Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts

Another...
Old 04-03-2018, 04:06 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
Found this today on IG. This was the only blue that would have trumped my green. Was told in December it was not available. Someone messed up. For what it’s worth, color code is W60. Not gonna lie, I’m a little jealous. Maybe next time....

I see this car all the time. It belongs to the owner of Gaudin Porsche. It's incredible in person. I tried to buy it but it seems he's keeping it for now. He also has a 911R. I think he was able to do the color as a 918 owner.

I ended up with a Chalk GT3. Gaudin really is a class act. Love this color though.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:43 AM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by italiafan

Arena Red Metallic on my GT3 M6.
Simply stunning! One of the best looking reds IMHO!
Old 04-03-2018, 10:03 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spydersmiley
Simply stunning! One of the best looking reds IMHO!
Totally agree.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:06 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
Found this today on IG. This was the only blue that would have trumped my green. Was told in December it was not available. Someone messed up. For what it’s worth, color code is W60. Not gonna lie, I’m a little jealous. Maybe next time....

Maybe my favorite Porsche blue. Per Yana at PCNA, Club Blau is available via PTS to anyone (well, anyone who is somehow able to get PTS approved, that is), it's just not on the list. Very surprised to see PCCBs were not optioned on this spec.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:15 PM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Maybe my favorite Porsche blue. Per Yana at PCNA, Club Blau is available via PTS to anyone (well, anyone who is somehow able to get PTS approved, that is), it's just not on the list. Very surprised to see PCCBs were not optioned on this spec.
The owner seems to not like PCCB. His 911R has the red brakes also.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:29 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts
Default Love at first sight...Slate Grey

From the moment I once laid my eyes on an old but pristine Slate Grey (615) Porsche 356, I knew that I’d own one someday. Well, as fate would have it (and literally hundreds of calls and countless hours spent trying to buy a 911R and lately a 991.2 GT3), I finally made the leap last week.

Got a call on the car before it even hit the ground, and immediately put deposit down. Did I pay a premium? You bet, $20k over. Do I feel good about paying this much over MSRP. Not one bit. But in the end, Porsche won the battle. ( After what I went through with PTS build, I almost left the brand.) Tired of incessantly talking about PTS, ADMs, CXX, leather, headlights, trim, wing, touring, BLAH BLAH BLAH. Time to start driving again.

About a month into the process now, and the car’s being delivered (as it came off the boat) direct to my boy Phil over at Detailer’s Domain for complete paint correction, film and sealing.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

I heard late (Oct/Nov/Dec) build GT3 might be available for PTS again. Any cleaning ladies who can chime into this?
Old 04-03-2018, 03:40 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe

From the moment I once laid my eyes on an old but pristine Slate Grey (615) Porsche 356, I knew that I’d own one someday. Well, as fate would have it (and literally hundreds of calls and countless hours spent trying to buy a 911R and lately a 991.2 GT3), I finally made the leap last week.

Got a call on the car before it even hit the ground, and immediately put deposit down. Did I pay a premium? You bet, $20k over. Do I feel good about paying this much over MSRP. Not one bit. But in the end, Porsche won the battle. ( After what I went through with PTS build, I almost left the brand.) Tired of incessantly talking about PTS, ADMs, CXX, leather, headlights, trim, wing, touring, BLAH BLAH BLAH. Time to start driving again.

About a month into the process now, and the car’s being delivered (as it came off the boat) direct to my boy Phil over at Detailer’s Domain for complete paint correction, film and sealing.
Simply beautiful. Congratulations. From an exterior point of view, this is my exact spec due to be built in June. Slate Grey (615), winged, PCCB, platinum wheels. You are giving me a sample of what I have to look forward to. Slate Grey (615) has always been one of my favorite Porsche colors. I requested PTS on my last two GT cars and was not approved. This will be certainly worth the wait. Enjoy her!

6 sp or PDK?
Old 04-03-2018, 03:43 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Congrats. Good to see you got one after getting the PTS ax. Is it the one from Champion?
Old 04-03-2018, 03:59 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 179 Posts

^^^^Yes siree. Upside was sales associate, Nicole, who is an absolute darling and pleasure to work with though such a sterile, cold ‘all-business’ style dealership like Champion. Don’t get me wrong, I have very limited dealings with them and they’re highly professional (and I dig that about them), but one gets the felling that they could care less about your business. Haha, dare I say, similar to Porsche!
Old 04-03-2018, 04:05 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

^^^^Yes siree. Upside was sales associate, Nicole, who is an absolute darling and pleasure to work with though such a sterile, cold ‘all-business’ style dealership like Champion. Don’t get me wrong, I have very limited dealings with them and they’re highly professional (and I dig that about them), but one gets the felling that they could care less about your business. Haha, dare I say, similar to Porsche!
Champion is great. No BS. I got 2 GT3s from them.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:27 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 276 Posts

soon

Old 04-03-2018, 10:36 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 232 Posts

Agree, put an inquiry on a car awhile back when looking at preowned's but got a joke of an offer on a trade after it took days to get an answer back. Wouldn't call back as promised (would send a poorly written email), and could not care less about trying to get a sale together.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:37 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
soon

Love it! Wanted to do the same spec in Viola for a Touring Package car - opted against last minute. Enjoy that color!

Quick Reply: PTS GT3 Picture Thread