079 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Build baby build!!!
Old 12-23-2017, 12:05 PM
scb997
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
Got a message from my SA yesterday saying my mid-Feb delivery has been pushed up to late-Jan delivery. Seems cars are being built faster than expected!
I checked with my Sales Associate. My GT3T was supposed to lock a couple of weeks ago, be built in mid-January, and be delivered early March. The current status is that nothing has changed

Is it possible that they're pulling non-Touring ahead of Touring because of the EPA snafu? That would explain some winged cars coming early...
Old 12-23-2017, 01:01 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by DMoore
I was told exactly the same thing by my dealer, the GT3T is also being delayed. The Panamera Sport Turismo isn't a new model -- it's a Panamera with a different roof line. The GT3 Touring isn't a new model -- it's a GT3 with a different option package. BUT because each model has a new name, the government is choosing to treat each as a whole new model. I can only conclude (my SA agrees) that this is simply part of the aftermath of the great VW Dieselgate affair. The government now distrusts all VW products so much that they're examining every one under a microscope.

I was shown a list of Porsche cars and their current certification status, and neither the Sport Turismo nor the GT3 Touring are EPA or CARB certified. Since your car is coming into a California port, I assume you're in California. I was told March for EPA certification only; April for EPA + CARB. So if you're not in California you might save a month on the delay. But if you live in California you're in for a delay. I've no idea what sort of delays are expected for the GT3T, but if I had to guess I'd guess it will be comparable to what I'm facing.

Sucks.

DMoore
'15 GT3
'16 RS7
'18 Panamera Turbo ST... some day... I hope...
I just spoke to my SA, and he says the GT3 Touring is EPA certified, and that the CARB certification usually comes within a month. He says it may only be delayed by about a month, which still sucks, but nothing like 3-4 months. I do live in California.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:01 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Humm.

I need to check, I don’t want my baby sitting at the port.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:10 PM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by scb997
I checked with my Sales Associate. My GT3T was supposed to lock a couple of weeks ago, be built in mid-January, and be delivered early March. The current status is that nothing has changed

Is it possible that they're pulling non-Touring ahead of Touring because of the EPA snafu? That would explain some winged cars coming early...

what is that?
thanks.
i am supposed to be April build, manual, PTS.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by italiafan

what is that?
thanks.
i am supposed to be April build, manual, PTS.
It's just that the feds consider the Touring a separate model, so it has to be certified. My SA confirmed (and showed me documentation) that it has been certified by the EPA, but now needs to be certified by CARB (California Air Resources Board), which a number of other states follow. The other states are Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, and DC. He said that should take a month from EPA certification, so probably soon.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

just finished the paperwork on mine, getting a track wrap will pick next month. it came in early. was projected for april. 3 came in charlotte, including an oslo blue. so i think they will hit sooner than later.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:05 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

So my GT3 went into production 12/19 per the Porsche tracking system. What began as an expected 4/18 production (PTS 226 Linden green) moved to 1/18 and now is in production about 4 months earlier than expected.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:19 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
just finished the paperwork on mine, getting a track wrap will pick next month. it came in early. was projected for april. 3 came in charlotte, including an oslo blue. so i think they will hit sooner than later.
Congrats again! The Oslo blue is a VIP customer car
Old 12-24-2017, 12:40 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Overall mine is just over a month early (in Davisville New Years Eve, original date early Feb) but will sit because of CARB.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:30 AM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris88
It's just that the feds consider the Touring a separate model, so it has to be certified. My SA confirmed (and showed me documentation) that it has been certified by the EPA, but now needs to be certified by CARB (California Air Resources Board), which a number of other states follow. The other states are Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, and DC. He said that should take a month from EPA certification, so probably soon.
thanks!
luckily I am in Florida where they don't even inspect cars...you should see some of the junk rolling these streets.
not to mention rednecks "rolling coal."
Old 12-26-2017, 12:10 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 296 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
So my GT3 went into production 12/19 per the Porsche tracking system. What began as an expected 4/18 production (PTS 226 Linden green) moved to 1/18 and now is in production about 4 months earlier than expected.
That’s great. I’m April production and told it should lock it January. I’m mentally prepared for it to arrive in May/June, but hope it arrives a bit sooner...
Old 12-26-2017, 12:20 PM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by italiafan

thanks!
luckily I am in Florida where they don't even inspect cars...you should see some of the junk rolling these streets.
not to mention rednecks "rolling coal."
Exactly! Flori-DAH. LOL

Quick Reply: GT3s are coming in early...