Sponsored by:

longer term loan for GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 09:36 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce
Frigging hilarious these brokedicks running around in their tenuously borrowed brand new Porsches, and always using the "maximize cash flow" argument like they're Warren Buffet or something. if you need a mortgage to buy this car you need to adjust your pricepoint down.

You sound like a total Dick You must surely drive a Porsche. You fit the stereotype perfectly. I cant stand people who have a few bucks and think they are better than other people.

They OP cant afford the car outright. If he can budget it with a low interest loan good for him.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:43 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Alright so clearly my brand if humor and sarcasm has not resonated well in text form. I did really have a message in there, so let me rephrase it in a way that's less "dick"sounding.

I came from nothing. I spent lots of years broke. The best way to not be in that situation is to live within your means, and if that means buying an older used Porsche or other car, then that is what it means. When your car purchase doesn't fit within normal CAR financing parameters and starts to resemble a mortgage, then you need to reconsider your ability to truly afford the car.

I live in the Newport Beach / Laguna beach area. Throw a rock and hit a 488GTB / Wraith / Continental GT / nameless supercar. Most of these are driven by people who can barely afford them and spend ridiculous money each month to lease or "buy" (and I use the term loosely) so they can keep up airs. Usually, they will justify this "purchase" by claiming a variety of smart sounding financial reasons as to why they can't just buy the car outright.

Sorry if I sounded douchey but I hate to see someone go down a road to ruin.

Oh, and you HAVE TO BE RICH to drive a 225K car. If you don't consider yourself rich, you probably shouldn't have the car.

My $.02
Old 12-22-2017, 10:20 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce
Alright so clearly my brand if humor and sarcasm has not resonated well in text form. I did really have a message in there, so let me rephrase it in a way that's less "dick"sounding.

I came from nothing. I spent lots of years broke. The best way to not be in that situation is to live within your means, and if that means buying an older used Porsche or other car, then that is what it means. When your car purchase doesn't fit within normal CAR financing parameters and starts to resemble a mortgage, then you need to reconsider your ability to truly afford the car.

I live in the Newport Beach / Laguna beach area. Throw a rock and hit a 488GTB / Wraith / Continental GT / nameless supercar. Most of these are driven by people who can barely afford them and spend ridiculous money each month to lease or "buy" (and I use the term loosely) so they can keep up airs. Usually, they will justify this "purchase" by claiming a variety of smart sounding financial reasons as to why they can't just buy the car outright.

Sorry if I sounded douchey but I hate to see someone go down a road to ruin.

Oh, and you HAVE TO BE RICH to drive a 225K car. If you don't consider yourself rich, you probably shouldn't have the car.

My $.02
The whole US economy runs on borrowed money. What percentage of people own their homes outright, even in wealthy Laguna Beach? In many countries outside of US, if you have a home, you likely paid cash. If you got a car, you paid cash. Frankly, letting people borrow to "own" a home and car is what keeps this economy and workforce going. People are working hard to pay their debt, mortgage or rent. Without it, laziness will kick in.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:01 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

In total agreement with Catorce. While growing up my parents had a friend who leased his 380. He was a posturing piece of garbage.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

I also have to agree with Catorce. Luxury items should NEVER be bought if you cannot afford to buy them outright.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:17 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Whats the definition of “Rich” anyways nowadays. I consider myself well off but still get up and go to work 6 days a week.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:21 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 283 Posts

everyone is rich these days. but very few people have a "net worth" that is rich.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:23 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 613 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Golden Boy

You sound like a total Dick You must surely drive a Porsche. You fit the stereotype perfectly. I cant stand people who have a few bucks and think they are better than other people.

They OP cant afford the car outright. If he can budget it with a low interest loan good for him.
right, a low interest loan for 10 years. sure. go budget it.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:44 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
right, a low interest loan for 10 years. sure. go budget it.

i didnt mean 10 year loans. If the guy is buying a gt3 with say 1/2 down. A 2% loan for 36/48 months. If original post was for a 10yr loan. Everyone saying not to buy it is 100% right.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:47 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
Whats the definition of “Rich” anyways nowadays. I consider myself well off but still get up and go to work 6 days a week.
It's all relative, but I think if you can afford a 200K car most Americans will agree that you are rich.

Financing is one thing, but I really don't see how anyone would stretch their budget to get a GT3. You guys make it look like OP was really asking for a 30-year mortgage. If you have to stretch the budget (i. e. live in a small apartment with your large family just so you can make payments), I agree, you shouldn't buy a GT3. I, for one, financed, and I do not have to stretch my budget (my monthly credit card bill is 4 times my GT3 payment).

..and yes, hate posers and show offs, and some of them are really rich!
Old 12-23-2017, 12:03 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101
The whole US economy runs on borrowed money. What percentage of people own their homes outright, even in wealthy Laguna Beach? In many countries outside of US, if you have a home, you likely paid cash. If you got a car, you paid cash. Frankly, letting people borrow to "own" a home and car is what keeps this economy and workforce going. People are working hard to pay their debt, mortgage or rent. Without it, laziness will kick in.

there is a diffeerence in financing an asset that is appreciating (hopefully) and has some tax advantages to it- aka mortgage interest write off and financing a depreciating asset such as a car.

catorce is right on th money with his advice.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:05 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gago1101

..and yes, hate posers and show offs, and some of them are really rich!
Well- they want you to think they are....but one truly never knows.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:07 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 120 Posts

Meh my RS appreciated more than my house has - consider both write offs

Internet finance advice - value it as much as you have paid to get it.....
Old 12-23-2017, 12:37 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Meh my RS appreciated more than my house has - consider both write offs

Internet finance advice - value it as much as you have paid to get it.....
You bought the wrong house.i own an rs

rs- selling for 0-10k over sticker.

my house- in the past two years has appreciated many times more.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:42 AM
Golden Boy
Pro

Ok. Agree to disagree. Guy can finance his gt3 over 100 years for all i care.

In regards to rich and net worth

my “net worth” and really meaning net is into the 8 figures and I don’t consider myself “rich”. Just a working sucker as of now. 6 days per week at work. And my day off is mentally consumed thinking about work. (When sober and or not on a backroad or track lol) Hoping to be in the 9 figure area in the next 5 to 10 years. Maybe then i will be satisfied and consider myself “rich”

OP. Do whatever you want. You should live for yourself not others.

Quick Reply: longer term loan for GT3